Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

DX6i bind

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 06:09 AM
Rustytrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX6i bind

My 6 won't bind to another reciever. How do I bind to the 2nd model when the prceedure for binding is from the off position and trainer on...?

BTW the TX says DSM and the AR610 says DSMX. I have a Dx5e that is DSM and it binds to the DSMX.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:36 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have the bind plug in the RX?
Old 04-20-2017, 06:43 AM
Rustytrax

Of course. The transmitter doesn't have a left center option but I did center it. Does the "sticks at neutral" have any impact on binding? Just looking for reasons it's not working.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:15 AM
TheBennyB

Getting any indications from the RX? Solid red, red blinking?
Old 04-20-2017, 07:19 AM
Rustytrax

It just blinks showing its in bind mode. It will bind to the 5e just not the 6i. I even made sure batteries are fresh since I saw someplace it needs to be 80%.

The 6i says binding on the display and beeps. LOL so the family tells me since I can't hear it unless I hold it near my left ear.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:58 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to make sure you guys aren't skipping over the obvious, you get the model you want on the TX, turn it off, turn on the RX power, flip and hold the binding switch, then turn on the TX while holding the switch until the RX stops blinking. Turn off the RX, pull the binding plug and turn it back on.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:03 AM
Rustytrax

Thats what I have been doing. I just watched a vid that shows the trainer being released and seconds later the rx went solid. I have been doing it the way you listed.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:12 AM
TheBennyB

Was just reading up on the DSM, DSM2, and DSMX working with each other and now have a headache. Wondering if your DX6i hasn't been upgraded or is the parkflyer version? Has this TX been bound to other AR610's?
Old 04-20-2017, 09:32 AM
Rustytrax

No we used it for the Nano quad.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:34 AM
Cruiser133

For some reason some of the RX's are difficult to bind. I bought about 10 from an Ebay seller from China and they may be counterfeit as they were pretty cheap and Ebay pulled the ad pretty soon after for some reason. In the lot, I had two that gave me absolute headaches but after moving the radio around during the binding procedure from directly on top of the RX to about 5 feet away the damn things finally bound and now they both work great. The other 8 I had absolutely no issue. In fact my newest Tiger is using one right now and it bound on the first attempt. I would definitely not trust the Ebay RX's to aircraft, but on tanks no sweat. These look EXACTLY like the true Spektrums I have bought from reputable dealers so they may be the real deal but I doubt it so you may have a forgery. Where did you buy the RX? Did you try resetting your TX?
Old 04-24-2017, 09:05 AM
Rustytrax

Out of the Blue the is dang thing bound first attempt today. Same batteries. Now I just need to do a left ventering kit.