Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Taigen Tiger 1 Airsoft Turret With Recoil Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen Tiger 1 Airsoft Turret With Recoil Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 01:49 AM
CaptainB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taigen Tiger 1 Airsoft Turret With Recoil Question

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a Taigen Tiger 1 turret that I would like to fit to an old Heng Long Tiger 1 that I'm upgrading.
Does any one know how to hook up the connections from the turret to an RX18 27mhz or 2.4G MFU?
Maybe someone has a diagram. I'm particularly interested in the connections for the barrel recoil - what type are they and where do they go?

Thanks in advance

CaptB
Old 06-19-2017, 02:16 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

If you're using the Imex barrel recoil turret all you should need is a power supply for the recoil servo board. On the Imex tanks they just add a two pin jst plug coming from the on/off switch for power to the recoil board. The recoil itself operates off the trigger switch for cannon sound/track recoil, but I'm not sure it will work with the new RX18s (2.4). It's no problem with the Taigen MFU, though. I think Erik has a video or two on the recoil turret at the Taigen Tanks youtube channel.

If you're not using the pre-assembled turret and adding your own unit I think you also need to attach one wire from the recoil board to the micro switch at the back of the airsoft unit (trigger switch).

Hope that helps.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:59 AM
CaptainB

Hi Crius,
Thanks for the reply - Yes I was going to use the Imex recoiling turret so just expected to plug it into the rx18 somewhere but am not sure where?.
If anyone has a wiring diagram of this installation I would appreciate a copy.

Cheers

CaptB
Old 06-19-2017, 05:07 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainB
Hi Crius,
Thanks for the reply - Yes I was going to use the Imex recoiling turret so just expected to plug it into the rx18 somewhere but am not sure where?.
If anyone has a wiring diagram of this installation I would appreciate a copy.

Cheers

CaptB
As long as it isn't the dual sound board you can install the 2 wire recoil plug and the 3 wire airsoft/elevation plug as usual. There is a new power cable included with the airsoft recoil turrets that powers a board on the inside of the turret that operates the servo. That power cable will be installed instead of the stock one. On the new power cable will be an extra connector, use that to connect to the new female connector coming from the turret.
All in all, just one extra cable to connect to the new power switch. No biggie
Old 06-19-2017, 05:13 AM
Crius

I do have the wiring diagrams you need, but I can't post them til after work (they're on the home PC). I'll post them here in six or seven hours if you still need them.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:20 AM
CaptainB

Thanks guys and yes Crius please post the diagram - that would be really helpful.

cheers

CaptB
Old 06-20-2017, 11:47 AM
Crius

Here's the airsoft wiring diagram
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring Diagram for tiger main gun.jpg
Views:	2961
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	2220997  
Old 06-20-2017, 11:47 PM
CaptainB

Thanks for the posting Crius - it's not really readable at my end. Also, this seems to cover IR installation and not airsoft - can you post the airsoft diagram or am I missing something?

cheers

CaptB
Old 06-21-2017, 01:15 AM
Crius

No offense, but you did click on the photo itself, right? On my computer when I do that the photo gets big and I can read it, and the first thing it says is, "This is the airsoft wiring diagram". I'll post the Heng Long stuff and see if that's any better.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hls7.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	2221068   Click image for larger version

Name:	MFU schematic.jpg
Views:	779
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	2221069  
Old 06-21-2017, 03:33 AM
CaptainB

Hi Crius, yes I did - the picture is coming up all squashed down so it isn't readable - I can just make out the airsoft bit though at the top so it does look like a very useful diagram. If you can improve on the picture viewing that would be really cool. Don't worry if you can't though - I'll manage.

Cheers

CaptB
Old 06-21-2017, 04:58 AM
CaptainB

Hi Cruis, don't know what's happened but the image is clear now - must have been a PC thing. I thought it was the IR diagram as the airsoft unit was all squashed and didn't look right so I assumed it was an IR diagram - sorry about that. anyway thanks for your help and I shall read and digest the diagram and follow it.

Cheers

CaptB