Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Any 4th of July sales happening?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Any 4th of July sales happening?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Peregrine7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn nice looking Stug, though...
Old 07-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I understand, and that's how most guys are, myself included. I'd rather build it myself, or at least start with a basic tank like an HL or Taigen and do all the detailing and add the good electronics. Pretty much what I did to the StuG, bought the metal edition from Imex, added PE air screens and new filter boxes, metal tool set, replaced all the plastic spare track links with metal, added metal periscopes and headlight (both too high, I know), IBU2, lipo battery, did the paint and all the rest. For some reason I seem to enjoy building more than driving, especially since I moved and don't have Ansbach West any more. But with 1/6 scale I seem to enjoy the driving (what little I've done) just as much as the build itself. Of course, now I'm into the electronics for the Hetzer, my least favorite part, but once that's done I get to my favorite part, detailing the outside and giving her a paint job.

Too bad you weren't around a few months ago and another member beat you to it, because I had a project tank for sale. Brand new IR PzIV with bad gearboxes, plus new gearboxes and all the metal bits (tools, hatches, etc), all in one package and ready to start building. I think that member got a good deal and I can't wait to see him start the build log. The only reason I sold it was to get up the scratch to buy the hetzer. And that's the real downside to 1/6 - instead of talking about spending hundreds of dollars for a 1/16 tank, now it's thousands of dollars for a 1/6 tank. What have I gotten myself into!?!?
Old 07-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Despotes

For you larger scale build it yourself types have you considered; FOA10001RC Field of Armor Models 1/6 Tiger I Ausf.E Late Un-Assembled R/C Kit - Field of Armor Tanks LLC
Old 07-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Peregrine7

Originally Posted by Crius
Too bad you weren't around a few months ago and another member beat you to it, because I had a project tank for sale. Brand new IR PzIV with bad gearboxes, plus new gearboxes and all the metal bits (tools, hatches, etc), all in one package and ready to start building. I think that member got a good deal and I can't wait to see him start the build log. The only reason I sold it was to get up the scratch to buy the hetzer. And that's the real downside to 1/6 - instead of talking about spending hundreds of dollars for a 1/16 tank, now it's thousands of dollars for a 1/6 tank. What have I gotten myself into!?!?
You've moved up to a more prestigious club