Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Taigen Tiger 1 Side Skirts - Removal

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen Tiger 1 Side Skirts - Removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 05:57 AM
Springman65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taigen Tiger 1 Side Skirts - Removal

Anyone ever remove the side skirts from a Taigen Tiger 1? can you share your method and possibly some pictures?

I need to de-skirt and de-fender my Sturmtiger for my build and I thought I would ask.

Thanks,

Springman,
Old 05-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Jussek

hi Springman,

i did it on my Tiki project years ago. It was an HL one initially, i do not know if the taigen has the same structure

i cut the fenders with a saw, and them made the new fenders with iron sheet from an olive can

Click image for larger version

Name:	746-faldones laterales.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	2215745

Name:	741-faldones laterales.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	2215746

Name:	745-faldones.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	2215747

best regards
Old 05-17-2017, 10:53 AM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A thin razor saw and smooth with a file or sandpaper.
Jussek, the ones you made from a can are great!
Old 05-18-2017, 09:55 AM
Jussek

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Markocaster
A thin razor saw and smooth with a file or sandpaper.
Jussek, the ones you made from a can are great!

thanks mate!
Old 05-19-2017, 04:24 AM
Springman65

I sort of wish IMEX offered all there tanks, especially the German ones, in kit form. I very much like their Tiger 1 kit, but its the early Tiger 1 and I would rather have a Late or a Mid kit offering - I got 3 Tamiya Tiger 1s - all Early - now......

Springman
Old 05-19-2017, 07:05 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Springman65
I sort of wish IMEX offered all there tanks, especially the German ones, in kit form. I very much like their Tiger 1 kit, but its the early Tiger 1 and I would rather have a Late or a Mid kit offering - I got 3 Tamiya Tiger 1s - all Early - now......

Springman
Trust me, I do too. The problem is just the lack of kit demand these days. The vast majority of demand is for RTR and ARTR RC these days so our focus is on that. However with that being said I do think my constant nagging at bossman to do another might be working It takes me a lot of time to do it right, IMO instructions are absolutely the top thing I worry about. With the Tiger 1 we did I would consider that a success and would wish to do no less than that on the next one (the time needed for a good one is immense). The more requests we get sent to the Taigen site the more we can keep count. If you don't ask you may never receive!
Old 05-19-2017, 07:11 AM
Springman65

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Trust me, I do too. The problem is just the lack of kit demand these days. The vast majority of demand is for RTR and ARTR RC these days so our focus is on that. However with that being said I do think my constant nagging at bossman to do another might be working It takes me a lot of time to do it right, IMO instructions are absolutely the top thing I worry about. With the Tiger 1 we did I would consider that a success and would wish to do no less than that on the next one (the time needed for a good one is immense). The more requests we get sent to the Taigen site the more we can keep count. If you don't ask you may never receive!
I am happy to send an email request for more kits - consider it done!

THANKS Eirk!