Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New Taigen PIV F2 Metal Edition Tank!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New Taigen PIV F2 Metal Edition Tank!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 08:57 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Default New Taigen PIV Ausf G Metal Edition Tank!

Hey Tankers!
Ok so sorry about the late posting, we had a power outage here at work and I couldn't login from home Anyways, I just wanted to give you guys a sneak peak at the newest addition to the Taigen family.... a Panzer IV F2 metal edition tank This PIV will use our newest stamped lower hull design and will feature a metal turret as well as a new upper hull with working metal hatches! The PIV paint scheme is not final, but I sure do love the whitewash scheme!

I'll get more pictures and info soon, I just wanted to give you guys an update! Enjoy tankers!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4442.JPG
Views:	1689
Size:	4.23 MB
ID:	2195400   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4443.JPG
Views:	1189
Size:	3.77 MB
ID:	2195401   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4 winter metal.jpg
Views:	1261
Size:	640.4 KB
ID:	2195402  

Last edited by Imex-Erik; 01-03-2017 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:02 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I absolutely love sayin', "I told ya so".
Old 01-03-2017, 09:08 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius

You totally did!!
Old 01-03-2017, 09:12 AM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gary guessed it. Well done!

That's not an F2. That's a solid G. The F2 (later redesignated as the G) had a bulbous muzzle brake and had turret pistol ports. There were other differences, but those were the most obvious. The Taigen plastic F2 is an F2.

That said, this looks like a great release. The details look much better than the F2 and the lower hull looks a lot better than the Asiatam cast metal hull. A few details I can't see...looks like the brake air vent (cylinder on the portside) is still too small and I can see what the tread pattern for the track guards is...should be a single diamond pattern running lengthwise down the guards. I like the antenna and the antenna sweep. Head lights look great; molded tools not so much. Spare road wheel box is nice; I could have used it on my build. Overall, though, it looks like a convincing release with good options for detailing later.

Not a white-wash fan myself. Could do a Normandy paint job. Or, better yet, have some available that haven't been painted.

Of course, you would announce this just as I'm closing in on the finish line on my DAK PzIV G.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Strato50

Heh Phil, yea after so many of us carve a G from HL stock...

Erik it really looks great to me. Hoping for all the technical info you can throw at us, bearings, idler adjustment, the usual Turret and barrel look spot on.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:28 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Crius
Cheater I call lucky guess on that one! The next one you guys will have no clue on lol. Tooling is already started on it too....
Originally Posted by philipat
Gary guessed it. Well done!

That's not an F2. That's a solid G. The F2 (later redesignated as the G) had a bulbous muzzle brake and had turret pistol ports. There were other differences, but those were the most obvious. The Taigen plastic F2 is an F2.

That said, this looks like a great release. The details look much better than the F2 and the lower hull looks a lot better than the Asiatam cast metal hull. A few details I can't see...looks like the brake air vent (cylinder on the portside) is still too small and I can see what the tread pattern for the track guards is...should be a single diamond pattern running lengthwise down the guards. I like the antenna and the antenna sweep. Head lights look great; molded tools not so much. Spare road wheel box is nice; I could have used it on my build. Overall, though, it looks like a convincing release with good options for detailing later.

Not a white-wash fan myself. Could do a Normandy paint job. Or, better yet, have some available that haven't been painted.

Of course, you would announce this just as I'm closing in on the finish line on my DAK PzIV G.
Yea the tank will be the Panzer IV Ausf G, that is a great catch btw I should of caught that myself in the post lol. Also the paint is not final yet, though winter editions are very highly sought after surprisingly. We are open to other PIV camo suggestions if you have them, I'm always open for suggestions!
Originally Posted by Strato50
Heh Phil, yea after so many of us carve a G from HL stock...

Erik it really looks great to me. Hoping for all the technical info you can throw at us, bearings, idler adjustment, the usual Turret and barrel look spot on.
It will use some of the components we already make so count on idler bearings at minimum, more details will come when I do a tear down in the coming weeks.

I'm glad you guys like, the PIV was due for a refresh and a metal edition is exactly what we needed! Once again if you guys like a certain paint scheme I'm open for suggestions, you guys did pick the Tiger 1 mid version scheme after all.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:15 AM
Dusty Steppes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dunkelgelb for a paint scheme. This would allow users to apply their own camouflage.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:16 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Oh Erik Why now ?
I have just finished fighting against the many and varied problems to be found in the ASIATAM Metal Hull,
If I had only known that this beauty was on its way I would have waited,
Apart from the Moulded on tools which like Phill I have little time for, this looks like the PZ4 that I have been looking for,
Shaun.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Congrats Erik on the new tank! Certainly looks great and an affordable PIV that doesn't need to be built BUT... not to sound like a downer, a hater or making negative waves, when can we expect something that hasn't been made prior by other manufacturers?

I mean, I like it. I don't have a PIV (and want a really good platform for "other" SP guns using this chassis) but how about something new, different... yada, yada, yada. (I know... tough crowd)

Jeff
Old 01-03-2017, 01:57 PM
vonTirpitz

Absolutely love it. If it has the IR option and a 360 rotating turret it is definitely on my buy list! Any chance side and turret armor skirts might be provided in an optional accessory pack?
Old 01-03-2017, 03:06 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Dusty Steppes
Dunkelgelb for a paint scheme. This would allow users to apply their own camouflage.
Pictures, pictures, and more pictures please I know it is just a plain color but still, please post what you like to see. We have a professional painter here that does the initial paint job and he needs as much info as possible. Anything helps!

