Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Just recieved a Heng Long Tauch Panzer III

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Just recieved a Heng Long Tauch Panzer III

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 05:38 AM
mrbean1957

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just recieved a Heng Long Tauch Panzer III

Ok before I tear this thing up what should I do as far as lube, adjustments etc. It's the plastic track model. Has sound, smoke and the airsoft gun. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
Old 04-22-2016, 05:53 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Learn how to take it apart to lube the gearbox and motors.

Plus, some oil on the turret mechanism helps as well.

Jeff
Old 04-22-2016, 06:22 AM
mrbean1957

Any suggestions on where to start with that? I think I need to fine omeone with the same model.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:34 AM
Panther F

I have a HL Panzer II. The screws to remove to get inside are on the bottom.

Someone MAY know of a diagram of them but it's a case of doing it yourself and learning. I don't know if the owners manual would help any as I just toss them in the trash when I get them.

Jeff
Old 04-22-2016, 09:27 AM
mrbean1957

Found the screws, my real concern at the moment on the first few runs I noticed that I have 3 road wheels not turning. Tried pulling off the little cap to look for a screw, and tried splitting them in half. I can't really tear into this thing until UPS looks it over for the claim I have on it. But it works fine I just want to get everything working correctly. I collect WWI german helmets BTW....
Old 04-22-2016, 09:51 AM
Panther F

Originally Posted by mrbean1957
Found the screws, my real concern at the moment on the first few runs I noticed that I have 3 road wheels not turning. Tried pulling off the little cap to look for a screw, and tried splitting them in half.

Not surprising... the glue monkeys that put these together CAN go a little crazy.

They are held on with a screw that's under the cap.

Good luck with your claim.

Jeff
Old 04-22-2016, 10:07 AM
mrbean1957

I think these are made to be split as I've read a few reviews that the outer road wheels have come off. Anyway going to get the stuff to check it out this weekend. Thanks for the help. Damn thing is SO much fun. In the 80's I'd build Tamiya model tanks and had the weathering down to an art. Now rapidly approaching 60 I wonder if I still have it LOL. Oh well if I screw it up I just threw away $100.... I will say that the Tauch is a weird ass model. Not sure how to paint it or associate it to a division.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:10 AM
Panther F

Originally Posted by mrbean1957
I think these are made to be split as I've read a few reviews that the outer road wheels have come off. Anyway going to get the stuff to check it out this weekend. Thanks for the help. Damn thing is SO much fun. In the 80's I'd build Tamiya model tanks and had the weathering down to an art. Now rapidly approaching 60 I wonder if I still have it LOL. Oh well if I screw it up I just threw away $100.... I will say that the Tauch is a weird ass model. Not sure how to paint it or associate it to a division.

That's right... they DO split in half. Just like the metal wheels do for them.

Thanks for jogging MY memory.

Jeff
Old 04-22-2016, 11:47 AM
mrbean1957

You're right I think they glue the crap out of these. I'm not going to force it yet. Looks to me that the ones on the tanks deck are perfect repalcements tho. We shall see. Thanks again!
Old 04-25-2016, 06:30 AM
maillemaker

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yup, they split, and if you are not careful, you will shed outer wheel halves while driving!

You will notice that each half has a tongue-and-groove key notch. I recommend putting a tiny drop of CA glue there when you press them back together. You can still pry them apart later if needed.

Some of my road wheels don't spin freely, either. I suspect I over-tightened the screws when I disassembled them and lubricated the axles.

Steve
Old 04-28-2016, 11:11 AM
mrbean1957

OK found the time to get it opened up. Nylon/plastic gears. Whats the best lube for these? I won't be running it in the dirt or grass. Just the driveway and on carpet. Thanks again for the help.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:55 AM
CaptainB

I use Lithium based grease - wont attack the plastic - avoid oil based grease if you can. Just apply enough and run the gears so they look wet with grease.
Cheers

CaptB
Old 04-29-2016, 03:17 AM
Panther F

Not only on the face of the gear but a non petroleum based oil is needed for the shafts, axles AND the motor bushings as well.

Tamiya's ceramic grease is plastic safe too.

Jeff
Old 04-29-2016, 03:48 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Carpet is the worst surface to run these on. dont use metal tracks . best to keep the plastic tracks and dont lube any of the running gear or it will quickly become clogged with dirt and trash the wheels and axles. just use any plastic and nylon safe lube on the gears and put a few drops of oil on the shafts of the gear boxes.