Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Help with Benedini upgrades

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Help with Benedini upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 04:53 AM
T Skaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info! But I'm even more confused with more technical jargon. Numbers and letters of various sound boards, watts, etc.. This stuff gets more crazy!!! I'm just having a hard time grasping what board or electronics mate together to create one nice package. Tim
Old 07-22-2016, 05:40 AM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

same here , never do IR at all, just a backyard runner my self . I just have been chatting With Clark a few times about some soundfiles and such, and just said I wanted one as soon as they were ready. Think it is just a few tweaks left for the programmer / usb dongle what ever it will be for uploading sounds and such before it's ready .

I see DKLM-RC have on site for 170$
Old 07-22-2016, 06:30 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting specs. They mention Beier so I wonder if it was a joint effort. The Beier sound engine is very similar to the TBS, and was the only board I ever heard that sounded as good as the TBS. So this has me thinking the TK 60 might be really good. Clark also mentioned early on that all the IR files could be downloaded into the card, making it very easy for clubs to configure tanks for a more complex IR game. No mention about that on the site, so maybe this idea never made it to production.

Cheers

Dan
Old 07-23-2016, 03:07 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well thanks Dan for all you have done for many of us. I am grateful for the experience i have had doing business with you and yes the market is pretty well flooded with after market systems now. the hard part is making sense of most of them or finding someone who is willing and able to do it for you on a professional basis.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:00 PM
jmm6293-123

Ok Guys just like T skaz,im new to tanks ,started with the 1/24 vs line and moved up to the HL 1;16,,i now have 2,the A6 and M41,since thete are no battle clubs here i plan to switch my tanks to FPV with micro cams in the scale locations,any way,as Dan stated stated he is out of the business end of the hobby just when i was about to order the BARC...yesterday,im not interested in sound for the moment and my tanks are airsof tversions,I just need some one...anyone to tell me what to get so that I can use my spectrum or futaba radio.....pretty please,I did not get any feed back from the OTHER SITE,my tanks are the new 2.4 ghz versions,
Thanks guys
Old 07-25-2016, 10:11 PM
YHR

Well,I may not be selling, but still am around to help. Especially another Albertan. If you are ever in my area look me, and run some of these tanks. I don't want people to think I am abandoning the hobby. I am just taking a break, sales had tapered off so much I just thought it was time.

Since I said I was done a have had 6 requests for systems. Funny how that goes.

if you are not into IR or sound and you have a hobby grade radio you could run everything with a sabre tooth esc. You would then have to switch the turret,and elevation over to servos and just run them through your receiver. However for $20 more you could buy a Clark and get a full package tank control board. So the current most cost effective solution for you might be the Clark TK 22. The factory stick settings are ludicrous, but you can change that and the canned static sounds of the Clark are as good as anybody's.

Dan
Old 07-26-2016, 07:45 AM
jmm6293-123

COOL...Thanks Dan,Im down the road in Med Hat and i was up in the G.P and Fort Nelson area just about every week a year ago,not so muh this year and you can probably guess why..lol,any way FPV tank is the way to go for me,the experience is totally immersive,i had a micro cam set up in the turret of my vs1/24 leo with fat shark goggles and it was like being in a tank again,...i should know i use to be crew man on a grizzly light armored vehicle and have done many runs with hatches down and night vision and infra red cams even did a tour or 2 overseas,,any way THANK YOU for pointing me in the right direction Dan ,TK 22 it is ...is there a canadian distributor or do i have to order state side?
Old 07-26-2016, 01:25 PM
YHR

In no way is the Clark the best board, but it is decent for the money. There is a Can-Am club based into Ontario that puts together group purchased from time to time. A couple of the main members drop in here. IF you started a thread asking for where to buy a Clark in Canada, I am sure one of them would get hold of you. You would also have a built in support group as they have a lot of experience with the Clark units. The Clark unit has a really bizarre factory set up for the sticks so you will need to change the servo cabling between the receiver and the board. First get it working as per their instructions, and then once you confirm everything is working then monkey around swapping channels to get the control more intuitive.

You working in the oil industry, Me too. My whole career. ( I had written about 1000 more words on the stupidly of world politics over oil, but deleted it all, as this is not the place)

Cheers

Dan