Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Stateside vendor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 07:13 AM
Dusty Steppes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stateside vendor?

Taigen doesn't have this in their parts list. Can anyone recommend a stateside vendor that carries it?

http://www.asiatam.com/product_info....ng-1---16.html
Old 01-30-2017, 09:04 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Asiatam is in Germany and I have ordered stuff from them in the past and they have been good. It takes about 10-14 days to get your stuff delivered. I am not sure if anyone on this side of the Atlantic sells those Tiger parts? That is not a bad price, although when I order stuff from them I get enough to warrant the shipping cost as he ships flat rate on weight so pay attention to the weight as you may be able to add some more bits and bobs for the same shipping cost.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:56 PM
Dusty Steppes

Shipping cost and VAT are the reasons I'm looking for a vendor here in the states.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:58 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dusty Steppes
Shipping cost and VAT are the reasons I'm looking for a vendor here in the states.

They generally knock vat off for non EU residents.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:04 PM
tiger rampage

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes here in the states we are not required to pay VAT taxes. If you send the seller an email they will send you a corrected invoice minus the tax. I've had tanks shipped from both the UK and Germany and never had to pay the VAT.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:05 PM
Dusty Steppes

Not having to pay VAT sounds sweet. The money saved on the VAT can be applied to the shipping. Time to work on a shopping list.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:11 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I've dealt with asiatam several times in the past without any real problems but you have to watch them as far as the VAT is concerned. They have some sneaky little tricks to get around removing the VAT, like telling you that you didn't meet the minimum purchase requirement. When I ordered the canvas cover for my Blitz they refused to remove the VAT because they said I didn't spend enough money.