Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Decals for M26 Pershing

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 02:34 PM
Larrymuld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decals for M26 Pershing

So to answer your first question, yes I googled before I posted!
i have a brand new Heng Long M26 Pershing and I hate the look of the cheap decals that came with the kit so I bought a set of Tamiya decals for it. For the last two days I've been searching for the instructions for them with no luck.

Can an anyone with the directions or insight please post?

Thanks,
Larry
Old 03-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you want what came in the original Tamiya 1/16 Peshing kit:

Instructions for painting and applying decals on Tamiya tanks are usually contained in a "Finishing Guide" which is a document included with the instructions. For the Pershing kit, it would likely be in part number 9415905 "Instruction Bag".
Old 03-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Larrymuld

Jeff, I fount the 35 page document for the fully upgrade 1600 version on the Tamiya website but it did not have the decal instructions. I also found a version for a 1/35 version but the pictures are not very clear and the decal numbers do not match up.
larry
Old 03-01-2016, 04:03 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Tamiya part number I mentioned (9415905) is a bag that should contain 4 documents (See, Axel's Modelbau description). 1. Assembly instructions; 2. Operation Manual; 3. Spare Parts Guide and 4. Finishing guide.

Each is a stand-alone document. The finishing guide is the one you want. It is a 4x size poster document that is glossy color. It has the location of each decal illustrated (it even identifies the decal by number) and shows what the recommended paint job is. Works pretty good.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Larrymuld

Thanks for the advice, found a diagram of a 1/35 scale that I liked!