Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Anti Track Recoil Is Back

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Anti Track Recoil Is Back

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 04:05 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

This is one of the first Heng Long T34s. It needs some work because the low speed performance is not the best, and that's why so cheap. It has stock zinc gearboxes and I think that might be part of the trouble so I'm willing to throw in a new set of zinc GBs with it. It has metal tracks and sprockets. I figure the tracks, Taigen Electronics and the ATRC are probably worth the $150 I want for the whole tank. Too bad it would cost an arm and a leg to ship it to Okinawa!

It will make a good low cost project for someone and the tank itself is in good shape with the mod for the rear grills to come off and smoke fill tube accessible through the opening. I just know I'll never get around to doing it justice and I'm trying to get up the scratch for a JP4 kit. I also have a ZTZ-99A and three hobby grade tanks coming up for sale in the next week or so.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:28 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh well...sounds like my timing is off. I might be interested in some of what you're letting go, but I'm short on funds.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:16 PM
Jay-Em

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone any idea how long it usually takes to ship from Australia to Europe?

I ordered 2 units about 10 days ago, and I only got one mail that the order was received. Nothing else. No shipping date, nothing.

maybe I am just spoiled in the EU where everything I order, be it in Germany, be it in the UK, gets over here in the Netherlands within 3 days. Even stuff ordered in Hong Kong never took more than a week.

I just get a tad nervous if non-EU orders take a long time. Got burned for $250.- in the USA once that way. Ordered. Never got my parts. (Hot Racing Wraith stuff). Contacted dealer. He would send again. Never did that, apparently. Too late to file a claim. Poooff. Money gone. So, yeah..
Old 08-04-2016, 02:14 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

You have to remember that it's free shipping so Kevin uses the most economical method available. It usually takes about 10 to 14 days for stuff to get to me in Detroit from RC Tanks Australia, and I've ordered lots and lots of stuff from Kevin with no problems whatsoever. Kevin is an honorable man and would never try to rip you off like that other guy did. I trust Kevin enough that he has my credit card info on file and I know it's completely secure. But that's a private thing Kevin and I arranged and he does NOT keep credit card info on file (he did it for me because I asked him to in order to make things easier on myself), so don't worry about that.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Jay-Em

Okay, thanx.

That alleviates my worries for a bit. I'll take it that 14 days, or so, is to be expected.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:48 AM
Jay-Em

Well. Finally got it. It took, indeed, 14 days exactly to get the atrc over here from Oz.

Not that it did me any good. I couldn't get it to work on the new Challenger. Airsoft went completely bonkers the moment I switched the tank on. Oh, and to rub me with my nose into my "fail" status, I burned myself while soldering..

I -somehow- also succeeded in killing my jury-rigged high-intensity flasher. (Took the airsoft as a trigger for the flasher after replacing the original barrel with a shortened one, so the airsoft triggers the microswitch, but doesn't spit-out the flasher light in the barrel. Messy, noisy, but it worked...until I killed it today..)

Great. Spiffy. What a sh*tty day this is turning out to be.

Luckily my torro-edition Jagdpanther arrived early. It's neon-green with sand and brown "camouflage". Painter must have been colourblind, or something. Only €120.-

But hey, IR battle-set, metal gears, aluminium barrel (colour me surprised). So, I'm not complaining. Repainting every Heng Long that enters the household is a must anyways, imho..

Ow.. Sorry. Turned into a diatribe

Bottom-line. The botching-up is not Kevin's/RCTA ' s fault. Just my stupidity and ineptness with HL wiring.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:30 AM
chinito_03

Cool! since track recoil is very unrealistic in all tanks... tigen with track recoil? lol funny all video ived seen from documentaries, i dont see any track recoils from tiger even with shermans.... ty for sharing the link. gonna be checking the site every now and then since it board is sold out already.

Last edited by chinito_03; 08-06-2016 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:04 AM
afv

I thnik he's got another 100 units on order for the atrc, see here http://rctanksaustralia.com/forum/vi...php?f=3&t=1162 lets hope the rc5hl comes back

regards Jack.