Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Abrams shooting paintballs FPV

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Abrams shooting paintballs FPV

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 10:00 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up Abrams shooting paintballs FPV

Darn main gun motor was not working sometimes...all fixed now but she shoots like a beauty!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PamesFBgZ30
Old 10-21-2016, 02:32 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang Steve, where have You been?
I have a Vs M1A1 and the T 72, would love some paintball tank action.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:01 PM
shenlonco

Originally Posted by Panther G
Dang Steve, where have You been?
I have a Vs M1A1 and the T 72, would love some paintball tank action.
Hi just started tinkering with some tanks after many years of not running them!

LOL!!! I think airsoft battles are more fun than the IR! ...I am liking the looks of the new HL tanks Abrams Leopard A6 and that new T90 looks awesome! How are they compared to the old FM radio ones?
Old 10-22-2016, 08:17 AM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Light years beyond really. My last tank was the ZTZ-99 right when it released before I bailed and I just picked up the Leopard 2wks ago and a couple of the new digital rx18's for older tanks. Quality on the Leopard is great and it sounds like the Abrams and Challenger are even better. New electronics has added speed, fine control and range to every tank I have tried it in. Turned my PIII into a sports car handling wise. Way too fast, but dang if it isn't a joy to drive. My Panther is just butter smooth now on the controls.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:35 AM
shenlonco

Originally Posted by pcsguy88
Light years beyond really. My last tank was the ZTZ-99 right when it released before I bailed and I just picked up the Leopard 2wks ago and a couple of the new digital rx18's for older tanks. Quality on the Leopard is great and it sounds like the Abrams and Challenger are even better. New electronics has added speed, fine control and range to every tank I have tried it in. Turned my PIII into a sports car handling wise. Way too fast, but dang if it isn't a joy to drive. My Panther is just butter smooth now on the controls.
so the radio is like a true proportional rc radio now? bummer i like the leo 6! but the radio on the abrams looks better and the T90 even better yet! hows the leopard A6 I like that model the abrams is ok also but the leo is my fav! the T90 is awesome but no one has it yet. wonder what the best biult HL tank is now these days what one works best and can take a beating ... I recall my walker bulldogs where tuff back in the day for HL tanks.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:23 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really cant speak too the new HL electronics. My Abrams went straight too YHR for a full upgrade to a Tamiya compatible battle system with the TBS in it also. You want to talk about a fun tank to drive this is it. Thats the Bennedinni sound card Im talking about. True Abrams turbine sound.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:10 PM
shenlonco

Originally Posted by Panther G
I really cant speak too the new HL electronics. My Abrams went straight too YHR for a full upgrade to a Tamiya compatible battle system with the TBS in it also. You want to talk about a fun tank to drive this is it. Thats the Bennedinni sound card Im talking about. True Abrams turbine sound.
Yea the Abrams looks neat! Much better than the older FM radio stuff!
Old 10-22-2016, 02:33 PM
pcsguy88

Originally Posted by shenlonco
so the radio is like a true proportional rc radio now? bummer i like the leo 6! but the radio on the abrams looks better and the T90 even better yet! hows the leopard A6 I like that model the abrams is ok also but the leo is my fav! the T90 is awesome but no one has it yet. wonder what the best biult HL tank is now these days what one works best and can take a beating ... I recall my walker bulldogs where tuff back in the day for HL tanks.
So I did a lot of confirming with sellers before buying my Leopard and even though the pictures show the older 2.4, they seem to all be shipping with the newest pre T-90 units (smoke & volume on controller). Just take the time to confirm before paying. I'm guessing old stock might still have the old electronics, so worth while to check.

Since the Leopard has the latest and greatest, do you guys think all future production runs will move to the T-90 box?
Old 10-22-2016, 02:37 PM
pcsguy88

And yes, turret rotation and driving is proportional, which is why the controls seem much more accurate. Pretty cool to finely adjust the turret instead of how they jumped around before. They seem to spin a tad faster now too.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:56 PM
shenlonco

And yes, turret rotation and driving is proportional, which is why the controls seem much more accurate. Pretty cool to finely adjust the turret instead of how they jumped around before. They seem to spin a tad faster now too.
what's the best spot to get a leo in the USA?
what shop did you get yours from?
Thanks
Old 10-22-2016, 03:12 PM
pcsguy88

I bought mine from TPA store on Amazon. Good price, fast shipping and they actually had plastic gears to lower the price even more since most of us upgrade those first. I figured the added security of Amazon couldn't hurt and the stock is in California. They also sell the newer controllers and 2.4 RX18's in sets for just over $60 shipped.

Last edited by pcsguy88; 10-22-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:09 PM
shenlonco

I bought mine from TPA store on Amazon. Good price, fast shipping and they actually had plastic gears to lower the price even more since most of us upgrade those first. I figured the added security of Amazon couldn't hurt and the stock is in California. They also sell the newer controllers and 2.4 RX18's in sets for just over $60 shipped.
Cool thanks!
Old 10-22-2016, 04:29 PM
shenlonco

man the leopard at TPA store is 169.00 + 33.00 shipping ...cheaper on E-bay?