Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Clark TK RX/TX suggestions

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clark TK RX/TX suggestions

Old 05-18-2016, 04:01 AM
yoshigt2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clark TK RX/TX suggestions

Hello fellow tankers. After searching through looking for ways to improve upon my HL Panzer IV and brother-in-law's Abrams, I've decided the electronics have to go first. I'll be ordering a Clark board for each tank. What I'm lookingetting for are radio set suggestions. I tend to lean towards Spektrum gear as I am familiar with it. I'd like to be able to have separate switches for each function similar to the stock radio gear if possible.

Thanks for any information in advance!
Old 05-18-2016, 04:34 AM
CaptainB

I've gone for the Turnigy 6 channel systems from Hobbyking - work a treat.

cheers

CaptB
Old 05-19-2016, 06:15 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm a big Frsky Taranis fanboy myself. There really is no other radio in its class. 16 channels (expandable to 32 with a module), open source, great butter smooth gimbals, telemetry, sbus and ppm options, cheap receivers with true diversity, cheap replacement parts, and a breeze to self center. You absolutely can't find a better radio for even double it's price.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:19 PM
yoshigt2

Nice. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 05-19-2016, 11:13 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

I favour any transmitter that has at least one ROTARY control because you may have to adjust the volume from a potentiometer on the tank rather than on the Radio otherwise,
My Spectrum DX6i which I use with my Aircraft doesn't have a rotary control but my Turnigy 9x which I use with my Tanks does.
Shaun.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:09 PM
yoshigt2

Never thought of the potentiometer, thank you for that Shaun. I'll definately look into the 9x.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:07 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

What made you decide on the Clark? The Abrams has plenty of room in it, have you considered any of the other boards available? Do you plan to add the TBS system to the Clark? And are you using the TK22 or the new TK-60 (I think that's the latest from Mr. Clark)? Are they both airsoft or just the M1, and are you keeping the Abrams airsoft or converting?
Old 05-22-2016, 06:28 AM
jarndice

Originally Posted by yoshigt2
Never thought of the potentiometer, thank you for that Shaun. I'll definately look into the 9x.
The 9x has been superseded by the 9XR,
Similar but better.
I am thinking of getting one to replace my 9X.

Shaun.

Last edited by jarndice; 05-22-2016 at 06:32 AM.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:56 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Shaun, I have both, and I like them both, but I won't get rid of my original 9X. There's just something about it that's very comfortable. It has a bit of heft that the newer radios don't have, and I like it. Makes it feel like a substantial piece of kit, if that makes any sense. Kevin told me long ago that no matter how good the new 9XR Pro gets, I'll still find myself reaching for the good old 9X sometimes, and he was right. I've only been doing this for three years, but the 9X has a feel about it that makes anyone feel like an old pro.

I recently replaced a gimbal in my 9X and I'm getting a parts collection together for that TX so if you need anything give a holler and we'll see if we can't fix you up. I'm also keeping an eye out for old 9Xs at good prices to keep for parts.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:55 AM
jarndice

I am all the way with you BUT "YOSHIG" does not have a "TURNIGY" 9X and as they are no longer being made he would not find one very easily, after all would you sell yours ?
So what I was suggesting was an alternative that has many of the better parts of the 9X..
Shaun.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:30 PM
FreakyDude

the 9X is not being made..... what is that about. Best radio in the world. The Frsky has the TH9x which is the same model and its being made still. the 9XR pro is plastic heap. soon as I got it I sent it back.
I would never sell my 9X its the best and I have owned every major brand
Old 05-23-2016, 07:14 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by FreakyDude
the 9X is not being made..... what is that about. Best radio in the world. The Frsky has the TH9x which is the same model and its being made still. the 9XR pro is plastic heap. soon as I got it I sent it back.
I would never sell my 9X its the best and I have owned every major brand
You mean Fly Sky 9x right? Frsky makes much higher quality stuff than Fly Sky. You could also look at the Fly Sky i10 as well or even the new i6s. I personally like as many channels as I can get though, 9-10 isn't enough. I can use 16 channels in no time. If you plan to stay in the hobby for a while then take a serious look at the Taranis, there is a reason it is so popular and used by the elite. Otherwise Fly Sky is a great alternative.