Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know Rctankcommand.com/Bob Held?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Does anyone know Rctankcommand.com/Bob Held?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 07:19 PM
Srobjets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know Rctankcommand.com/Bob Held?

[h=2]Does anyone know Rctankcommand.com/ Bob Held?[/h]
Looking for some guidance with a situation with this guy. I sent him 2 new Tamiya tanks, radios and cash to do a few builds. This was in April. He's promised me to be done for over 3 months. He's stopped returning my calls and emails. I had the police go to his home and he finally emailed me back, but now he's disappeared again after the police showed up at his home 6 weeks ago. I've seen another person post on his YouTube video stating he's ripped him off.

Has as anyone delt with him or know him? I am trying to avoid pressing charges and really ruining his life.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:06 PM
chinito_03

ive been gone for almost 6 years.. but the website sounds familiar to me.. is this the former RcCommand online tank store?
Old 10-09-2016, 09:53 PM
George Jure

Hello
Yes I have dealings with Bob. Yes he is SLOW to returning emails because of a bad family medical situation, that I will not go into here, private. Took me quite a while to get a reply back from Bob BUT he did follow through to complete our transaction successfully.

Don`t give up, keep trying him on his email.

Good luck
George
Old 10-10-2016, 07:53 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Bob is very slow. He was reliable in my dealings but is very slow. He is on this forum and does post from time to time.
Your two options are to continue to contact him and wait or demand your tanks back.
At this time I intend to have more future dealings with him.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:07 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this is meaningless when you expect something and it doesn't work out as planned, but Bob is one of the cornerstones of this hobby. I can't think of anyone who has done more over the years to promote the hobby, Danville, military history as a whole.

He is generous to a fault and never turns anyone down, which is most likely why he ends up spread so thin. He recently retired from a long career in law enforcement only to take on another position in that arena as well as start his website.

Couple all of that with a few serious health issues within his immediate family that cropped up since retirement, it's a wonder that he does any work at all.

Again, that won't make you feel any better and business is business, you are entitled to what you contracted for, but I just wanted to give you some insight.

I've seen that man spend hours showing passersby how to drive a tank, battle, etc and lend his gear while the club meet that he set up, maintained and fed went on without him even getting a chance to battle.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Perry S.

He ran RCcommand in the past. He took a lot of peoples money and disappeared. Some loyal customers came to the board to argue for him but I do not believe he ever did. Just search on this forum for rccommand. Surprosed he is still taking peoples money.
Police to his house twice and people are still telling you to be patient. Wow.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

My 2 cents worth of tips since you went public.

Visit for New Jersey theft of goods or services laws: http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com...lties-defense#

Perhaps you should just get your models and advance payment back and go elsewhere to get your builds done. BIG TIP for NEXT TIME: Also it works best if the builder buys the kit package, that way you, the consumer, can walk away clean if you to not approve of the end finish results.

I have purchased a few of Bob's modified firing switch Futaba rc radios and gave up trying reach him this year. As to our history, Bob and I got off to a angry, rocky start, as he was taking undeserved shots at me and my modelling. I gave him a what for, for that, but all that is in the distant past. Promotion wise Bob can be kinda full of BS, like claiming he assembled and painted a Tamiya IR Panther G overnight with his daughter. A misleading communications tactic designed to attract new rc tankers to the AAF and his rc tank club; so he explained to me, but that was several years ago.

As to your deadlines, Bob just may have over promised and under delivered on your project deadline (unrealistic deadlines to get your project), but he has a history of doing the right thing and ain't a true dishonest guy.

Concerning build deadlines for commission work, you probably could go to court, but I will tell you, in the commissioned model building world, rc tank builds can take a year or more if the modeler has a day job and insists on doing things correctly. A commissioned, collaboration model project with my favorite Maryland based modeller can run as long as 24 months and has run longer. Most of my Tamiya rc tank kit builds below took at least nine months to complete and setup. Though, the complex custom collaboration models took up to two years working on them. Of course I work on these fun hobby projects off and on. And no I am not looking for more projects, I'm booked through 2017.

Take care and either be patient and understanding or get the kits back and go elsewhere. Importantly keep it all FUN and civil, or why play?

John

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1-tanks.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	2185265   Click image for larger version

Name:	2-Tanks.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	2185266   Click image for larger version

Name:	3-Tanks.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	2185267  

Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 10-10-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:32 AM
Pcomm1.v2

Originally Posted by Perry S.
He ran RCcommand in the past. He took a lot of peoples money and disappeared. Some loyal customers came to the board to argue for him but I do not believe he ever did. Just search on this forum for rccommand. Surprosed he is still taking peoples money.
Police to his house twice and people are still telling you to be patient. Wow.
Still not bringing anything worth while to the table; so, Perry, go shoot your eye out
Old 10-10-2016, 10:11 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Pcomm1.v2
Still not bringing anything worth while to the table; so, Perry, go shoot your eye out
Et tu, Brute?
Old 10-10-2016, 10:41 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Gentlemen, please keep it civil, we've been down this road before. Help Srobjets to the best of our abilities.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:42 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RCcommand was a different outfit and person. Was run by the late Phil Pflueger[h=3][/h]

Last edited by TheBennyB; 10-10-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

RCcommand was a different outfit and person. Was run by the late Phil Pflueger
Phil Phleuger's website was rctankwars.com
Old 10-10-2016, 11:35 AM
Perry S.

