Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Taigen T-34/85 metal edition

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen T-34/85 metal edition

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 09:32 AM
Bulldogger
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taigen T-34/85 metal edition

I read a while back that the Taigen t-34/85 metal edition had some issues with the front idler wheels breaking the chassis. It appeared the wheels cantered outward because the weren't supported by the metal insert in the chassis. Anybody else have this issue or know if Taigen has addressed the problem thanks.

Last edited by Bulldogger; 12-14-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:47 AM
Dusty Steppes

I have not had any issues with mine. I got mine through Artistic Hobbies years ago when it first came out. It has been used in my backyard repeatedly and has even handled the torture test of a young boy doing endless superspins on grass as he battled his brother. It's one of my best, if not the best runner, I have.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:22 PM
Bulldogger

Good to know, just don't want to spend that kind of money to have issues.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:31 AM
superrod
My Feedback: (16)

Mine is also running fine with no issues.
Jimmy
Old 12-15-2017, 03:53 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

I have read it many times too. But you can install a henntek track tensioner and make it nukeproof.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:50 AM
Blackadder123

@Rad Schuhart

Which Henntec tensioner do you mean? There's one for the HL T34 which supports either side of the tank with a metal rod and then there's the one for the Taigen T34 that only attaches to the two sides separately. I can't see how the Taigen T34 tensioner design can benefit the structural integrity of the idler wheels....

And I do see why some sort of brace is needed as the front idler wheels are just so slightly angled inwards due to not being supported by the metal frame....

I can't link the page but if you google Hentec track tensioner T34 you'll find images of the two tensioners I mean
Old 12-15-2017, 06:50 AM
Bulldogger

Looking at the two systems the one HT018 seems like the one I would choose as it mounts the idlers together using a bar. This would eliminate stress on the chassis.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HT018-T34[1].jpg
Views:	38
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	2247719  
Old 12-15-2017, 07:59 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackadder123
@Rad Schuhart

Which Henntec tensioner do you mean? There's one for the HL T34 which supports either side of the tank with a metal rod and then there's the one for the Taigen T34 that only attaches to the two sides separately. I can't see how the Taigen T34 tensioner design can benefit the structural integrity of the idler wheels....

And I do see why some sort of brace is needed as the front idler wheels are just so slightly angled inwards due to not being supported by the metal frame....

I can't link the page but if you google Hentec track tensioner T34 you'll find images of the two tensioners I mean
Uops, I wrote a long post but for some reason dissapeared....

Resuming a lot, due to I am at work and we are closing in 5 minutes, lol. Those tensioners does not protect the wheel itself. protects the area where the wheel attaches to the hull, which is prone to bend (causing misalignement and makes the tank throw the track,) and finally after some use (and abuse) ends breaking. I am also a bit surprised about the henntek taigen tensioners not having that brass bar, when all the other ones does have it. If possible Id install the one with the bar, but the best thing might be to ask Mr Henntek itself.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:28 AM
Bulldogger

I like this system but I am not sure it would even fit. It looks like the bar would interfere with where the catch is to mount the top. Anybody have pictures of it installed in the Taigen metal t-34??
Old 12-15-2017, 10:27 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I'm pretty sure that catch is why they have a different henntec for the HL and TG. The Taigen can't use the brass tube because of the catch, so they don't include it. Maybe you could make a brace from aluminum angle and notch it for the catch?