Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng long tanks

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 05:19 AM
tiger rampage

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Heng long tanks

I was browsing on the "bay" and came across these https://www.ebay.com/itm/201695466728 seems to good to be true but the seller has al lot of feedback so I took the plunge on a T-34. Also on some of these seem to have the newest transmitters that are coming with the new T-90.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:06 AM
RCfans2016

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is an amazing deal!!!
Old 11-04-2016, 06:52 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Man that is a great deal! and i just purchased the leoA6 for way more and it had the older radio they have it for $109.00 with the latest one!
Originally Posted by tiger rampage
I was browsing on the "bay" and came across these https://www.ebay.com/itm/201695466728 seems to good to be true but the seller has al lot of feedback so I took the plunge on a T-34. Also on some of these seem to have the newest transmitters that are coming with the new T-90.

Last edited by shenlonco; 11-04-2016 at 07:13 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:03 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It isn't that crazy, if you price them wholesale from the source, they generally run around $25-35.
Problem is you need to get a container of them to make it worthwhile and if you're sitting on that many tanks, you could get stuck.

Thing with the old HL at least, vendors found the return rates too high to keep prices very low. If you're going to eat one out of four and be on the hook for shipping back and forth, as well as answer so many questions from dissatisfied customers, the great markup doesn't pan out.

I think the T1 with metal tracks was $32 wholesale when I was last offered them.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:15 PM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shenlonco
Man that is a great deal! and i just purchased the leoA6 for way more and it had the older radio they have it for $109.00 with the latest one!
Makes me a bit sick to my stomach.

I'll jump on their Abrams if the electronics are new.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:49 AM
shenlonco

yep new leo and i just got the old radio version! Checked already abrams old radio like in photo is what you get they told me!
Hows the sherman any good?
Originally Posted by pcsguy88
Makes me a bit sick to my stomach.

I'll jump on their Abrams if the electronics are new.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:32 AM
tiger rampage

It looks like only the Leo, the Sherman and the Tiger 1 come with the newest transmitter. The rest come with the last version transmitter. I just bought a Sherman last month for a lot more and it came with the older remote.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:35 AM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brain is actually trying to justify buying a Leo to steal the guts for mine. Honestly, by the time you bought the mbu, transmitter, new wiring and elevation unit, you'be be at $100 easily.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:29 AM
shenlonco

same here but I don't want two the same tanks and it's probably not that much better.... and will the new 2.4 esc box just go right in our older tank or is all the plugs not there...don't gun go up and down now will out guns plug work in the new unit or is it different now?
I may get a sherman you know if that thanks a good one without any bad problems...my tamiya sherman was tough as nails!

Originally Posted by tiger rampage
It looks like only the Leo, the Sherman and the Tiger 1 come with the newest transmitter. The rest come with the last version transmitter. I just bought a Sherman last month for a lot more and it came with the older remote.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:05 AM
ausf

You guys should pool together and see what shipping would be like for a small order. I think boxes of four were the order minimum.

Contact them and ask for samples. They'll send them, you just need to cover shipping. At least that's what they kept after me for while.

If IIRC, email was [email protected]

I'm using a new computer and don't have the old contacts. I believe there were a few places in Guangdong. They had a pile of tanks and parts, but all in pics, no stock numbers. Payment would be bank transfer or Western Union, bit that was years ago, maybe PayPal is used now.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:51 AM
Sky_HawK

Wow, that's almost worth it to steal all the new electronics out and use them in all my current tanks!

I'm skeptical though, the Sherman shows still having a smoker switch on the bottom...It shouldn't if the switch is now on the transmitter.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Sky_HawK

I just bought the upgraded Tiger 1, my wife is gonna kill me! Hopefully it's legit with the new radio system!
Old 11-10-2016, 02:58 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

So has anyone gotten any tanks from here yet? I ordered the Abrams today, so I'll let y'all know when it gets here. It says estimated delivery is Nov 15 thru Nov 22.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:04 PM
phordman

I have what I belive to be a newer Sherman, its got the cut out on the bottom for the smoker switch, but its a blank. on off is on the remote

I modified the stock remote and moved the cannon button to the top right. I have the chepo IR setup that's not available any more and battle at the LA tank and san diego events, and its been pretty much flawless. only issue is occasionally the road wheel pin stars to work its way out but just carry a screw driver in your pocked and check in between battles. well that and the IR can pick up random hits, way more than the better actual full replacment systems.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:06 PM
tiger rampage

Ordered my T34/85 last Friday tracking says it should be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully 😌
Old 11-10-2016, 04:58 PM
Crius

It seems that skyhawk ordered a Tiger from them and he already has it in his hot little hands with no trouble. My Abrams should be here between the 15th and the 22nd of this month. Can't wait, and thanks a bunch to tiger rampage for posting this link (but my wallet ain't real happy wit' ya, Bro I keep tellin' him it's a great deal but he really hates to let go of even a penny). I'll probably buy a couple more before I'm through, wallet be damned. An M26 for $79.99? I already have one, but he might like having a twin brother.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:07 PM
Sky_HawK

