Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Looking for some technical drawings

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Looking for some technical drawings

Old 11-03-2017, 06:15 PM
dgsselkirk

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Looking for some technical drawings

Greetings All!

As the title says I am trying to save some time and putting the request out there if anyone has access to M-3 (Grant, Lee, ) running gear technical drawings. Particularly the bogie set up. I have lots and lots of reference pictures and drawings but we are looking for something a little more detailed. We are going to CAD these and source some production to finally get some proper running gear for these early models. We want to make it at least the quality of the ABS in Henglong kits. So if you have them or have a museum or archive "friend" we could really use some help!

TXS
Dean
Old 11-04-2017, 02:38 PM
Shark27

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by dgsselkirk
Greetings All!

As the title says I am trying to save some time and putting the request out there if anyone has access to M-3 (Grant, Lee, ) running gear technical drawings. Particularly the bogie set up. I have lots and lots of reference pictures and drawings but we are looking for something a little more detailed. We are going to CAD these and source some production to finally get some proper running gear for these early models. We want to make it at least the quality of the ABS in Henglong kits. So if you have them or have a museum or archive "friend" we could really use some help!

TXS
Dean
This site has technical manuals =collection%3A%22wwIIarchive%22&and[]=subject%3A%22Technical+Manual%22]Archive.org it does give an exploded view of the suspension system, no dimensions however, (the manual you want is the TM9-750), I believe that many of the component parts would be similar to the VVSS suspension used on the Sherman tanks later on, so you could probably use those dimensions. Why not use a 3D scanner and scan a 1/35 scale version and scale it up? Or just use it for the dimensions you need?

Steve
Old 11-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...Q7lJzjkI8woE5H
Old 11-05-2017, 08:56 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...GVwkj9K9WERC6h