Originally Posted by Pcomm1.v2

c'mon Pcomm. You've been so nice lately. Don't fall back to the old guy. :-) Even you admitted you didn't like him. You're V2 now.

Why that response? Just told the guy to search the board for posts by people that sent money just to lose it.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:39 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeff489
Phil Phleuger's website was rctankwars.com
Ah yes, didn't it start out as rccommand? Either way Bob Held wasn't involved with rccommand.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:01 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

No, RCCommand was somebody else entirely.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:49 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Bobs helped me out with returning a couple of mfus for warranty repairs, communications been slow but I'm sure tell work out ok.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:19 PM
Pcomm1.v2

c'mon Pcomm. You've been so nice lately. Don't fall back to the old guy. :-) Even you admitted you didn't like him. You're V2 now.

Why that response? Just told the guy to search the board for posts by people that sent money just to lose it.
Kidding you Perry with old humor, sorry and I like Bob, never a business issue with him.

Most of you RC tank guys are to young to have experienced the exhausting trials of being a home based healthcare giver to a loved one. Almost always it is a difficult grind for all parties involved.

For sure the endless healthcare tasks will exhaust the care giver and will put on hold and or destroy ones modeling time. Just like raising a family and work will put Tamiya rc tank kit model building on the back burner, just no time left in the week.

Work for a resolution that both parties can live with is my best advice. We are talking about expensive toys, and I am told Bob is dealing with serious healthcare family issues.

John
Old 10-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Srobjets

Thanks to all for the help so far. If anyone knows how to contact him, it would help. He will not answer his phone or any of my emails. I just wish he would just reach out to me. I can completely understand delayS caused by family issues. it's just so damn frustrating.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:21 PM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

RCCommand also cloned (without permission) Dave's battle unit and was selling it some years ago.
I had one and didn't work very realiably, even if the sound effects were good (but that was all upon the 3rd party sound board he linked to his board).
Old 10-11-2016, 02:38 AM
ausf

Originally Posted by Srobjets
Thanks to all for the help so far. If anyone knows how to contact him, it would help. He will not answer his phone or any of my emails. I just wish he would just reach out to me. I can completely understand delayS caused by family issues. it's just so damn frustrating.
I fully hear you and get it.

The thing about Bob is he's so into this stuff that he's a black hole of time. If you get on the phone with him, the conversation flies all over the place and next thing you know it's 1AM. He's come to my house to drop something off, brought lunch and was still there 4 hours later, talking tanks, history, travel, etc. Even back before the retirement I never understood how he managed to get anything done.

I sure now, when he starts talking, it's even more of an escape for him.

To his character, after finding out that my lower back issues keep me from sitting in a car too long, he repeatedly offered (some may say hounded) to take me to Danville in his RV, including driving an hour north to get me before the 9 hours south. He pushed me to go to every event for over a year until he gave up. This was after meeting him twice.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:24 AM
Perry S.

Originally Posted by ausf
I fully hear you and get it.

The thing about Bob is he's so into this stuff that he's a black hole of time. If you get on the phone with him, the conversation flies all over the place and next thing you know it's 1AM. He's come to my house to drop something off, brought lunch and was still there 4 hours later, talking tanks, history, travel, etc. Even back before the retirement I never understood how he managed to get anything done.

I sure now, when he starts talking, it's even more of an escape for him.

To his character, after finding out that my lower back issues keep me from sitting in a car too long, he repeatedly offered (some may say hounded) to take me to Danville in his RV, including driving an hour north to get me before the 9 hours south. He pushed me to go to every event for over a year until he gave up. This was after meeting him twice.
Are you talking about Bob the RCcommand guy or Bob the retired cop from NJ that was always arranging and getting people involved with Danville?
I remember the latter talking about epic RV trips down there.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:29 AM
ausf

Are you talking about Bob the RCcommand guy or Bob the retired cop from NJ that was always arranging and getting people involved with Danville?
I remember the latter talking about epic RV trips down there.
I'm talking about Bob Held from NJ, ex-motorcycle cop. He's the only Commander Bob I know and the one this thread is about, according to the title. I don't know any other.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:37 AM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

The RCCommand guy was Bill.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:24 AM
Perry S.

Originally Posted by Ex_Pat_Tanker
The RCCommand guy was Bill.
I am confused then. Bob from NJ was a good guy that helped the community. Bill from RCCommand was the one with all the late delivery problems with all the previous threads on this forum. It seems like they are being both discussed in this thread and confused. I didn't realize that RCCommand is not the same as RCtankcommand. Sorry if I caused this confusion.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:27 AM
H2Ohaze

I am also trying to contact Bob. Over 13 months ago, I gave him a down payment of over $600 for a Tiger 1, and I believe he said he would be working on it by November. The date kept getting pushed back for various reasons (hurting his hand, etc). The last e-mail I had from him was June 3rd, where he said that the metal elevation arms he uses had a bad batch come in.

I realize Bob has some issues to deal with, and I respect that. I'm not going to send trouble his way. OTOH, I have become disillusioned with the hobby (mostly, but not completely due to Bob). Now I just want out. All I want is a refund of my down-payment- I hope this will not take too much of his time.

Bob, if you're reading this, I truly hope things resolve themselves. And I hope you can also understand my position.

Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.