Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

what is required to modify taigen airsoft tank turret to recoil?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

what is required to modify taigen airsoft tank turret to recoil?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 02:58 PM
luv2flywarbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is required to modify taigen airsoft tank turret to recoil?

is it even possible? 2 modify? airsoft taigen tank to have recoiling barrel? where would i find the parts?
Old 12-14-2017, 03:30 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi luv2fly
The Taigen Tiger 1 has a airsoft recoil turret setup available, but they have not as yet extended it to their other tanks.
Parts wise, you'll want an over barrel that does the 'recoiling' whereas the airsoft barrel remains fixed in place, servo, and probably a rack & pinion set up. Beyond that, it'll depend on what tank you're doing & how precisely you decide to proceed. I started doing a M41A3 Walker Bulldog, but had problems cutting a larger, straight hole in the mantlet to accomodate the recoiling over barrel. Haven't gone back to it as yet.

Mal
Old 12-15-2017, 02:22 AM
CaptainB

Having a recoiling barrel is now possible on nearly all BB tanks. I have done this on the King Tiger, Tiger 1, Challenger 2, M26 and the bulldog M41. Working on the Panda 38T at the moment.
The Clark aftermarket boards have provision for a recoil servo which actuates at the point of BB firing to recoil the barrel. It's done with a microswitch to trigger the recoil when the firing pin is retracted to it's rear most position. As AFV says, the recoiling can be done using a rack and pin arrangement or by using a pull rod method (my approach) which attaches to the back of the over barrel and the servo.. I have had to carry out extensive modifications to the barrel and surrounding parts to make this work so it requires a bit of Engineering ability and access to a lathe etc. to make the parts. Each one is unique really but the above gives an idea. The taigen recoiling Tiger 1 has the same servo and pull rod design and comes with an interface board to link the servo to the MFU. These boards are terrific for putting barrel recoil on all sorts of tanks using the above method. I'm gonna do all of mine. they are available from RCtank.de.

Cheers

CaptB
Old 12-15-2017, 05:36 AM
luv2flywarbird

thanks afv and capt. for info
Old 12-15-2017, 05:56 AM
luv2flywarbird

captain b I have taigen tiger 1, m26, and panther ausf g all plastic and I would lov 2 see pic and vid of what you did 2 ur tank
Old 12-18-2017, 12:45 AM
CaptainB

Hi luv2,

I'm not very good at filming or taking pictures as I tend to develop my working systems as I go and once they are together, I'm not keen on taking them apart again - just too much work and time is very limited for me. Scaleman has asked me to do a video of the Challenger 2 which I still need to do. I'll try to film them all and post them up when I can. dunno when though. Sorry for a non direct answer.

cheers

CaptB
Old 12-18-2017, 06:30 AM
luv2flywarbird

ok when u get a chance maybe