Originally Posted by Crius
It seems that skyhawk ordered a Tiger from them and he already has it in his hot little hands with no trouble. My Abrams should be here between the 15th and the 22nd of this month. Can't wait, and thanks a bunch to tiger rampage for posting this link (but my wallet ain't real happy wit' ya, Bro I keep tellin' him it's a great deal but he really hates to let go of even a penny). I'll probably buy a couple more before I'm through, wallet be damned. An M26 for $79.99? I already have one, but he might like having a twin brother.
Shipping only took 3 days to get it to me here in Idaho. Completely happy, I'm tempted to order more but.....restraint......The prices are just too good!
Old 11-10-2016, 05:37 PM
tiger rampage

Originally Posted by Crius
No problem Crius, I have been watching for awhile for a good deal on a used T-34 and these were listed for such good prices I had to jump on it and I thought others would be interested too!!
Old 11-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Crius

I really like Jeff's idea of making a bulk order. I was thinking we could pick an event, like maybe the RC show in Toledo, and have all the tanks shipped to one guy and we meet there to pick them up. Maybe at a Danville event? Even if I didn't go there myself there are enough good guys near me that go there regularly so it would be easy to have them pick mine up and maybe meet them on their way home or somethin. It would take the right group and all the stars would have to align, but I'd be willing to investigate further, anybody else? I know I have a good rep here and I have yet to get burned by a single guy I've met here, so I think this has possibilities. If I could get Tigers and T-34s for say, 40 bucks each, I'd be good for at least five all by myself. It's the shipping cost that has me worried. So who's game? Excuse me for the hijack, Tiger R.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:01 PM
Sky_HawK

I've found vendors that will sell in quantities of 4, but I'm not sure what shipping would be. My gut tells me it would probably be about $80-100 a tank + the tank cost, just comparing the size and weight to boxes we have shipped from overseas to our company.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:09 PM
tiger rampage

I received my T-34 today in good working order. The seller also send my his website information and checking around on it the prices are a little cheaper than on the "bay" . Here's the link if anyone is interested http://www.costway.com/toys-games/to...-toys.html?p=3
Old 11-12-2016, 05:34 AM
ausf

A Tamiya Full Option (a suitcase sized box) generally costs about $90-100 to the US from Japan.That's EMS in 2 days. It's worth it since the cost of the kit is lower (depending on USD strength) and you get the Futaba Attack Tx/Rx included free.

That's certainly not worth it on a $30 HL tank. What I was suggesting was if you got a group together to buy something like 20 units, see if they'd ship via surface but not in a container. I'd be a slow moving ship and may take 3-4 weeks or more, but would be considerably cheaper, especially if the destination was on one of the coasts.

If you notice (at least it was when I shopped HL), most online US sellers of HL ship from one port city in CA. I've ordered from online shops located in different states, but the FOB origin was always the same and when I returned the bad ones, they went back there.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:50 AM
Crius

Originally Posted by ausf
A Tamiya Full Option (a suitcase sized box) generally costs about $90-100 to the US from Japan.That's EMS in 2 days. It's worth it since the cost of the kit is lower (depending on USD strength) and you get the Futaba Attack Tx/Rx included free.

That's certainly not worth it on a $30 HL tank. What I was suggesting was if you got a group together to buy something like 20 units, see if they'd ship via surface but not in a container. I'd be a slow moving ship and may take 3-4 weeks or more, but would be considerably cheaper, especially if the destination was on one of the coasts.

If you notice (at least it was when I shopped HL), most online US sellers of HL ship from one port city in CA. I've ordered from online shops located in different states, but the FOB origin was always the same and when I returned the bad ones, they went back there.
What we need is an experienced member to lead the charge. Then maybe a lot of us could score multiple tanks for a very good price. Hint, hint.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:12 AM
ausf

Not me.

I used to import modeling supplies (MIG, Voyager, Lion Roar, Bison, Echelon, Armorscale) and would deal with kits on a limited basis for special customers. The detail stuff was a breeze, shipped air since it was small, cleared customs without a hitch, was easily broken down and resold.

Kits were always a nightmare and they are a lot lighter than a RC tank. They required large boxes for reshipping, packing materials, etc. Plus kits don't fail, so there was zero chance of returns. I only did it as a reward to loyal customers and never made anything off of it. It was along the lines of 9 people wanted the new Tristar or DML release, I could get it for a third of the street price and Bob's your uncle.

I gave you the idea, I gave you the contact, email them. They might ship you 4 tanks via surface, who knows. I remember them offering me 4 free sample if I paid air freight. Tell them you want to be a vendor and would like to see samples of the new HLs. Don't come off as knowing anything about the product, ask their terms. They are usually very willing to answer. Years ago you needed to prove EIN numbers and bank stuff to qualify for wholesale, but in the new world economy, most overseas companies could care less. They don't care if you're a brick and mortar HS or set up a table at flea markets, they just want to move product. Having the boxes in their warehouse doesn't help them.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:20 AM
Crius

Originally Posted by Sky_HawK
Shipping only took 3 days to get it to me here in Idaho. Completely happy, I'm tempted to order more but.....restraint......The prices are just too good!
It seems you did well with three day shipping. Mine will take 8 days to Detroit, according to UPS tracking. It should be here next Friday. Mine is coming from Ontario, so where did yours come from? On ebay it says they have multiple shipping points.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.