Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know Rctankcommand.com/Bob Held?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Does anyone know Rctankcommand.com/Bob Held?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 02:22 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Perry S.
I am confused then. Bob from NJ was a good guy that helped the community. Bill from RCCommand was the one with all the late delivery problems with all the previous threads on this forum. It seems like they are being both discussed in this thread and confused. I didn't realize that RCCommand is not the same as RCtankcommand. Sorry if I caused this confusion.
Read the first post again.
Bob Held is http://www.rctankcommand.com/tank-radios.html
Old 10-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I've done business with Bob held on several occasions. To say that he's slow is an understatement of truly epic proportion (extra points for anyone that can tell me where I stole that line).

Bob is honest, generous, truly dedicated to the hobby, and I won't ever do business with him again. It's like spitting into the wind. Great guy, though.

I hope he gets it together for both you guys having issues. Please don't let it discourage you on the hobby. Most guys are a joy to do business with. For future reference, it's always a good idea to ask here before spending money with a private individual like Bob. Some guys have better reps than others, and someone here has dealt with just about everyone doing RC Tank business.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:22 PM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pcomm1.v2
Read the first post again.
Bob Held is http://www.rctankcommand.com/tank-radios.html
Yep. I guess I was the only confused one. I just looked at the similarity of the website addresses as I recall the business names better than individual's names.
So thanks for clearing it up for me.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:34 PM
Srobjets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
I've done business with Bob held on several occasions. To say that he's slow is an understatement of truly epic proportion (extra points for anyone that can tell me where I stole that line).

Bob is honest, generous, truly dedicated to the hobby, and I won't ever do business with him again. It's like spitting into the wind. Great guy, though.

I hope he gets it together for both you guys having issues. Please don't let it discourage you on the hobby. Most guys are a joy to do business with. For future reference, it's always a good idea to ask here before spending money with a private individual like Bob. Some guys have better reps than others, and someone here has dealt with just about everyone doing RC Tank business.
Whatever it is called. Over extending oneself, delusional time lines. I seem to be running into more people that he has taken money from and not delivered. This is the third person,including myself that he's done this to. I come from the school of. If you have the time to cash someone's check, then you have the time to answer a call or an email. Him being a cop in the past does not seem to matter now.

I've been dealing with Nate from RCTANKSOFOKS.COM. With other items and it's been great.

Last edited by Srobjets; 10-11-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Yes, Nathan is a great vendor and I've dealt with him many times with zero trouble. Another great vendor is Imex, and we can't say enough good stuff about Erik.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:27 PM
Srobjets

Originally Posted by Crius
Yes, Nathan is a great vendor and I've dealt with him many times with zero trouble. Another great vendor is Imex, and we can't say enough good stuff about Erik.
True.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Srobjets

Just received an email from Bob. I'll let everyone know what's up thanks for all the feed back and info on Bob.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Srobjets

Just got off the phone with Bob. We are all good. He's been going throg some crazy stuff. Like many said, he's a good guy.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Cruiser133

Glad it is working out for you!
Old 10-11-2016, 11:24 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I had a nice email back from Bob yesterday too. Some sad news about Tamiya now not backing their electronics after three months but apparently my MFU has been repaired.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:16 AM
ausf

Originally Posted by Srobjets
Just got off the phone with Bob.
I find that hard to believe. There's no getting off the phone with Bob. Once you pick up that phone, you're on for the duration plus six months.

Glad to hear you've sorted this out.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:02 AM
H2Ohaze

I'm glad that the other posters got action on Bob's part. I still have not heard from him. No e-mail, no call. All I want is a refund on my deposit on a tank that never finished. I suspect I'm the one waiting the longest (early September 2015).

Last edited by H2Ohaze; 10-12-2016 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:11 AM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good morning gentlemen,

I accept full responsibility for my delays in finishing the tank repairs and builds. For that I am very sorry. In early June my wife was hit by a truck while standing behind our Tahoe at Home Depot. Her legs were crushed between the two bumpers and she was pinned against the Tahoe until passers by got him to pull off her. Why he did not see her or the Tahoe, I'll never know. Luckily no bones were broken, Thank God. After brief hospital stay and months of doctors and physical therapy she is doing much better. Her care and rehabilitation became my #1 priority. Family comes first. My free time disappeared and my RC tank work suffered, as did my customers. I have not even been to Danville since the accident. Normally, I am a regular on RCU posting answers about Tamiya tanks several times a week. But I've had no time for RCU since the accident and some have noticed my absence these past few months. I enjoy helping others in the hobby. I am way behind on emails and my communications have been very poor. For that I again apologize profusely. I emailed & called most of my customers but I didn't make a list which I should have. I should be back on track and finished by this time next month. Once again I do apologize. My wife and I thank you for your understanding. Bob
Old 10-12-2016, 01:38 PM
H2Ohaze

That accident sounds horrible. My sympathies to your family.

------

Yes Bob has now e-mailed me, and he has promised to refund the $.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:03 PM
Srobjets

Bob seems to be stand up guy. I was on the phone last night for like 45 minutes. Was great and I am glad his wife's doing better.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:28 PM
manchu9inf

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Bob, I am glad to hear your wife is doing better, your family will be in our prayers!

Last edited by manchu9inf; 10-15-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:38 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you are a one man operation it can get tiring. One of the reasons I backed away for doing any more. Just didn't think I could keep up the service and and I was afraid of starting to disappoint people. Bob has been a great ambassador for this hobby, but as soon as money gets involved, peoples expectations change. Nice to see Bob getting things squared away as I would have been quite shocked to see that there would be any problem with dealing with him.

Cheers

Dan
Old 10-16-2016, 02:59 PM
Panther G

Originally Posted by Perry S.
He ran RCcommand in the past. He took a lot of peoples money and disappeared. Some loyal customers came to the board to argue for him but I do not believe he ever did. Just search on this forum for rccommand. Surprosed he is still taking peoples money.
Police to his house twice and people are still telling you to be patient. Wow.
No that was not Bob Held. RC command has long since gone by the way of mom and pop shops.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:55 AM
LarryE519

Bob,

Sorry to hear about your wife. Its always a life changing experience when a loved one is injured, your focus rightly is on them. All the best for her recovery.

I'm hoping to pick up a few things from you later this year. I'll give tou a buzz in a couple of months.

All the best,

Larry
Old 03-02-2017, 11:06 PM
casor

OK here's my story. At the 2016 WRAM show (now AMA EAST show) in late February of 2016, I met Bob who had a stand there. I gave him my King Tiger for him to set up for tank gaming. A couple weeks later, I sent him $400 as an advance for parts and labor. Then I heard nothing. And nothing. And nothing. After repeated emails, I finally heard back from him in late 2016 and he related the sad story noted above. I told him to do the tank when he can, which was probably a mistake. Early in 2017 I sent a follow up email asking if he would be at the AMA East show this year 2017. Nothing. No response. So, he still has my tank and $400.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:46 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Ditto, I had some brief communication from him after his reply to this thread, however nothing since. What gets me is my mfu has been returned, it's just s trip to the post office!