Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

T55A Clark TK22 issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 01:09 AM
Lotuswins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T55A Clark TK22 issue

I have a Hooben T55A, with Clark TK22 board, and am having slow speed erratic issues. At slow speed it just is not smooth, but erratic. So, I did some trouble shooting:
(NiMh batt, several different motors, Stock gearboxes with 8T pinions)
Replaced the receiver (turnigy 9x) no joy
Filtered the DC,,,,, no luck
Filtered the receiver output.....no luck
Replaced the caps on the motors......still no luck
8T pinions....still problematic
90:1 Taigen gearboxes, still a problem
Replaced TK22 with identical TK22/38T unit....still there.....
Temp installed an IBU2U from a Panther F project.....bingo, slow speed is now working

Anyone else have slow speed issues with the TK22 Clark board?? any guidance on what to do to smooth things out??

Thanks so much
Jerry Rude
38T, Luchs, PIV, M4E3, Tiger1, KV1, T55A, StugIIIG
Old 06-22-2017, 10:05 PM
Jay-Em

Hmm.. I use a TK22 Leopard 2a6 variation of the board, and it always has been somewhat jerky on slower speeds. I figure it's just how it is. Truth be told, I am no fan of the Clarks. Too fiddly because it squeezes all functions in just 4 channels, and too "locked-in" by that, I mean having to buy a separate tv-remote to program it (very clumsily and convoluted). Plus the fact that it doesn't like -older- analog systems. After the experiences with the TK22, I went for IBU's in all my other tanks.

Last edited by Jay-Em; 06-22-2017 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:46 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try an ElMod unit. Problem solved
Old 06-27-2017, 07:13 AM
Lotuswins

Thanks for the reply Jay-Em, that reinforces my thoughts on the board. The nice thing is it fits the footprint of the RX18/Taigen controllers, and the T55 does have a somewhat cramped space inside. The ElMod is pretty pricey, so I guess I'll have to get another IBU2U or await the new one from Hobbyking. Sound isn't great either......oh, well. Jerry
Old 07-09-2017, 08:37 AM
dash69

I just ordered the Clark for my KV-1. I like slow speed control. I hope this works. This is replacing a RX-18 unit. IBU? I have to look into that one.
Thanks for the info here.
David
Old 10-13-2017, 05:02 AM
Marc780

Originally Posted by Jay-Em
Hmm.. I use a TK22 Leopard 2a6 variation of the board, and it always has been somewhat jerky on slower speeds. I figure it's just how it is. Truth be told, I am no fan of the Clarks. Too fiddly because it squeezes all functions in just 4 channels, and too "locked-in" by that, I mean having to buy a separate tv-remote to program it (very clumsily and convoluted). Plus the fact that it doesn't like -older- analog systems. After the experiences with the TK22, I went for IBU's in all my other tanks.
I just bought a Hooben T55, but not the radio system yet - can you tell me what is an IBU? And what kind of system would i need to get? If the Clark is fiddly, that's not something i'd really want, either.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:07 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Ibu2u is tight space wise. I use a tk60 because the Hooben gears are very low ratio 3s lipos are needed to get a good too speed. Don't worry about slow speed with the Hooben gears you can get a nice crawl. The Clark only really struggled with the standard 3 shaft gears.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:17 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's mine: