Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

A sneak peak at the new Taigen Leopard 2A6 lower hull :)

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

A sneak peak at the new Taigen Leopard 2A6 lower hull :)

Old 06-23-2016, 04:14 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great video! That's a unique way to hold suspension components in place; at first I couldn't really see how they'd be very stable in there but I think it's something I'd have to hold in front of my face. The least amount of suspension wiggle possible is what counts :P I like how heavy the construction is. Keep up the awesome developments guys.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:26 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Merganser
Wow! Sign me up for the complete kit. Do I need to call now with a credit card number? Can we hope to have one of these before Christmas? I will also be in line for the M1A2 Abrams. Now if you could just come up with some trucks. There must be millions of Vets who drove 1 ton and 2 & 1/2 ton trucks in the service. Thousands of these trucks were converted to wild land fire trucks and also put to use with the Forest Service after the war. The Dodge line of trucks were used by every major army and yes the Germans loved their captured Dodges and jeeps. The kids in the group have only to look at the opening credits for "Mash" to see a Dodge truck in action. The basic frame and running gear used for a deuce & 1/2 and Dodge Power wagon style trucks could be used on lots of different trucks, but they do need to be 1/16 scale.
I'll see if I can get a better ETA soon for these, there is still a tweak or two I want to do to it before releasing so that might delay it a hair but at least it is 95% done! The Abrams will be done just as thick and will have a great suspension as well, I'll be working on that one soon enough
Originally Posted by Strato50
Great video! That's a unique way to hold suspension components in place; at first I couldn't really see how they'd be very stable in there but I think it's something I'd have to hold in front of my face. The least amount of suspension wiggle possible is what counts :P I like how heavy the construction is. Keep up the awesome developments guys.
Thanks! This guy is going to be a crowd favorite I can tell. It is thick and durable and should a welcome addition to any Leo. The O-Rings should help a decent amount of water and moisture out too, with some caulking in the rear and maybe some flexible silicone/marine grease for the suspension arms I think waterproofing would be pretty easy for this guy!
Old 06-24-2016, 10:49 AM
HoloTheWolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! I'm also interested in this upgrade.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:02 PM
Merganser

I have ordered a Challenger just in case you do go ahead with a lower hull. If you would just come up with the electronics to use hobby grade radios my dreams would be complete - for now.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:18 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have ordered a Challenger just in case you do go ahead with a lower hull. If you would just come up with the electronics to use hobby grade radios my dreams would be complete - for now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohhFoqPHdaY

:P
Old 06-28-2016, 10:06 AM
superrod
My Feedback: (16)

So with the added Henglong parts you have do you have what is needed to put together a complete upper? Could you offer it as a package?
Jimmy
Old 06-29-2016, 05:46 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by HoloTheWolf
Looks great! I'm also interested in this upgrade.
Great! Let me know if you have any questions.
The Challenger if we do so will be after the Abrams, I've still got things I want to upgrade on it first too
Originally Posted by superrod
So with the added Henglong parts you have do you have what is needed to put together a complete upper? Could you offer it as a package?
Jimmy
I did though I'm already out of turrets I'll make sure we get some more though. I'm not sure about a complete package, but we shall see. It may be a build to order type thing depending on demand.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:39 PM
Rocketgamerpie

Hey Any status on this? im pretty much in a Shut up and take my money situation with this lower chassis, the sans metal roadwheel one. so excited to see this because i want to bring this tank with my friends' trail trucks.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:38 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Rocketgamerpie
Hey Any status on this? im pretty much in a Shut up and take my money situation with this lower chassis, the sans metal roadwheel one. so excited to see this because i want to bring this tank with my friends' trail trucks.
The chassis will be a few months from now, we instead rushed to get the Sherman and Panthers out first. It is however being finished (the one I showed was a pre production model) and should be done soon. I'll keep everyone updated. I should have a video soon of it, I just have been super busy with the upcoming launches and a rebuild of the website. More options coming soon
Old 09-30-2016, 12:22 AM
Rocketgamerpie

60 day check in. will this product be to market before feb 2016? Asking for a Friend ;P
Old 09-30-2016, 01:39 AM
ChuckATruck

definitely not gonna be before Feb 2016
Old 09-30-2016, 05:00 AM
chinito_03

maybe am asking too much but....... throw in a hacked HL board with real sound then my money is all yours for abram, leo, sherman and tiger 1...
Old 10-02-2016, 01:04 PM
Rocketgamerpie

Lol sorry will there be a release by feb 2017
Old 11-04-2016, 12:02 PM
Reyhn

Any updates on this hull?
And will it ship to Europe?
Old 11-04-2016, 12:25 PM
Imex-Erik

It is still being worked on, a few small updates have been made, but we do have another tank planned first ETA is not available at this time. I can say however I am really bashing this guy and haven't had any issues except for minor things which were planned (replacement rubber fenders for when you get caught on something). I am testing multiple systems and gearbox configurations at this time. When I have further info I'll happily post it here and on our newsletter. The new style of lower hulls from us will continue soon.... much sooner than expected if all goes well....
Old 11-04-2016, 12:34 PM
Reyhn

Thanks for the (very fast) update! (:
I'm really looking forward to this upgrade. I'm postponing all planned upgrades in favor of this one so soon can't happen soon enough. (:
Old 01-15-2017, 07:59 AM
pedzola

Hi, any update / eta? As you mentioned in the TCB thread, this indeed looks like a great platform for robotics projects.

Questions:
- Will there be tracks with rubber pads available?
- Any running videos? Curious how it performs w/the 390's / 4:1's.

Looking forward to getting my hands on one of these when they come out. Mobile model rocket launch system ftw.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:14 AM
2SSHoffner

Yeah, they are already selling these as Taigen in germany.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:38 AM
Reyhn

Really? Where?
I figured there would be an official announcement on the Taigen homepage when released.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:43 AM
2SSHoffner

http://www.rctank.de/Leopard-2A6-ful...l-complete-kit
Old 01-15-2017, 02:02 PM
MODELMAN2

It will be Available First week of March BOSS MAN
Old 01-15-2017, 03:14 PM
2SSHoffner

Sweet deal!
Old 01-16-2017, 01:56 AM
Reyhn

Indeed!

I can see that the kit is offered in both painted and an unpainted version. That is very nice!
I'm thinking about painting mine in desert colors. What kind of paint do I need to paint this metal hull?
Preferably spray cans, because I have no airbrush. /:
Old 01-16-2017, 07:00 AM
Imex-Erik

Hey guys!
We will offer a few different versions of the lower hull, I'll get descriptions of them later today for all. As bossman said early March is the ETA, I was going to announce in the newsletter but he beat me to it
Old 02-13-2017, 07:34 PM
Dynamic Table

I typed in Taigen Leopard on eBay and this is what I found, http://m.ebay.com/itm/Torro-Taigen-1...%257Ciid%253A5

Not sure if it's trusty but I don't recommend buying it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.