Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

RC Tanks as a separate, stand alone forum on RCU...?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RC Tanks as a separate, stand alone forum on RCU...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 08:02 PM
dwwjr56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree as a brand new member and just getting into RC and tanks having a dedicated link would be great. I like others have bookmarked/saved the site in my forums, once I found it again!
I have been trying to read all I can before I jump right in and spend money on the wrong things.

Looking forward to learning from all of you and starting in this hobby.

My my hope is for a 1:6 scale m5 Stuart or the m1 Abrams from the same company. (I think) Seems like a lot can be done with them to ad realism and they aren't real expensive on the used market. Some on that big auction site are, and those folks are dreaming at the prices they are asking, but I will just bide my time and wait for the right deal.

I have been writing back and fourth with Thomas Benedini and he has been very helpful. From what I have read so far I guess he makes some very good products.

Anyways, sorry about being long winded, have fun and looking forward to talking with folks and maybe someday meeting some of you.

dave
Old 07-30-2016, 08:13 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not even long winded as you'll find on this fantastic forum. Talking to Thomas gets you in right direction with sound/lights. The $$$ part comes in when you what to make that 1/6 Stuart worth a damn with regards to gearboxes, running gear etc. Here's a link to my buddies page on the Stuart for basic things to check out and mod once you get yours.

http://www.customrcmodels.com/M5Stuart/
Old 07-30-2016, 10:12 PM
frijoles108

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. It would be nicer if tanks were a choice under interests. In regards to having to scroll all the way down the pages to find the rc tank page, i answered that issue by making this forum section my home page.