Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Help with 21st Century Stuart

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Help with 21st Century Stuart

Old 06-22-2017, 08:09 AM
70gtvert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with 21st Century Stuart

My turret was not turning properly, skipping teeth. I've fixed this issue on another before, not a big deal. Tested it while body was apart, worked great but while lifting the top half I pulled a couple of leads from the boards on the bottom half. Went to put them in and when I tested again, the sound board just made a repetitive pop sound and the turret would not turn. I had accidently switched two leads. Swapped them back and sound was normal and tank ran again but turret would not turn. Tested the motor to the turret and it's good. I feel I toasted something on the board that controls the turret. Anyone know if there is a place to get new boards or someone who could trouble shoot mine if I sent it in? Hate to think I screwed it up. Why they made those leads interchangeable I'll never know. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:29 AM
Tankhobby

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

Keep an eye on ebay, sometimes one comes on for parts and isn't too expensive. You can also get separate parts on ebay but I don't see the electronics stuff too often so that's why maybe looking for a full tank is the way to go. I replaced all the electronics on mine and the turret motor is controlled by a electronic speed control, but that can turn into a large project.

Good luck!