Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tarr mk3 smoke unit

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 05:47 AM
Brandon.c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tarr mk3 smoke unit

Hello. I recently went with the mk3 tarr smoke unit and it produces so much more smoke! Does anyone know what size the tubing is from the unit as I need some more.
also is there a way to have the unit smoke instantly On engine start up? I know the element or something has to warm up but is there a way?
Old 11-30-2016, 11:15 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the I.D. is 5/32
I use elmod units and they are programmable to smoke different amounts on engine start, as well as cruise and idle. Using stock electronics you will be limited to what the electronic units are pre programmed to do.
http://armorcreations.weebly.com/
Scroll down to the bottom with the video of the Panzer IV. It shows the smoke unit programmed for small amounts of smoke at idle while it smokes more during acceleration. This can be changed to your liking. As I state in the video, gasoline engines will not smoke a lot unless there is a problem with them. Diesel is a different story and will smoke more normally. My KV2 was made to produce much more smoke.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:25 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't think you'll be able to get instant smoke on start up since like you said the element has to heat up a bit before you get smoke. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be to have the smoker element independently powered on a pico switch using a free channel on your tx. You could then "pre-warm" the element before you get the motor sound and fan going.

https://www.dimensionengineering.com...cts/picoswitch
Old 11-30-2016, 12:19 PM
Brandon.c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Thank you guys and thanks for the links!
Just to briefly change the note. Just adjusted the smoker to a different position when a wire came off and no Idea where it goes. The red wire at the bottom.