Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng long T 90

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 05:31 PM
armornut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heng long T 90

I tried to search, but that function bites, so I'll ask. Anyone have anything to say about the Heng Long T 90? I'm also considering the Hooben T 55. Any thought or experiences to help me choose?
Old 08-05-2017, 02:45 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

I'd go for the Hooben with no doubt, because for me it looks much better than the T90 and I love to assemble kits. The hooben comes with no radio or board, but no problem, because I never use heng long radios.

The 90 is cool, but for me T55 is much better.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:28 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I would imagine building the T-90 would be a lot like improving on the HL M1 or Leo, but the Hooben is a true kit. Ad Lav did a very good build log on his Hooben T-55 right here

https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/foru...p?f=41&t=22738

So I think a lot depends on how much time you want to invest. The Heng Long T-90 would probably be a much quicker build, but I think in the long run the Hooben, properly built, would be the better tank. Probably the most expensive, too, so that may be another factor.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:50 AM
Cruiser133

I have built two t-55's and there is a clear difference between the new kit and the old. Beware the old kit may have flashing issues on certain sprues. Hooben also greatly improved the gearboxes and suspension components as well. Both of my kits were the old type but I contacted DKLM who ordered me the newer parts to update my kits. I couldn't pass on the second one as I only paid $100 shipped off of ebay. I made it into a Enigma using one of Christians upgrade kits.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:30 AM
armornut

Thank you for the thoughts guys. I'm leaning heavily toward the t55. I like kits and the updates one looks like it's not too bad. I also don't mind the higher cost.if I get a better tank.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:53 PM
CaptainB

I wouldn't dismiss the HL T90 - the basic tank is very well made and has lots of parts to assemble. Also, I absolutely love the dual sound MFU that comes with it. Particularly as it is specific to the Tiger 1 and Leo 2A6 sounds. I have stripped this out of the T90 and put it in a Taigen Tiger 1 with Airsoft barrel recoil - took a bit of working out but I now have a great sounding Tiger 1 with all the recoil and TX operated smoke and sound functions. The T90 will probably get a Clark TK22/24 later on.

Cheers

CaptB
Old 08-07-2017, 06:38 AM
Scaleman3

Default Hooben

Do we have a US distributor for Hooben?
Old 08-07-2017, 07:52 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

IF it were me, I'd get the T55 kit and work on it as I played with the T90 for the INSTANT gratification factor! That way, no decision to make.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:22 AM
armornut

Originally Posted by Scaleman3
Do we have a US distributor for Hooben?
I was going to order from DKLM, not in the US, but ive had no issues with them at all.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:23 AM
armornut

Originally Posted by Panther F
IF it were me, I'd get the T55 kit and work on it as I played with the T90 for the INSTANT gratification factor! That way, no decision to make.
I am reading this thinking....how can I argue with this? Then I remember my wife's face when she sees the credit card. Might be worth the frown 😁
Old 08-07-2017, 10:50 AM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by armornut
I am reading this thinking....how can I argue with this? Then I remember my wife's face when she sees the credit card. Might be worth the frown 😁
I found a way to solve that problem...I got rid of the wife... Been eye'ing that T-55 also...
Old 08-07-2017, 12:35 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by armornut
Well now, I've been married 34 years and I won't argue with that defense at all... but you did not mention a wife being involved in the decision so that's why I said it that way.

SO, not getting rid of the wife I feel it's all about balance. Do for her and THEN do for myself. OR... buy one with cash and the other credit card if you must hide a paper trail. LOL

Ya obviously need to have both if you're asking us.