Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

So it looks like RCU screwed us...no more pictures

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

So it looks like RCU screwed us...no more pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 02:55 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts
Default So it looks like RCU screwed us...no more pictures

we can have all the smilies we want but cant upload pictues to our threads unless we host them some where else on the net and link them. What a pain in the ass. I really hate that because it takes so much time to uplaod a picutre somewhere else and then link it back here.
And, all our threads that had pictures have lost them.
I might give up or really cut back writing how i do things with my ideas and tutorials to help modelers if it takes that much effort....
Already the new bbs sucks...
Old 04-18-2017, 03:46 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

yep this sucks i'm not going through changing every post i made so the pics can be seen i'm not happy with this at all
Old 04-18-2017, 03:59 PM
RichJohnson

Holy crap! I just logged on with my PC and the forum is a mess. The format is all jacked up and nothing makes sense. On my ipad where I made my earlier post, its layout properly in order and not a mess.
This is really incoherent on a PC on IE.....
I don't think I can tolerate this layout now.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:02 PM
Airbrushler

pictures will be back soon we were told
Old 04-18-2017, 04:11 PM
IBxAnders
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PICTURES NOT LOST ; will be available tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:10 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Thumbs up

So it's NOT the end of the world as the pictures previously uploaded have returned and new ones were posted today.

Thanks RCU for having a nice website that's loosely moderated and for some to act out on... all for free.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:18 AM
RichJohnson

The problem with this new formatted forum is you can only link to pictures hosted elsewhere. I guess they felt pictures were taking up too much room on their server and it was too costly for them for a free service.
Really a bummer as many people will just stop trying to post pictures as its a pain in the rear to go and upload them somewhere else to link back here.
I usually do my pics on the go and often did them from my work ipad. Oh well... Things change and change usually sucks.... I liked the old forum layout etc so much better beyond the photo posting issue.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:28 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I agree, Rich, that the new forum leaves a lot to be desired. I'm still waiting to see if they bring back videos like they did the photos. Not being able to post a video in a thread would make me very unhappy. And why can't we edit anything that was posted before the software change? I still haven't tried to post any photos or videos with the new software, but when the Hetzer arrives you know I'll have both to post. If it's as bad as I think it will be I might just post everything at RC Tank Warfare instead of posting at both. There is one thing that's better, though, and now when you go to your own profile it tells you right away if you have visitor messages. They're different from Private Messages and I was always missing the visitor messages, sometimes stumbling across one a year after it was written. Fortunately none of the messages I missed were giving me winning lottery numbers or anything. The jury's still out, so I'll hang in there a bit longer and see how things shake out.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:33 AM
ibxanderstest

I just tested and both attachments uploads from your computer work (Paper Clip Icon only available when NOT quick replying / advanced) and the youtube integration works as well:

Old 04-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Airbrushler

how are you guys posting pics i'm not going for this URL Junk
Old 04-23-2017, 11:17 AM
sgtparker01

they got it fixed, you don't have to use a url, when you post, use the (go advanced) button, right next to (post quick reply) once there you will see paper clip icon, press that and it will let you post pics up to 5mb in size. and 1500x1500 pixels. if your not for sure how many pixels your pic is, open it in Microsoft paint and go to resize. it will tell you what size it is in pixels. if it over 1500 on the top size, change it to 1500 and the other size will automatically change to fit the size ratio. pixels control how wide and tall a pic is.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:26 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Ok, tried the Go advanced feature. Hopefully this works, it's a little difficult to tell at this stage as the process is different from previous.

Surprised this Go advanced option to add pics wasn't stated last week, so as to allay some fears - or is it a recent addition?

Mal
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2858.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	339.0 KB
ID:	2211356  
Old 04-23-2017, 08:32 PM
RichJohnson

Testing photo post
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0056.JPG