Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New Taigen PIV F2 Metal Edition Tank!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New Taigen PIV F2 Metal Edition Tank!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 06:19 PM
LukeZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
The upper, turret, and lower will be available separately of course unpainted.
This is good news. You've done this with the last several releases (Sherman & Panthers) but I wasn't sure if it was going to be the new normal or if those were just anomalies. I'm glad to hear it's the plan for future releases as well. The option for plastic turrets would also be great (as with the Tiger 1) but I know that's not going to happen so I won't mention it!
Old 02-23-2017, 03:34 AM
VonRundstedt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It just goes to show how bad the HL Panzer IV was when they can fix so many of the glaring faults for this new one but still miss a few of the most obvious ones. I haven't seen it mentioned yet but it also looks as though they have not angled the rear deck to go with the height of the sprocket and rear return roller. I will say the turret looks great though with the mantlet and bin issues fixed and they have even angled the exhaust pipe. I applaud them for giving the PzIV a much needed make over but it seems a shame they didn't go just that little bit further...
Old 02-23-2017, 11:04 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey guys,
Please remember this is a sample as I've said a few times before There is still time to fix some issues, though I will not promise it. I have brought this up though, I appreciate the feedback! I also wanted to apologize for not getting more pictures up of the new Taigen system, I have been slammed this week and with it raining pretty bad here over the last few days I can't even go play with my own tanks Tomorrow is supposed to be nice and clear though!!
Old 02-23-2017, 11:09 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by LukeZ
This is good news. You've done this with the last several releases (Sherman & Panthers) but I wasn't sure if it was going to be the new normal or if those were just anomalies. I'm glad to hear it's the plan for future releases as well. The option for plastic turrets would also be great (as with the Tiger 1) but I know that's not going to happen so I won't mention it!
Yes, I am planning this from now on. I love the kits myself but it requires a TON of work to get a real good manual. Doing it this way allows me to put up more "kits" without doing manuals. I actually like this way to do the kits and they seem to be more popular than the build it from scratch kits. Plastic vs Metal is always going to be a fine battle to pick, I think that battle will go on forever
Old 02-23-2017, 07:10 PM
LukeZ

I agree with you, no need to do the full-blown kit treatment every time (although I think Tiger kit is great). But the guys buying the unpainted parts separate all already know what they're doing. The only thing that might be nice is to have the unpainted turrets/hulls come without the tools and other little bits pre-glued. Unpainted means you're going to have to paint, which means those things are going to have to come off, which means it doesn't make sense to glue them on in the first place. It's annoying to have to unglue them, plus inevitably in the process something breaks...

But still just having the parts available separately is great so I'm glad about that.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:33 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by LukeZ
I agree with you, no need to do the full-blown kit treatment every time (although I think Tiger kit is great). But the guys buying the unpainted parts separate all already know what they're doing. The only thing that might be nice is to have the unpainted turrets/hulls come without the tools and other little bits pre-glued. Unpainted means you're going to have to paint, which means those things are going to have to come off, which means it doesn't make sense to glue them on in the first place. It's annoying to have to unglue them, plus inevitably in the process something breaks...

But still just having the parts available separately is great so I'm glad about that.
I absolutely agree here and it is on my list when I visit to bring up. I would love to have two of each part, one painted and one unpainted, but that just isn't viable at this time. For the painted ones I would like to leave them there but unpainted I would think it would be better to include them on the sprues on the unpainted but I will have to see when I get there. More and more people are getting in the RTR rage these days, it is hard to cater to both crowds at once but I am listening.

Also!! Due to the input from you guys and some references PM'd to me I have passed the info along to the factory and they will fix the rear return roller and drop it down a bit. I'm still working on the rest, trying to see what can be changed without delaying the release. As always I appreciate the feedback! The more you guys give me the more I can present. I've forgot my Snowball mic today but I'm working on getting some info on the Taigen board up. I've got to make a wiring diagram so people will know how to connect their own radios and the functions of each. The stock board will accept the first generation transmitters as well as the new ones and the functions are pretty similar. Some of you may have already got the 2nd generation transmitter molds but the guts have not been upgraded yet. The way to tell is to look on the top right of the TX and check for a small flat to the right of the right toggle switch. This is where the new MG button will be. Since this one also accepts PWM signals you can also configure it to drive on the left or right stick as well. I'll make sure to cover that when making the info too.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:10 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

I do believe that's called going the extra mile, Nice one sir I am very impressed.
Shaun.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:18 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by jarndice
I do believe that's called going the extra mile, Nice one sir I am very impressed.
Shaun.
Anything for you guys! You have made my job a lot more enjoyable and anything I can do to contribute back I'll sure do my best!
Old 02-24-2017, 05:07 PM
LukeZ

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
I'm still working on the rest, trying to see what can be changed without delaying the release. As always I appreciate the feedback! The more you guys give me the more I can present.
Perhaps with future releases Taigen could involve the community earlier on so that feedback would have time to be incorporated. It seems like prototypes of the Pz IV were already being evaluated six months or more ago, maybe earlier, I don't know. I raised the issue of these inaccuracies in October but nothing came of it, however if the wider community had seen preview photos then and reacted as they did here, it might have been early enough for changes to be made.

Maybe that's not possible for business reasons which I understand... but just a thought.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:27 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool beans! Thanks, Erik, for getting the return rollers lowered.