Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Mosquito Zapper Tank

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 04:03 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Mosquito Zapper Tank

Hey Erik
When will this be available from Taigen as an upgrade? http://www.popsci.com/robotic-tank-l...ill-mosquitoes
You'd make a killing - or 2?

Mal
Old 09-15-2016, 05:39 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Oh man that would be AWESOME to have for me, I live about 100m from the Gulf and there is nothing but mosquitoes near me! That is still not as cool as what I got asked yesterday though.... someone wanted me to build a robot/tank to track humans and shoot them with a pretty sweet infrared rifle.... Yea no joke. I love special projects like these!
Seriously though, if that is real and comes to the market then count me in. Lasers and tanks = fun.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:50 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

How many human retinas will it burn? And how many pets will it harm?
Old 09-15-2016, 07:34 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

My dog tears up anything with motors The tanks he doesn't mind as much in the house but once outside they are fair game to him. When he hears engine sounds or BLHeli booting he comes running. I would absolutely still get this even if there was a safety factor to figure in. Here in FL with swampland near me and the billions of mosquitoes I actually have to drive a few miles inland just so I don't get eat up when I RC. I actually even got a diversity setup and high power vTX so I can sit inside in the AC and play outside instead of sitting in the hot sun.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:36 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

The lasers on my pistols come with warning labels because laser frequencies can really tear up eyeballs, I doubt, however, that they would have enough power to kill 30-40 mosquitos in a second like this tank can. Then again, those 380 rounds probably would do a good job on a mosquito.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:44 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi
I suspect that if it was that dangerous to humans it wouldn't be allowed to import.
I can think of a couple of down sides to this - having to clean up piles of mosquito ash & it would force the breeding of quiet mosquito's - I'm assuming it would target the high pitched whine they make in flight.

Assuming it works as advertised, I can envisage a couple of upgrades - to handle flies & wasps - we have a wasp problem in the southern beech forests & this would be a welcome cure.

Mal
Old 09-15-2016, 08:26 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

A dead mosquito is a good mosquito...