Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Mark 1 Tank

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Patchcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mark 1 Tank

OK , what do you guys think of his tanks, seriously, when I joined this site I had already bought 2. A King tiger from Heng Long and Torro. I was *****ing about quality, and asked if anybody but the Fng chinese made rc tanks.The general response was no. So mark 1 is expensive. Ridiculously expensive, what do ya'll think of the quality? ,Mike
Old 07-09-2016, 03:59 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Patchcon
OK , what do you guys think of his tanks, seriously, when I joined this site I had already bought 2. A King tiger from Heng Long and Torro. I was *****ing about quality, and asked if anybody but the Fng chinese made rc tanks.The general response was no. So mark 1 is expensive. Ridiculously expensive, what do ya'll think of the quality? ,Mike

Tamiya RC tanks are from Japan, much better quality than both Heng Long and Torro BUT not quite as expensive as the larger RC tanks.

Jeff
Old 07-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Patchcon

Panther Thanks, but I'm interested in info about Mark 1 Tanks. Anybody got one?
Old 07-10-2016, 12:36 PM
FreakyDude

Originally Posted by Panther F
Tamiya RC tanks are from Japan, much better quality than both Heng Long and Torro BUT not quite as expensive as the larger RC tanks.

Correct me if I am wrong but Tamiya is built in the Phillipines. The only part from japan is the basic design and I am not sure about that even.

Jeff
Isn't tamiya made in the Phillipines now and have been for many years? its all about cost of manufacture to go there.

I doubt you will find Mark 1 tanks here because the tanks here are basicly 1/16scale. Mark 1 specializes in large scale, yeah they are nice but a tad heavy on ones pocketbook.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Not really certain what you are asking. Heng Long and Torro 1/16 models are 1/16 Heng Long and Torro models- they are pretty much the same no matter who you buy them from.

If you are referring to Mark I 's 1/6 scale line they are made in Russia. Not certain about the current production of these but I had
the chance to look at a 1/6 scale Tiger I from the same maker years ago and wasn't not favorably impressed at all; I wouldn't buy one. I recognize that many buyers of these work them over extensively. They are big so if that is what you want they fit that requirement nicely. Higher end models in larger scales will tend to be even more ridiculously expensive...

As always you have the opportunity to make your own. Has multiple benefits, possibly saves money, you know exactly what you get and gives one first hand insight as to why largely handmade models are ridiculously expensive.

Jerry
Old 07-11-2016, 01:44 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Mike, I was only responding to the "if anybody but the Chinese made RC tanks" comment. Since you already have a few 1/16 tanks I thought I'd suggest Tamiya's 1/16 line which is NOT made in China and are much less expensive than the Mark 1 tanks.

Jeff
Old 07-11-2016, 04:38 AM
BludoTheSmelly

Originally Posted by FreakyDude
Isn't tamiya made in the Phillipines now and have been for many years? its all about cost of manufacture to go there.

I doubt you will find Mark 1 tanks here because the tanks here are basicly 1/16scale. Mark 1 specializes in large scale, yeah they are nice but a tad heavy on ones pocketbook.

[h=3]Tamiya Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/h]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamiya_Corporation

Wikipedia

Tamiya Incorporated is a Japanese manufacturer of plastic model kits, radio controlled cars, ..... Presently, over half of Tamiya's products are manufactured in the Philippines. Tamiya's 1/48 Mini Military AFV, complete even to the point where it ...
Old 07-31-2016, 04:29 PM
Scratchwerk

Mike,

I just ordered a Mark 1, Tiger 1 in 1/6 scale. Mark doesn't "make" the tanks. He is a builder. The kits are made by Big Tanks in Russia. Mark builds and modifies them.

I had the same problem you are. I asked around and got very little info. I did get some help from Rivetcounter on this forum. I got more help from talking to posters on Youtube. Here is the one most helpful ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdoEhNcEYO0
He has had his tank about 10 years with no major problems.

Here is a link to my questions. Look for the answers from Rivetcounter. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-t...k-1-tanks.html

I'm going with Mark because I don't want to start one from a kit for my first one. The kit will be lacking some details. But I look forward to making my modifications. So I am having Mark leave it in primer.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Patchcon

Scratch, Yeah I know about, Mark, I also have a T1 on order from him. It's going to be another 2 1/2 months and it's killing me.

Rivetcounter has also given me some advice http://www.uktank.org/phpbb3/viewtop...79b3&start=165 This is a link to his Tiger. Out of my league but very nice.

I started a Mato T1 in 12/15 it's about 1/2 done, but I had some shoulder surgery and it's at a stand still for now.

How long till you get yours from Mark?
Old 08-03-2016, 12:16 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

HI Chaps, just had a recap on my older posts and there is nothing more to say really apart from the point about the suspension bushes and keeping them lubricated.

