Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

A sneak peak at the new Taigen Leopard 2A6 lower hull :)

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

A sneak peak at the new Taigen Leopard 2A6 lower hull :)

Old 02-14-2017, 02:05 AM
Crisaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Torro has been selling it for two months. I already bought mine is a great quality product.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:21 AM
Maljunulo

Are there any plans, in the future, to add such upgrades for the HL T-90?

ETA: It would seem that there is considerable interest in "modern" tanks.

I hope it is a trend.

Last edited by Maljunulo; 02-14-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:16 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

The new Leopard lower chassis will be here in around 2-3 weeks We will have a few different options, 3 atm actually. All will be painted and ready to mate with your stock HL Leo colors. I believe (don't quote me yet!) we will the variants like this:
-Lower chassis + Suspension arms
-Lower chassis + Suspension arms + Road Wheels + Tracks + Drive Wheels + Idler Wheels + 4:1 Gearboxes w/ 390 motors
-Lower chassis + Suspension arms + Road Wheels + Tracks + Drive Wheels + Idler Wheels + 4:1 Gearboxes w/ 390 motors + Taigen Electronics

I'll get the listings up soon and we will most likely take some preorders for it too as there is a ton of demand for the initial batch and I want to make sure you guys get a first jump at them.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:08 PM
Dlester77

Does this mean that the Abrams is somewhere around the corner.....coming soon...?
Old 02-14-2017, 01:47 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Dlester77
Does this mean that the Abrams is somewhere around the corner.....coming soon...?
We still have a few things ahead of the Abrams. Unfortunately the Abrams is not ANYWHERE near as popular as the Leopard. We are still working on it, but have a few other things to finish first.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:59 PM
pedzola

Any HL uppers available to purchase w/the lower half?
Any running videos to get an idea of the speed of the new gearbox motors?
Anything else fun/new arriving in the leo shipment?
Will keep an eye out for pre-order info.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:30 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by pedzola
Any HL uppers available to purchase w/the lower half?
Any running videos to get an idea of the speed of the new gearbox motors?
Anything else fun/new arriving in the leo shipment?
Will keep an eye out for pre-order info.
I'll have to see about the uppers, most likely not.
The speed is just a bit faster than the normal 4:1s, the RPM has been increased from 18k to 25k for the 390 motors. There is a small bump in speed, but more importantly the torque is still there. Speed is also heavily dependent on voltage as well. I'll see what I can get up soon on it, I have mine tore down atm for an upgrade but should be able to put it together again tonight after work. I got a nice new VTX to put in it .25mW-200mW adjustable.... Should be able to get some very good video range! On the Leo shipment will also come with a big restock of the tanks (including the Torro KT and Mid Tiger 1!) and will also bring over a few HL tanks as well: Leopard 2A6, Abrams, Challenger 2, and now the ZTZ99 Other than that I think that is about it besides a ton of parts. I'll keep tabs though, I'm anxiously awaiting this shipment as well!
Old 02-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Do you sell the 390 Motors separately? I used the three shaft ball bearing gearboxes with the 380 Motors in my Abrams and it still seems much too slow. If you sell the 390s separately I'll give you a call and have you send me a pair.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:55 AM
wsn123

Is Leo2A6 metal Upper hull also expected ? when ?
Old 02-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Crius
Do you sell the 390 Motors separately? I used the three shaft ball bearing gearboxes with the 380 Motors in my Abrams and it still seems much too slow. If you sell the 390s separately I'll give you a call and have you send me a pair.
I have some yes, I'll get a listing up for you guys soon ok? They are our black can motors and will release with the new Leopard. I however of course have some here already to play with RPM has been increased from 18k to 25k so you can pair with the 4:1 gearbox and still get a bump in speed and keep the torque we are all used to.
Originally Posted by wsn123
Is Leo2A6 metal Upper hull also expected ? when ?
No, nothing planned at this time for a metal upper.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:24 AM
wsn123

Thanks for reply.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:33 PM
Merganser

I am looking forward to ordering the new gear as soon as we can preorder. Any news on the possible new radio system? I will probably order one without the radio if you think the new radio will be out by this spring. jot
Old 02-17-2017, 06:25 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by wsn123
Thanks for reply.
As always, np of course.
Originally Posted by Merganser
I am looking forward to ordering the new gear as soon as we can preorder. Any news on the possible new radio system? I will probably order one without the radio if you think the new radio will be out by this spring. jot
Hmmm, shouldn't be a problem to setup. I'll make sure to let you guys know first, I'll put it in the newsletter and FB too so if you guys are connected with us somewhere you should have first dibs.

*On a side note, I will be leaving early today at 12pm EST so please make sure your inquires and such are done by then, I'll be completely absent for the weekend on all platforms and would hate to ignore you all over a few days
Old 02-23-2017, 11:00 AM
Imex-Erik

Ok so the preorder page is now live! You can find more details here: http://www.taigentanks.com/taigen-tank-parts/leo2-lower
I have also revamped the Taigen parts page a bit to help better with navigation, more tweaks and fixes soon.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:37 PM
Merganser

Default Preorder done

Well, I've got my preorder in. Will now be studying how to rebuild the tank to use IR. I guess I will start by taking a close look at my IR Tiger. Lots of time on my hands since we are having a major snow event here in Wyoming with the usual road closures and "No unessasary travel" warnings for the next two days. Nothing better then a wine, spaghetti and tank parts night, jot
Old 02-28-2017, 04:18 PM
sgtparker01

Originally Posted by Dynamic Table
I typed in Taigen Leopard on eBay and this is what I found, http://m.ebay.com/itm/Torro-Taigen-1...%257Ciid%253A5

Not sure if it's trusty but I don't recommend buying it.
here is one that I found on ebay, Im sure its not the same thing tho...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162410331271...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT