Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Late to the party?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 03:05 AM
casualTanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Late to the party?

I'm in the early stages of a Tamiya King Tiger, and got quite a bit of inspiration from hdbeast's build. Can't seem to find some of the goodies though, or there's goodies listed for other brands being used on the Tammy. I'm in particular thinking of driver's and radio op's metal hatches - are these Torro hatches? I'd ideally like just the two hatches - don't need the the engine deck hatch that Torro throws in.

I also never came across PE periscopes in the shops, along what hdbeast is using (although I'll probably scratch build them anyway). I know the build thread has been around for a few years - did some of the kits / manufacturers go out of business (Wecohe)?

Cheers,
George
Old 10-11-2016, 05:06 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, Wecohe is not around anymore.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:06 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by casualTanker
I'm in the early stages of a Tamiya King Tiger, and got quite a bit of inspiration from hdbeast's build. Can't seem to find some of the goodies though, or there's goodies listed for other brands being used on the Tammy. I'm in particular thinking of driver's and radio op's metal hatches - are these Torro hatches? I'd ideally like just the two hatches - don't need the the engine deck hatch that Torro throws in.

I also never came across PE periscopes in the shops, along what hdbeast is using (although I'll probably scratch build them anyway). I know the build thread has been around for a few years - did some of the kits / manufacturers go out of business (Wecohe)?

Cheers,
George
Some of his goodies came from me. Look at my sight, just about everything is in stock:

http://www.etoarmour.com

http://www.etoarmour.com/products.php?ViewCategory=9
Old 10-11-2016, 11:26 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBennyB
Not strictly true, rctank.de are carrying some of his lines but it remains to be seen if it's just wecohe in name or not (but the parts look excellent).
Old 10-12-2016, 04:48 AM
TheBennyB

Originally Posted by tomhugill
Not strictly true, rctank.de are carrying some of his lines but it remains to be seen if it's just wecohe in name or not (but the parts look excellent).
Sure those aren't Aeromate?
Old 10-12-2016, 11:21 AM
casualTanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ETO I knew of - great selection, but no longer the driver's/radio op's hatches... I'll go for the Torro set.

rctank.de I've known of too, but didn't look closely at them lately, so tx for the reminder. Had a look and came across a surprise (to me); double pulley. Boggles the mind... May have to think of a way to scratch build the turret boss to put that one to good use
SaveSave
Old 10-12-2016, 04:00 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

WECOHE still supplies 1/10 scale parts on a limited basis...
Old 10-12-2016, 06:46 PM
TheBennyB

Originally Posted by Tanque
WECOHE still supplies 1/10 scale parts on a limited basis...
Thought Uli had some personal and business cases go down that he lost Wecohe? Someone else running the show or just selling what inventory they still have? Be nice if they came back around, always loved their stuff especially the JT/Panther items.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:15 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Thought Uli had some personal and business cases go down that he lost Wecohe? Someone else running the show or just selling what inventory they still have? Be nice if they came back around, always loved their stuff especially the JT/Panther items.

I'll never discuss someones private life but my last email from Uli was a week or so back. The topic was 1/10 scale parts and supplies...
I should qualify my previous statement regarding whether or not WECHOE exists as an entity and let Uli himself speak to that. I should not
want to misstate the facts or misinterpret them. Speaking for myself I have purchased parts from him within the last year and plan to purchase more as
they become available.

Jerry