Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Cheap FPV

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 02:24 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts
Default Cheap FPV

Hey Guys, if you ever wanted to try FPV then you might be interested to know that Hobby King has the Quanum Cyclops FPV goggles with built in 40 channel receiver for $49.99 plus shipping. That's less than half what I paid for the goggles I use, and these appear to be better goggles. It's 5.8 GHz so it will work with any of the cameras you've seen me use in my FPV projects, and while I have no personal experience with this product it does get good reviews. Perhaps our resident FPV expert (yes, Erik, That's you) will chime in and give his opinion.

With these goggles all you need is the minicam (($10 to $15) and the TX for the tank (about $30) and you're off to the races. That means you could have FPV in a tank for just a bit more than I paid for just my Little Pilot screen that attaches to my TX. If my car hadn't blown up yesterday I'd be ordering a pair of these goggles myself, and I still might if the auto repair doesn't cost too much (not holding my breath on that one!).

Anyway, if you're interested you can check out the goggles right here

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/quanum-c...pv-goggle.html