Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Panzer IV

Old 04-28-2016, 06:38 AM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rad_Schuhart
And can we use tamiya rubber tires in asiatam road wheels?
Don't know...don't have any Tamiya rubber tires or road wheels. If someone wants to send me a set, I'll have all three and could test them.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:02 PM
Tanker 10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bearings arrived today along with the metal elevation arm. The shoulder in the wheel will need to be lowered so that the bearing will fit flush. I don't know now if I want to mess with drilling those Tamiya wheels. I my try them as is first.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:40 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

I don't remember Schumo making road wheels for the P4, the only made and make the return rollers.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It really doesn't need bearings. I've never worn out a set of Tamiya bushings yet.

In my experience, the bearings work best for very heavy tanks that you use for battling. The bearings make them roll when your tank has 1 or 2 hits left. Sounds trivial, but it makes a big difference in a battle. The Pz4 rolls just fine with the bushings.