Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Taigen's 76mm Sherman! Pictures inside!

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen's 76mm Sherman! Pictures inside!

Old 07-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Tanker 10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, looking forward to the F model. Thanks Erik
Old 07-08-2016, 08:00 PM
MODELMAN2

Update on 76MM Production is finished. and should ship to us middle of August . Arrive Time will be mid September.. Waiting on a few restock items to fill the container. I have been in asia since June 23rd China and Korea visiting with our factories.. To make sure everything is running smoothly. Happy Tanking BOSSMAN
Old 07-09-2016, 02:02 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

early or late mantlets (Ausf G)? Or, both?
Old 07-10-2016, 06:01 AM
FreakyDude

Erik, Are you bringing any unpainted models in?
Old 07-11-2016, 12:04 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by afv aficionado
Hi Erik
... though I don't think the upside down 50 Cal will catch on.

Mal
It's the gangsta version of the .50 cal..

Ok Erik I'll grab one when you get them....

I have a serious space problem...

Jerry
Old 07-11-2016, 05:56 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by philipat
early or late mantlets (Ausf G)? Or, both?
Going to be a late version G. Has the chin mantlet and flash suppressors for the exhausts too.
Originally Posted by FreakyDude
Erik, Are you bringing any unpainted models in?
Not as of now, the demand for unpainted models is slim atm.
Originally Posted by Tanque
It's the gangsta version of the .50 cal..

Ok Erik I'll grab one when you get them....

I have a serious space problem...

Jerry
Yea I second you on the space problems.... I'll keep everyone updated and let you know when the first batch is almost here. That way you guys get first dibs of course as usual.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:02 AM
Tanker 10

Due to the fact the Panthers are on the ship, do you have pricing info you can share?
Old 07-12-2016, 06:42 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Tanker 10
Due to the fact the Panthers are on the ship, do you have pricing info you can share?
I have half the prices but not for the IR yet. Our VP and bossman are out of town at the Hobbytown Show in NE atm. However, RCU members will always have a better discount than our site if you go through me of course. I can say they will be cheaper than the T34 and Sherman though
Old 07-12-2016, 07:21 AM
Tanker 10

OK Erik thank you, the wait continues.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Tanker 10
OK Erik thank you, the wait continues.
Well as long as US Customs doesn't think we are importing weapons again (darn airsoft) then all the Panther stuff should be well around the 3rd week of Aug. Every once and a while they freak out over all the plastic airsoft bullets but lately we have been lucky. I'll be mad if there is an inspection.... I'm waiting as well for a few parts. We should have some Sherman 76mm parts on the Panther container too....

Last edited by Imex-Erik; 07-12-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:46 AM
philipat

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Going to be a late version G. Has the chin mantlet and flash suppressors for the exhausts too.

Not as of now, the demand for unpainted models is slim atm.
You should make some accessories for the Panther G that include the early, "chin-less" mantlet, all three exhaust styles (single bent pipe, flame suppressors, oversized curved pipe), both armored covers (cast and welded); and a removable vent/crew heater. Then, we could mix and match. Most of the rest of it are details that can be readily built.

I'd like unpainted tanks. But, I know that your biggest market is the RTR market and unpainted isn't ready-to-run.

Last edited by philipat; 07-12-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by philipat
You should make some accessories for the Panther G that include the early, "chin-less" mantlet, all three exhaust styles (single bent pipe, flame suppressors, oversized curved pipe), both armored covers (cast and welded); and a removable vent/crew heater. Then, we could mix and match. Most of the rest of it are details that can be readily built.

I'd like unpainted tanks. But, I know that you're biggest market is the RTR market and unpainted isn't ready-to-run.
I will mention this If the Panthers turn out to be very popular (I'm guessing so) then this might be an option. I can already source the exhausts though btw. The single we should be able to modify from the KT if not a direct fit, and the triple exhaust you can pull from a Panther A backplate (as well as the single if you wanted to have a plastic version) as long as you got two plates. That leaves the flame suppressors on the stock G and F. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll see what I can do ok?
Old 07-12-2016, 01:31 PM
philipat

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
I will mention this If the Panthers turn out to be very popular (I'm guessing so) then this might be an option. I can already source the exhausts though btw. The single we should be able to modify from the KT if not a direct fit, and the triple exhaust you can pull from a Panther A backplate (as well as the single if you wanted to have a plastic version) as long as you got two plates. That leaves the flame suppressors on the stock G and F. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll see what I can do ok?
When I do a Panther (which will probably be my next project...after I build the funds), I want to do an early Ausf G from the 12th SS PzDiv at Normandy. That will be without the chin on the mantlet, without the crew heater (basically the same rounded vent on the rear deck on both sides), and with the single piped exhaust using the cast armored covers. You could do the exhaust from an Ausf A tank that HL already makes and just lop off the two side pipes on the portside exhaust pipe. I'm not sure that the KT exhausts are the same as the Panther; in fact, I'm pretty sure that they're not. See the attached pages from one of Trojca's books to see the different exhausts used on an Ausf G. (note: attachment is a PDF and will probably download to your computer rather than popup as an image.)
Attached Thumbnails Pages from Pzkpfw. V Panther vol 1 (Tank Power 01).pdf  
Old 07-12-2016, 01:48 PM
Imex-Erik

