Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Racing tank anyone?

Old 12-23-2016, 04:38 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Racing tank anyone?

This fellow gets some unusual items. Often lists them for an eye popping price but interesting.
A side note, when I was helping a Japanese friend bring items into the US in the early 1980s this
same racing tank kit was one of those items. At the time it wasn't of interest to me and I sold the only example I had to a friend in my office. As far as I know he still has it and never built it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MITSUBOSHI-M...YAAOSwr0ZXOCUb

This same seller has a 1/12 Tiger I model that is another example of a model I had in hand although the one I saw had better tracks as I recall and substantial plastic parts; wasn't all aluminum.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Rare...IAAOSwiONYLAUR

I post this stuff so all me see how far the hobby has come.

Jerry
Old 12-23-2016, 06:32 PM
Onondaga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have their Jagdpanther in kit form. The rubber belts used in the gearbox would be difficult to replace I assume. Akin to the Sankyo King Tiger is accuracy, but still an impressive shelf queen.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:30 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Onondaga
I have their Jagdpanther in kit form. The rubber belts used in the gearbox would be difficult to replace I assume. Akin to the Sankyo King Tiger is accuracy, but still an impressive shelf queen.
The gearbox aside( as it's excellent) nothing in the 1/12 scale is as awful as a Sankyo King Tiger. It remains in a class by itself.

Jerry
Old 12-24-2016, 07:13 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I really like the Type 74 (and the 61) but I have never seen such a kit before! With 540 motors it must be rather large in size.

Jeff