Detail parts can be provided by the following;
http://www.eastcoastarmory.com/onesixth.htm
http://www.fieldofarmortanks.com/
http://www.armorpax.net/

Thomas Benedini is also helpful http://www.benedini.de/html/home_e.html the TBS mini and an amp will cost 159€ make sure you have an encoder fitted if you go the way of the controller sticks it takes forever to change the sounds and very quickly becomes annoying, Thomas offers a number of Tiger recordings some are from Panther one is recorded direct from Tiger 131 this is what I used on my Tiger build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frUGM6njKVk follow the link to my other YouTube videos.

Decals come from Germany
http://decals.guenstigergeht.net/ this chap is very helpful and will supply decals of whatever you want if you don’t see them just send him an email
A number of people who once supplied parts have now closed so it’s getting harder to source parts some have to be scratch built.

I have also started to add my builds on Facebook on Werkstatt - 5

If you need any help or advice contact me I will be happy to help.

Finally don’t forget to post pictures when your tank arrives.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:27 PM
Scratchwerk

Patchcon,

I'm not sure how much longer I have to wait. I sent my first payment in April. I'm trying to be a good boy and not bug him too much. My last e-mail from him said soon.

Has yours arrived?
Old 10-19-2016, 01:37 PM
Patchcon

Scratch, No I don't have it yet. Should be about 4 more weeks, I hope. He sent me a pic of mine in primer, beside a 1/4 KT. Made it look small. Anyway the waiting is the hardest part, so true. Mike
Old 11-19-2016, 05:16 PM
Scratchwerk

Patchcon,

Any more news on your T1. Mark says parts are still being made for mine.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:52 AM
rivetcounter

What parts did you order with the Tiger?
Old 11-20-2016, 06:19 AM
Patchcon

Hey , My tank should be here 11/22/17 before 6:00 pm. According to the shipping notice. I got the charger, truck ramps and liquid paraffin. The only extras I got were some charges for the cannon. Just a little over 6 months
Old 11-20-2016, 06:58 PM
Scratchwerk

Rivet, Patch,

My last e-mail from Mark, 11-7-2016, said main parts are still being made. No confirmed date for arrival to Mark.

Here is what I ordered... Mid Production Tiger 1...

Turn turret
Gun elevation
24v speed control.. ( with TBS sound and no track recoil. )
Speakers
7 ch RC
Batteries
Barrel recoil... ( no pyrotechnics. I will add a flash unit )
Smoke from exhausts
Linked to throttles
No camouflage, primer only

I plan on back dating it to early production. Just ordered a early cupola from F.O.A. I'll have some other things to change also.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:06 PM
Scratchwerk

Patchcon,

What battery charger are you using?

Also, where are you located?
Old 11-20-2016, 10:56 PM
rivetcounter

If you are planning on back dating to an early version then you will also need the loaders hatch with the frame attached, one thing about Field of Armour is their postage within the US is Expensive and sending stuff to Europe is extortionate he tends to use the most expensive postal method.

Have you looked at East coast armoury http://eastcoastarmory.com/onesixth.htm he has a range of parts in resin which may also be of interest, to date I haven’t used any of his parts.

This is my build thread on the Tiger I built http://www.uktank.org/phpbb3/viewtop...6+tiger+i+late
Old 11-21-2016, 05:55 AM
Patchcon

Scratch, I got the Optimate 6 off Amazon. Also I didn't realize that Mark offered the track recoil. Mine will have the barrel recoil. For the early version, did you get the rubber wheels? I'm in VA.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:12 AM
rivetcounter

The track recoil is built into the Russian sound unit the recording is a Russian diesel tractor and every time you move you have a horrible gear clunking sound if you are trying to move very slowly this happens constantly the Russian sound unit has chassis recoil when the main gun fires this is a bit of a gimmick with Heng Long and Tamiya but the reality is the crew would be battered around the tank every time they fired the main gun in reality the tank chassis should not recoil when the gun fires only the main gun after all its not a naval canon from the 1800’s also the engine sound cuts out when you fire the main gun or MG, you are far better off with the Benadidni TBS mini these are very cheap and with an amp cost less than 160€ http://www.benedini.de/html/sound.html the TBS 5 is discontinued and has been for nearly a year.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:43 AM
superrod
My Feedback: (16)

Where in VA?
Jimmy
Old 11-21-2016, 09:56 AM
Patchcon

Poquoson Mike
Old 11-21-2016, 05:04 PM
superrod
My Feedback: (16)

Gonna have to check out your new tank. I work right down the street at NASA.
Jimmy
Old 11-21-2016, 06:15 PM
Patchcon

Cool. Should have it tomorrow. Where do you live?
Old 11-21-2016, 09:13 PM
Scratchwerk

Patchcon,

I wanted the early version. But the price was pretty steep. Mark suggested the mid version, a little cheaper. It still has the rubber tires, but the latter cupola. There are some other small differences I can change easily. I think I leave the air filters off. I like the look on the Tiagen 1/16, but watching the Bovington Tiger they seem kind of anemic. I imagine the Tiagen's are out of scale a little.

How is yours being shipped?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.