Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

The new panzer IV is available and still no clue how it works.

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

The new panzer IV is available and still no clue how it works.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:49 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by philipat
Two questions about the new MB:

- Can the gun elevation be controlled in an up/down fashion? (push stick up, gun moves up; push stick down, gun moves down) It looks like it can't, based upon the instruction sheet included earlier. But, I figure I'll ask. This seems a pretty important upgrade, more so than proportional smoke. I'd be happy to have that even with the current elevation mechanism.

- Can the track recoil be disabled? Even as a jumper on the MB? I like the way to sync the gun sound with the shot, but the track recoil has to go.

Everything else seems like pretty good steps forward, but those two for me would really define a real upgrade vs a slight improvement.
No, not yet. However, it may be possible to do with an advanced radio. The channel is still split with firing and elevation for now, but since we are finally running a hobby grade rx I'm sure we can program around it in our TXs. Oh and that is a big no on the track recoil. I asked about this and the reason pretty much comes down to the airsoft unit. The track recoil helps reload the BBs. I did however bring this up and most likely in the future you will be able to disable it but for now on this board there is no way to disable.
Originally Posted by Arnie_DK
I just got the new Panzer IV last week and I discovered a problem. The tank wont receive hits from other Taigen Tanks.

I asked Dominique at Rctank.de about the problem, because I thought it was a faulty board.
He gave me an update today as he received an email from Taigen Tanks, telling him that the new boards are not compatible with the older boards.

So, for anyone, who like me just like to run with the standard boards, think carefully, before you buy tanks with the new board as you will have to upgrade your older tanks with the new board to get IR compatability.

Here is a test I made, when I thought the board was faulty (and not deliberetly altered to not work with older tanks)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUBNHT6eRYQ
Just a heads up, I asked Taigen about this this morning. Your board is NOT faulty, there is a new IR receiver that will be needed to be used with the new motherboards to battle with the previous boards. The new IR receiver has had an upgrade, I'll get more details soon on it for you guys. In the meantime I'm sure your dealer will work with you for a solution. (There is a reason we don't have it yet, when I am done testing and APPROVE, then it comes to the US. I know it looks as if it has been done a while but there were small changes being made until just recently. When I get the final product and test it for you guys so you don't have these kinds of issues, then I'll give bossman the A-OK.) Oh and also.... our container arrives tomorrow about 2 weeks ahead of schedule! Now hopefully we can get everything counted in and the website updated for the weekend. We have a ton of preorders to send out!
Old 06-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Roboticus_Prime

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Oh and that is a big no on the track recoil. I asked about this and the reason pretty much comes down to the airsoft unit. The track recoil helps reload the BBs. I did however bring this up and most likely in the future you will be able to disable it but for now on this board there is no way to disable.
I've never thought about it like that, but with the stock weight of Taigen tanks increasing, with metal hulls/turrets, all that lurching is bound to cause excess wear on the gearboxes/electronics. I know it's not as big of an issue with the Taigen boards, but once my Pershing got heavy enough with the upgrades it started frying RX-18's left and right when I would fire the gun. Haven't had that problem since I disabled it.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

This is why I'm waiting for the Imex PzIV. Taigen rushes these things to the European market before the final version is confirmed, so guys that get them early will still at least have the return roller in the wrong place. I'd rather wait a bit and let Erik get the bugs sorted out so I know I'm getting the best version that will come to market, not just the first.

And Arnie, can you please post photos of the inside of your new tank? Did it come with steel or zinc gears?
Old 06-07-2017, 03:11 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

The air soft reload thing seems a bit off, none of the other boards have this issue and was never a problem with the anti recoil upgrades and the rx-18
Old 06-07-2017, 03:21 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by tomhugill
The air soft reload thing seems a bit off, none of the other boards have this issue and was never a problem with the anti recoil upgrades and the rx-18
Tom, I believe the explanation because I've seen it many times. I have a lot of tanks that don't want to fire continuously without some kind of movement to get those BBs rollin'. When the tank sits still I can fire two or three times and then it seems to be out of ammo, but if I give it a quick forward and reverse with the stick the BBs fall into place and I can fire again.

And we ALL know how much I HATE track recoil, so I wouldn't lie about it's need, only argue for it's complete termination. Let's wipe track recoil from the face of the Earth!

Last edited by Crius; 06-07-2017 at 03:23 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Arnie_DK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Erik.
It did come with what seems like a new receiver, but that havent helped the problem.

Crius:
I started a thread about it here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-t...iv-ausf-g.html
Lots of pictures
Old 06-07-2017, 08:05 AM
Arnie_DK

Apart from the colour, I dont see much difference in the receivers.

Just tested these two against each other... Still nothing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2156_zpsg8mxq1ve.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	2219177

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2157_zpsiuk32hy4.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	532.2 KB
ID:	2219178
Old 08-03-2017, 06:07 AM
Arnie_DK

I can see its on pre-order now. Looks good and nice to see the last return roller is fixed

But still nothing that mentions its not IR compatible with the older Taigen boards... And it says it has metal track tension adjusters... Dosnt seem so in the pictures though?

*Preorder* Panzer IV Ausf G Metal Edition ? Taigen Tanks
Old 08-03-2017, 06:19 AM
Shorty54

I can see its on pre-order now. Looks good and nice to see the last return roller is fixed

But still nothing that mentions its not IR compatible with the older Taigen boards... And it says it has metal track tension adjusters... Dosnt seem so in the pictures though?

Yes, its still not clear if it will battle with older units. It does say plug and play with previous Taigen tanks.
I am sure Erik will clarify.

Taigen V2 2.4GHz Motherboard (Coming Soon!) ? Taigen Tanks
Old 08-03-2017, 06:23 AM
Arnie_DK

Pretty sure plug and play just means it easy to replace your old board with the new one (which it is. I tried )
Old 08-03-2017, 10:32 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Just a heads up, my newest board receives hits with both receivers, I just got it in the mail a few min ago

Last edited by Imex-Erik; 08-03-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:42 PM
Arnie_DK

So did Taigen reprogram the new board so its a new-new board ???
Old 08-03-2017, 04:43 PM
Arnie_DK

Would very much like to see that
Video maybe?
Old 09-29-2017, 03:06 PM
Arnie_DK

Just noticed new info from European distributors... Now the new board, is not only non-compatible with older boards... its also non-compatible with LiPo batteries....

Why is Taigen going backwards in electronics development??

Rctank.de
https://www.rctank.de/Latest-Taigen-...ule-New-Sounds

Licmas-tank:
https://heng-long-panzer.de/de/HENG-...uem-sound.html

Last edited by Arnie_DK; 09-29-2017 at 03:09 PM.