Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Dlester77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heng Long transmitter

Good evening folks!

I just bought a Heng Long Sherman tank with the new version transmitter. Fresh batteries installed in the TX and tank battery is charged however the transmitter is not working? To start the tank up, I'm supposed to hold/press the button with a lock on it, bottom right correct? Is there supposed to be a light on the transmitter to let me know it's working? Help! I want to play with my new tank!

**DISCLAIMER**

I did make an honest attempt to look for this in the forum.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the same tank a few months ago and had similar issue. On mine one of the springs was missing from the controller battery compartment, so the AA batteries were not all making contact. I cut up part of a paper clip to make the contact and it works fine now , good luck
Old 02-01-2017, 07:31 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I had this problem there is a small button in the battery compartment with the battery on power your radio on hold in the small button then turn the tank on after tanks on let go of button and shut everything off and see if the radio is now connected...If not I am not sure how to bind the radio I just tried a few different methods with that button and I got mine working, next try turn on tank press button down then let off button then power on your radio and see if that works...theres a way to bind the radio to the tank maybe somebody here knows exactly how the process works and could help you. all i know it's some combo of turning stuff on with pressing the button to get it to bind.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:33 AM
rescue119

The transmitter with have the red light on if it's got power. Maybe it needs to be reminded like shenlong said. U just push the lack button once and the tank sounds for starting up will be heard.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:54 AM
Dlester77

No dice. The tank head lights blink so I tank itself should be good. The transmitter light isnt coming on though. I've tried rolling the batteries about to make sure the connectors were touching the batteries but to no avail. Time to call customer srevice
Old 02-02-2017, 08:41 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Dlester77
No dice. The tank head lights blink so I tank itself should be good. The transmitter light isnt coming on though. I've tried rolling the batteries about to make sure the connectors were touching the batteries but to no avail. Time to call customer srevice
Flashing headlights are an indication of a Battery requiring charging,
Shaun.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:08 AM
shenlonco

that's exactly what Mine did I truly think it needs to be bound to the transmitter to work ... don't anybody know the bind process here that can help out?
Old 02-02-2017, 02:01 PM
maillemaker

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, I know your problem! Marcocaster hit it.

The battery compartment on the 2.4 GHZ transmitters is screwed up. The center divider between the two batteries is so thick that on some AA batteries the positive "nose" is not long enough to reach the tail of its neighbor.

I took some small side dikes and cut those webs out. Problem solved.

The red light on the transmitter should light up when the transmitter is on. Now I have one where the light has died, but that is another issue.

I'm betting your problem is a broken circuit in the battery box.

Steve
Old 02-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Dlester77

Got it working! Opened up the transmitter and the wire inside was unplugged..... DOH!

So I'm 3 tanks strong now! Mato Tiger, Taigen Jagdtiger, and Heng Long Sherman. The motor pool grows!
Old 02-02-2017, 05:46 PM
shenlonco

Got it working! Opened up the transmitter and the wire inside was unplugged..... DOH!

So I'm 3 tanks strong now! Mato Tiger, Taigen Jagdtiger, and Heng Long Sherman. The motor pool grows!
Cool glade you got it working!