Hmmm, the single and triple can be found on the Panther A here:

The straight oversized can be found on the Panther G/F:

The curved oversized can be found on the Jagdpanther:

Is there a reason to use the triple exhausts and chop it or is it just so you dont have to purchase two sets? I believe this should cover the exhausts, but the more the merrier right?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150126_093524.jpg
Views:	1004
Size:	3.41 MB
ID:	2172727   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00120.jpg
Views:	1064
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	2172728   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151009_122612.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	2172729  
Old 07-12-2016, 02:04 PM
philipat

forgot you had the curved oversized...very nice!

If I wanted it accurate for the early G, I would have to buy the triple exhausts and chop it. Or, as you indicated, buy two sets of the Panther A and just use the single stacks from both sets. (gives me an idea...offer the Panther A exhausts in two formats: as a set with the single and triple stacks (like shown) and just the single pipes as individual pieces). BTW...are the Panther A exhausts functional, meaning the smoke goes in the bottom from the inside and comes out the top of the pipes?

At the end of the day, though, you have covered the exhaust options if all three types shown can be purchased as separate sets.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:50 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man i cant wait. But, and this is important, the ONLY time the US used that black on olive camo was during operation cobra. Other than that they did not paint then Shermans like that. I am pretty sure Jeff can back me up on this one. now, i do really like it but not historically 100% accurate to have them all painted like that. But I guarantee this will be my next and last WWII era tank purchase, and not to be politically insensitive but i'm pretty much not very happy with the current antics of a certain country.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:56 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

14th Armoured had black camo in 1945 as did the 3rd, but for the most part plain olive drab was the norm.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47208...ings+Need+Help
Old 07-22-2016, 12:24 PM
Imex-Erik

Update!
The 76mm version will be arriving with the Panther G and Panther F tanks on the first week of September The parts for the 76mm Sherman will also be arriving at the same time. Please contact me if you wish to be put on the preorder list and I will add you and contact you when they arrive here at the warehouse. You can PM me and have me add you there or email me at [email protected] and request there as well. Make sure to leave me a phone number so we can give you a call! You can request any of the three tanks for preorder. Have a great weekend tankers!
Old 07-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Ex_Pat_Tanker
14th Armoured had black camo in 1945 as did the 3rd, but for the most part plain olive drab was the norm.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47208...ings+Need+Help
What he said.

Pershings even sported this camo... ask Ethan. I was going to paint my Tamiya M26 this way but then I decided to make an A1 with it.

Jeff
Old 07-26-2016, 12:29 PM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Super Pershing was 3rd AD in March 1945 and that was Black and green. Many units added the black stripes during depot level maintenance and that was not evenly done so I have seen unit pics with a mixed bag of stripes and OD only. I just striped my Super.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2602.JPG
Views:	1009
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	2174483   Click image for larger version

Name:	784 Sherman.jpg
Views:	865
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	2174484  

Last edited by edoubleaz; 07-26-2016 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:39 AM
Afrikakorps

Hi everyone,
I saw the M36 Jackon on the weekend and was wondering if it is available as parts, like the Sherman or Panther.
Being in Australia, it may be easier (cheaper) to add the turret to my existing Sherman hull.
Hope someone can help.
Cheers
AK
Old 08-09-2016, 12:03 PM
RichJohnson

Received 373 Likes on 237 Posts

The m36 is produced by mato, not taigen.
i dont care for the mato hulls and gear boxes. The turret should fit onto a taigen or henglong hull without too much effort if you did want to go that route.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:35 PM
Rustytrax

Love it! I would head for the FireFly before an E8 next.

I think the UK market and the US market would buy more since there is an E8 option out there. Lets face it, the Taigen Sherman is on the same price tier as the Tamyia Sherman.

A Comet or Chieftain would be a sell out.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:52 PM
RichJohnson

Received 373 Likes on 237 Posts

Yes, and I think the taigen is more sturdy than the tamiya sherman, though we are comparing vvss to hvss.
i now use only taigen lowers for my older vvss sherman builds. The upper halfs do lack a refinement to the detail in scale compared to the tamiya and the aftermarket modlers urethank kits but for the 99% who buy them taigens they are perfect.
i myself like to build tanks nobody has... So my stock tamiya sherman which is a loaner is the closest thing I have to common tank model.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:29 PM
Rustytrax

Cheers to that!!!! I was just sitting here thinking that old HL KT in the attic and this spare "F" turret might just need to make an E50.

Aww man I got this old thead up and couldn't figure out why I did this. Then I look at my email and the forum sent me the "NEW" link. I'm gettin old!

Last edited by Rustytrax; 05-23-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.