Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Anyone here play world of tanks?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Anyone here play world of tanks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 06:25 AM
rescue119

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here play world of tanks?

I haven't played in awhile but it is a great tank game if you haven't played. And it's free for the most part. My favorite tanks are the US med. Patton, kv 1 and the is3 (which I would love to have an rc off someday)
Old 01-24-2017, 07:47 AM
phordman

I play world of tanks blitz on my phone, its a blast to play.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:38 AM
Cruiser133

I play, look me up sometime. Cruiser133 is my handle there as well.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:08 AM
Ad Lav

Yep I play it too, good game.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:27 AM
phordman

cant find a cruiser133, search 4 me phordman1
Old 01-24-2017, 05:29 PM
ChuckATruck

I play blitz
Old 01-24-2017, 07:54 PM
EasterBunny

I've been playing on the N/A servers since the beta came out. You'll find me as EasterBunny.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:22 AM
rescue119

My NA server name is R3SCUE

my EU is Rescue119 (still trying to get access to it) I think this was my beta account with all my tier x tanks
Old 01-25-2017, 12:18 PM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will find many here that play obviously. I play with my wife. Been playing for a couple years now. Use to be in a good clan but real life took over. WN8 at about 1400 now
me - green_horn
wife - tier_2_justice
Old 01-25-2017, 04:25 PM
Panther G

I play armored warfare. much better game in my own opinion but everyone has their preferences.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:52 AM
maillemaker

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I tried it, but could never get the hang of it. Seemed like you could never have a stand-up fight and win. I'd shoot at them, nothing happens. They shoot me, my tank blows to pieces. And since you are constantly getting thrown into another random situation, I found it impossible to learn what I was doing wrong last time so as not to make the same mistake the next time. I even spent real money buying gold to buy the special ammunition.

That and the GD artillery. You finally get into a position where you might have some good one-on-one and then some idiot with god's eye view blows you into next week.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:53 AM
Jarlath

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I love WoT. Actually got me into RC Tanking, go figure...

I play on the PC, look up Jarlath_Drake, NA server.
Something like 170 tanks currently owned... Only 1 T10
I'm grinding everything...

Favourite tanks is the King of Derps, the KV-2...
Old 02-01-2017, 10:06 AM
phordman

I also got into RC tanks through wotb.

I love the stugIII prob my fav. I spent 20.00 to get a few more parking spaces. Ill agree it is very difficult to learn, and having a good platoon mate helps out a ton.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:55 PM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I play on PS4. Wanna join a platoon?
Old 02-02-2017, 05:25 AM
rescue119

Ya i shoild have said i play pc only not xbox or ps.

Yes the kv 2 is derp derp. I am almost done of it. I love the s51 arty.

I had to start over so i run a m4, kv2, kv-85 and the moment. I like the us med and russian tanks. Only playing on the NA servers as R3SCUE
Old 02-02-2017, 08:23 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

I tried several times and I dont like it. Way too arcade for me.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Jarlath

Originally Posted by Rad_Schuhart
I tried several times and I dont like it. Way too arcade for me.
No worse than Armored Warfare which does have a more realistic mode, but is (IMHO) no where near as good as WoT.

Now if you had a 2-3 person tank version.. (aka Commander/main gunner/ loader and a driver/radio operator/bow gunner) and you only controlled solely your position... That would be an interesting online version.
You hear each other over the "intercom", a huge hellish bang/noise and one or the other player is no longer able to communicate due to being incapacitated...
Main gunner yelling to move the tank someplace to get on target/into cover with no response, or the driver doing his best to manouever around the battlefield not realizing his offensive capabilities are gone due to the ringing in his ears from that last hit...
Old 02-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Perry S.

I tried several times and I don't like it. Way too arcade for me.
I like the arcade aspect to an extent. Keeps it moving along. Different strokes for different folks. I have seem some realistic tank simulators and they we too boring for me.

The game takes on a completely different tone when you play competitively or in a clan. Strategies for 15 person teams all communicating in platoons can be fun and water down the arcade effect considerably.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Jarlath

It's a pretty simple pattern for WoT.

Solo play - fun 3-15 miuntes of play however you want (Yolo, Snipe, Tactical), just don't expect your teammates to have the same idea...
Platoon play (2-3) - Fun with less on the Yolo aspect and some more co-ordination. Better chances of team having the same idea as you... 2-3 units attacking your target when you want is really nice..
Stronghold/Clan play (6 to 15) Heavy on Tactics. Someone Spot and everyone kill that tank. Far more opportunistic in mass attacking... One guy spots, 5-14 of your teammates kill it with extreme prejudice.

I like the fact that I don't have to wait for a battle to end, but leave the match once dead and jump into a different tank and play already... On a bad day I have been in tank #5 before the first battle was over... (Yeah I sometimes like Yoloing).
Old 02-02-2017, 12:12 PM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

I used to play extensively, but the micropatches became so frustrating as inevitably some install error, I gave up.

Good game as for playability.

I primarily play War Thunder realistic battles (no auto spotting) as the mechanics/ballistics are more like real tanks.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarlath
No worse than Armored Warfare which does have a more realistic mode, but is (IMHO) no where near as good as WoT.

Now if you had a 2-3 person tank version.. (aka Commander/main gunner/ loader and a driver/radio operator/bow gunner) and you only controlled solely your position... That would be an interesting online version.
You hear each other over the "intercom", a huge hellish bang/noise and one or the other player is no longer able to communicate due to being incapacitated...
Main gunner yelling to move the tank someplace to get on target/into cover with no response, or the driver doing his best to manouever around the battlefield not realizing his offensive capabilities are gone due to the ringing in his ears from that last hit...

In red orchestra 2 you can drive the tank as you said. You even can move your tank comander inside the tank, and open the hatches to be able see out of the tank and have a better scenary view... And be able to get a shot from a soldier, lol.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:58 PM
rescue119

Ya red orc is a great game. Forgot about that
Old 02-03-2017, 05:15 AM
Jarlath

In red orchestra 2 you can drive the tank as you said. You even can move your tank comander inside the tank, and open the hatches to be able see out of the tank and have a better scenary view... And be able to get a shot from a soldier, lol.
Just looked at a couple Youtubes of the armour portion. Kinda cool. I'll have to check it out.

Still a World of Tank fan though
Last night was a wonderfully frustrating night...
I had 5 tanks still in battle and on the 6th match before one of them ended... (That means I died 5 times in 5 different tanks before any of those matches ended...) Then of course that gets balanced out by a couple fast games (15-3, 15-5) and one or two excellent games.
I just kept getting stuck in lowest tier Scout spots
Old 02-03-2017, 06:16 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red orchestra is a cool game but you've gotta have plenty of time to invest. WOT is a turn on and go for instant engagement.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Longsheep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am surprised that no one has mentioned WarThunder?

It is also free to play and there are planes in it too. It is very realistic yet fun to play. Best graphics and model-details for any game. I actually use its model for reference on some RC builds!
Tank performance and sounds are constantly updated by its community. All changes require at least 2 legit sources. Since tanks have no HP-meter, you will have to either kill all crew, detonate ammo rack or set fire to defeat an enemy.

I am 2 years into it and have unlocked all British tanks! Its HESH actually performs like the real thing unlike what it is like in WOT. It is a skill-demanding game but the Tier 1 (early WWII tanks) is a good starting point. Once you get used to the mechanism, try Realistic Battle - you will have to seek and destroy enemies with commander's binoculars...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.