Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

How do you know where to stick the decals included with a ready to run tank?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

How do you know where to stick the decals included with a ready to run tank?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 10:27 AM
sturmgrenadier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you know where to stick the decals included with a ready to run tank?

Hello. I'm trying to figure out where to place the included decals on my ready to run Taigen Panzer IV Ausf. G. I assumed that the instruction manual would show me, but I'm surprised to learn that it only provides pictures of a few of the decals on the tank. Historically, were there standard placements for the tank numbers, iron crosses, and other insignias? Thank you for enlightening me here.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:35 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

The numbers they give you aren't any good, since they're four digit and most German tanks had a three digit ID number. Your best bet is to check google images for panzer four to see examples. If you want to depict a particular tank there are a lot of good websites for all the different armor units.

I almost always use aftermarket decals.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:55 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

I completely agree with Crius, Heng Long and Taigen as well as Torro Decals are of awful quality and are inaccurate,
The best place to stick them is in a waste bin.
The numbers on the decal sheet are the product identity number of the particular model of tank you have and have nothing to do with any Tank in service in the German Armed Forces.
"Peddinghaus" in Germany, "Archer" and "Elite" in the USA all make top quality Decals and they all come with instructions on how to use them and where on the Tank each Decal should be placed,
"Peddinghaus" Do the widest range of 1/16 German Armour decals And I recommend them with the warning that the decals are very thin.
Shaun..
Old 12-16-2017, 11:36 AM
Crius

Go to ebay and search: decals 1/16 panzer iv

You'll see a lot of peddinghaus decals, but with those you have to cut each decal very close because what you have is basically one big sheet of decal film with images printed on it. These are very handy for decals of this type

https://www.amazon.com/11-Hobby-Blad...de+-+100&psc=1
Old 12-16-2017, 11:37 AM
Crius

Oh yeah, look for "ausf G" in the title of the decals