Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Taigen's Hurricane Irma Sale

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen's Hurricane Irma Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 05:23 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Taigen's Hurricane Irma Sale

Hey tankers,
Thanks all to everyone that sent us emails and messages throughout the weekend, it is nice to hear that our tankers! Everyone here at IMEX/Taigen made it without damage though bossman and I are still out of power (day #3 now). The warehouse made it fine as well, but some of our friends and neighbors were not so lucky. To help with this we will be having a sale through next week, one of our largest in terms of discounts for tanks actually, and a portion of those sales will be donated to victims of Hurricane Irma. I hope you all made it out safe and sound or hunkered down safely, we do have a few Florida local tankers I would like to hear from if possible

Current sales:
  • 10% off SITEWIDE. Everything.
  • Free shipping on orders over $100
Again thanks so much for everything this weekend guys!
Old 09-13-2017, 05:43 AM
Dusty Steppes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad everyone there survived! Still waiting on Irma to hit Wisconsin. ;-)
Old 09-13-2017, 05:59 AM
Imex-Erik

Yea we had a few trees fall but nothing serious. Heck, Zeus and I sat on the back porch enjoying the storm for a while. Unfortunately I am still out of power but family is very close to work and has a large house for us and our pups. I had a friend that lost his fence on 3 sides and when I say lost I mean GONE lol. We are not sure where a few panels went but we couldn't find them anywhere in the neighborhood.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	irma.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	749.8 KB
ID:	2231772  
Old 09-13-2017, 09:15 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

My three friends in Florida, two live on the east coast, south central area, one is on the north part of east coast, a fellow tanker I've known for years. North lad is good but no electric, his house lost only a few shingles. He did not evacuate this time. 'North' central guy is on his way home, he hightailed it all the way to Virginia. 'South' central friend is fine, he and his wife rode out the storm at home, no damage but now no electric. Not a problem for them, they have an automatic generator system that runs on natural gas. His report is the odd branch down and a roof tile or two missing from neighbor's houses but his is fine. He's pretty close to Patrick AFB.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:12 PM
trackmech81

Sevo, and friends,

I'm in St Augustine and made it out fine. A few trees down and lost power for 4 days. I actually had to work as a first responder during the storm and help keep generators running for Radio Communication Towers and sewer lift pumps.... actually provided security to the mechanics lol. The wind was insane and folded the mirrors back on the HMMWV we were using. There are a lot of places flooded that haven't flooded as long as I have been alive so people were not prepared for that. I have friends in South Florida who say it reminds him of Iraq right now with Electric lines everywhere and the amount of destruction.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I saw on the news that about 25% of the homes in the Keys suffered serious damage, if not total destruction. My heart goes out to those folks, losing everything like that can be truly devastating. Especially if you're the family of one of the 26 or more that didn't make it.

Mother Nature can really pack a punch. Makes one feel a bit humble, eh?
Old 09-16-2017, 02:59 AM
trackmech81

We are Floridians, and we will rebuild. We pay higher insurance premiums because of the threat and choose to keep coming back for more. Maybe we are crazy lol, but it's something we know can happen. Huge thanks to Imex for the support and everyone else who has us in their prayers.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:58 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I lived in Sarasota for about a year and helped build boats for Excalibur so I have a wee-tiny bit of experience with Floridians, and you are a resilient bunch for sure, and I can see why. Being able to do most things barefoot is a huge attraction for a very many people. The hurricanes might suck and blow at the same time (thanks Bart) but most of the time Florida is a truly beautiful place to live. And that's not even beginning to mention the effect all that warm weather has on the amount of clothing the pretty girls wear. Less is more, eh?
Old 09-18-2017, 06:54 AM
Imex-Erik

Floridians are definitely a hearty group.... I had about 4.5 days of no power but my good buddy only got power last night. I have to replace my roof it turns out, had a few trees fall in my yard, fridge went bad from the power surge, and some minor damage around the property but nothing too terrible. Still not enough to convince the gf to move I'm glad no tankers have given me too bad of news, some of our stoplights were on generators as recent as Friday still so it could of been much worse for our area.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:37 PM
CHIEFSONN

I glad to here that you and Imax survived.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:49 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by CHIEFSONN
I glad to here that you and Imax survived.
It's gonna take more than a hurricane to get rid of us
Oh and the 10% sale is extended another week guys. I'm still getting emails making sure we are ok, it means a lot to us knowing we aren't JUST a retailer but have made friends with our customers. I asked bossman to extend the sale and he did so without batting an eyelash. No promo codes, just enjoy guys.
I was also told the P3/P4 shipment is supposed to be arriving this weekend in port too, it will take us about a week to get it through customs and here at the warehouse but I'll keep everyone updated!