Originally Posted by jarndice
Oh Erik Why now ?
I have just finished fighting against the many and varied problems to be found in the ASIATAM Metal Hull,
If I had only known that this beauty was on its way I would have waited,
Apart from the Moulded on tools which like Phill I have little time for, this looks like the PZ4 that I have been looking for,
Shaun.
Because I knew you were almost done J/K my friend, the PIV was VERY due for a refresh (as are select others hint hint) and with all new molds we can update a few things at the same time. Lots of changes this year, I told you guys last year big things would happen. This is just the start....
Originally Posted by Panther F
Congrats Erik on the new tank! Certainly looks great and an affordable PIV that doesn't need to be built BUT... not to sound like a downer, a hater or making negative waves, when can we expect something that hasn't been made prior by other manufacturers?

I mean, I like it. I don't have a PIV (and want a really good platform for "other" SP guns using this chassis) but how about something new, different... yada, yada, yada. (I know... tough crowd)

Jeff
Hard to say as I'm not supposed to leak things until they start production... Refreshes are nice and a few are due, however new models will come soon. Probably around summer I'll be able to explain what's up
Originally Posted by vonTirpitz
Absolutely love it. If it has the IR option and a 360 rotating turret it is definitely on my buy list! Any chance side and turret armor skirts might be provided in an optional accessory pack?
Of course it will be available in airsoft or infrared! Also, 360 will be no biggie either. Not sure if it will come equipped yet with it or with what type of gearboxes, but I'll get those details and release them when I can.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:56 PM
Strato50

Erik, the mob hasn't lit their torches and the town square isn't full of angry modeler's out to get you... I think you may have a good release here, bwahahah

I can understand why the Panzer IV wasn't everyone's top priority. Of all the tanks in production, even the Sherman's suspension is more intricate. It isn't a design that benefits from a beefed up suspension and hull as much as a Pershing would. That being said having zero flex and a bit more weight on wheel will do the P4 good, it's an excellent runner even when overweight with all of that ground contact.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:02 AM
CaptainB

Hmm........sorry to be a killjoy but am I right in thinking that the sprocket height and rear bogey wheel position are still not correct? - hard to tell from the pictures.

cheers

CaptB
Old 01-04-2017, 04:40 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainB
Hmm........sorry to be a killjoy but am I right in thinking that the sprocket height and rear bogey wheel position are still not correct? - hard to tell from the pictures.

cheers

CaptB

I think your right there, also the sprocket height is still not right. Seems a shame to go to the trouble of retooling this, making a new hull and not fixing the glaring errors henglong made and keep the mounded on tools!
Old 01-04-2017, 05:11 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainB

cheers

CaptB
Yep, you are completelly right. And if Taigen did not fix that I can imagine it keeps the same horrible suspension and spliting wheels... I cant understand why do they keep the same mistakes again and again...
Old 01-04-2017, 06:34 AM
Imex-Erik

I'll check and see about the sprockets and idlers. The suspension, road wheels, and tracks though are not 100% final atm. I personally like Ostketten tracks but that is just me. The idler and drive wheel may not have been moved due clearance issues and remember most tankers are RTR these days, so molded tools aren't too terrible. If you check closely and look for the color variance on the upper hull you can a good bit of them are actually accessories.
The suspension has actually been pretty good for us tbh, if there was something to change about it what would you? The P4 metal components we sell now I rarely hear anything bad about but of course the more you input you give the better.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:43 AM
Imex-Erik

Oh 360 turret is a go for sure, not 100% on the gearboxes yet. Would you guys rather still have a 3:1 or a 4:1 in this guy? I would think 3:1 myself, with bearings it should perform pretty well actually... Opinions?
Old 01-04-2017, 08:30 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Erik, should be clearance issues, I've owned a corrected version of the tank and no mods to the upper hull were needed for the running gear changes
Old 01-04-2017, 01:01 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Originally Posted by tomhugill
Hi Erik, should be clearance issues, I've owned a corrected version of the tank and no mods to the upper hull were needed for the running gear changes

I had to modify the front mudguards in the upper hull. That was all.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Erik, about the suspension, it works ok at home, but when running on grass some people has problems, specially when running backwards. Most people mods it, there are some tutorials in the forums. If I find them I will post the link here.

EDIT: https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/foru...p?f=38&t=12864

Last edited by Rad_Schuhart; 01-04-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:06 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Rad_Schuhart
Erik, about the suspension, it works ok at home, but when running on grass some people has problems, specially when running backwards. Most people mods it, there are some tutorials in the forums. If I find them I will post the link here.

That my friend was quite the good read. That is exactly the kind of info I need Ty for that. I'll see what I can do!
Old 01-04-2017, 09:12 PM
strmnd54

Originally Posted by Rad_Schuhart

Hi Erik... I'm the one who proposed the modifications on the above link...Besides preventing the main leaf from skipping of the rear wheel post; it adds more flex to the suspension....https://youtu.be/y4rdCexGaCQ
Old 01-05-2017, 02:54 AM
ROLLIN ARMOUR

i noticed that too about the sprockets. Otherwise nice tank. how about a different tank German commander . I'm tried of this German tank commander.
Stick one of those Torro figures you sell in that tank. Just make him half figure.

Last edited by ROLLIN ARMOUR; 01-05-2017 at 02:58 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Cheater I call lucky guess on that one! The next one you guys will have no clue on lol. Tooling is already started on it too....

Fingers crossed it's an Easy 8
Old 01-05-2017, 02:52 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebellion13
Fingers crossed it's an Easy 8
No such luck. I'd tell you guys what it is, but nobody believed me this time, now did they? Lucky guess, my eye.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.