Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Panther F redo

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 07:50 PM
dgsselkirk

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Panther F redo

Greetings Guys,

Here is Tom's old Panther F that I really wanted that MichaelC bought and played with for a year or so and then sold to me! [ATTACH]2211839[/IMG]

I had threatened to totally repaint it and here is the preliminary ambush scheme. I was also inspired to scratch build the Vampire IR system that is seen in a pretty famous pic on a Panther with the ambush scheme. The resin one from a kit from somewhere just didn't have enough detail for me so took it apart and added styrene, a chunk of fishing rod, some wire, paperclip, etc.. and still have to do a few more details and make the glass for the IR emitter.

I was also inspired by the illustration of the Panther F in the book Panther in Detail. An awesome reference book. This was also a practice to try and do hard edge scheme with my airbrush. Never tried to do it before! I needed to try this on my tank because I have the most patient customer in the world waiting to see if I could do it well enough for his monster I am working on! Anyway, I know it looks like a bit of a circus car right now but with filters, modulation weathering, pin washes, some streaking it will get toned down in a hurry! :-)

This tank is fully IR battle ready. It is an HL hull, with a resin "F" turret. This was done before the new Taigen one came out. Has Tamiya motors and gearbox, all metal wheels,sprockets, and idlers,Clark Board, TARR ! smoker, Servo recoil, servo elevation, Tamiya apple, upgrade speaker, and a few other bells and whistles.

As always comments welcome... [ATTACH]2211840[/IMG] Panther F 2.JPG (96.48 KiB) Viewed 1 time Panther F 5.JPG (95.47 KiB) Viewed 1 time Panther F 7.JPG (82.89 KiB) Viewed 1 time Panther F 8.JPG (83.04 KiB) Viewed 1 time
Attached Images   
Old 04-27-2017, 07:08 AM
Rustytrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not fair your "F" can see in the dark.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:39 PM
dgsselkirk

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

LOL! Yes, and I am considering "lighting" them up!

In the meantime here is my turret test and also interesting to watch how the camo works as you rotate the turret. Plus smoker test of course... Enjoy!