Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

How to attach wheels to Hennetec axle?

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

How to attach wheels to Hennetec axle?

Old 01-03-2018, 05:10 AM
maillemaker

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default How to attach wheels to Hennetec axle?

The metal idlers on my Heng Long Jagdpanther simply screw in place. As a result they wobble around and throw tracks frequently.

I have bought a Hennetec track adjuster:

https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store...Art__NR15.html

How do the wheels attach to it? My wheels don't have bushings. Will I need new idlers?

Steve
Old 01-03-2018, 09:33 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I had the same problem when I put a henntek in my King Tiger. I ended up having to buy new idlers.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:47 AM
maillemaker

Which idlers should I get?

Steve
Old 01-03-2018, 11:35 AM
Crius

You'll have to see what fits. Where did you get the henntec? ETO has idlers and I imagine Bob will know which ones you need.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:45 AM
maillemaker

I got it from Forge Bear.

Steve
Old 01-03-2018, 01:04 PM
Crius

That's for a Tamiya. I don't know if it works with a heng long tank. You better email Dave (Forgebear).
Old 01-03-2018, 02:57 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Dave is showing the Idlers for a Jagdpanther (Taigen) as out of stock these are on the same page as the "Henntek" Adjuster, If you go to ----
www.rctank.de
they are selling the Taigen Idlers as a set with sprockets, All metal with bearings for 24.95 Euros,
Be aware that Dom at rc tank will include VAT at 19% unless you clearly tell him you are not liable because you are in the USA.
I have not checked if Erik at IMEX has them in his Store in Florida it might be worth while talking with him.
Shaun.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:09 PM
maillemaker

That's for a Tamiya. I don't know if it works with a heng long tank. You better email Dave (Forgebear).
No, I ordered the one for Heng Long. Gave the wrong link before. This is the one I actually ordered:

https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store...Heng_Long.html

Steve
Old 01-03-2018, 09:48 PM
sturmgescheutz

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Steve,
please send me your adress by mail or PM, I will send you 4mm axles.

Could you attach photo from your idler wheels here?

You do not have wrong idler wheels, but a plastic tub where only self-tapping screws hold.

regards,Guido
Old 01-09-2018, 05:54 PM
maillemaker

Pulled my idler on my Heng Long metal upgrade tank today. Here you can see what I have to work with:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DRPhA2xl.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	2250555

Name:	IenQNte.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	711.1 KB
ID:	2250556

The screw evidently is a shoulder screw which is intended to provide a shaft for the wheel to ride on. But it is not a close fit and there is substantial play in the wheel which allows the tracks to jump on the idler.

So I assume this wheel will not do with the Hennetec axle?

Here is the Taigen "Jagdpanther" wheel, but it does not look correct in the picture - it has "3" stacked wheels not two:
PANTHER G & JAGDPANTHER METAL DRIVE WHEELS AND IDLER WHEELS SET

Maybe this one is what I need?

PANTHER G/F AUSF G METAL DRIVE & IDLER WHEEL SET

The latter appears to have some kind of bearing.

Also I assume I will be cutting away the plastic boss on the Heng Long hull?

Steve
Old 01-09-2018, 09:07 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to buy the idler set for the metal lower hull. They ise an axle with set screw like Tamiya does. The stock Heng Long junk uses a sheet metal screw to hold the in place LOL. The ones in the link appear to be right. Make sure they are for the metal lower hull and you are good.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:17 AM
maillemaker

So this is the one I need?

PANTHER G/F AUSF G METAL DRIVE & IDLER WHEEL SET

By the way, the Heng Long unit is not a sheet metal screw. It is a self-tapping shoulder screw.

Steve
Old 01-10-2018, 06:40 AM
yellowshaker

Yes that should do the trick.
And "sheet metal screw" was a just my attempt at humor. They should be using a fine thread screw going into metal. Plastic wears out and fatigues and cracks and...etc
Old 01-10-2018, 09:39 AM
maillemaker

Yup. I actually thought I would find a sheet metal screw, and was surprised to find they at least attempted to use a plastic-tapping shoulder screw!

Steve
Old 01-11-2018, 07:06 AM
maillemaker

OK I ordered the Taigen wheels.

Steve
Old 01-12-2018, 02:54 PM
maillemaker

I received my Hennetec axle.

The instructions are in German. Does anyone have instructions in English?

I used Google Translate and it looks decent but I'd prefer clear instructions if they are available. I emailed forgebear we'll see if they have some, too.

einbauhilfe fur das kettenspannsystem art.nr.014 (neue ausf.)

wichtig:die Spannbuchsen konnen mit eingebauter ruckwand verbaut werden!

benotigte werkzeuge:
bohrmashine, dremel, rundfeile, 4mm und 10mm bohrer, schraubendreher, 1.55mm / 2mm
imbusschlussel, wichtig: schraubensicherung fur die einstellschrauben verwenden.

schritt 1.
leitrad entfernen, danach den anguss an der u-wanne entfernen

schritt 2.
ermitteln der bohrlocher, anzeichnen und bohren. die vorhandene aufnhame des leitrades auf 4mm aufbohren, extender einfuhren und auf ca. 11:00 uhr drehen, den ermittelten punkt auf 10mm aufbohren, darin sizt spater die spannbuchse. auf der linken seite auf ca 13:00 uhr (seitenverkehrt).

Schritt 3.
Ermitteln der Befestigungsbohrungen, die spannbuchsen konnen als bohrschablone genutzt werden. einbauen unc verschrauben der spannbuchsen (links/rechts beacthen).

Schritt 4.
Einfuhren der exenter und der messingwelle, stellring gegen eine seite drucken und verschrauben.

Schritt 5.
Leitrader und ketten aufziehen, fluchten dann verschrauben.
Der achsstift der Leitrader mub gekurzt werden.

Wichtig: die beiliegenden beilagscheiben sind zum fluchten vorgesehen, die scheiben werden zwischen spannbuschse und exenter gesetzt.installation aid for the chain tensioning system art.nr.014 (new version)

---------------------------

important: the clamping bushes can be installed with built-in back wall!

needed tools:
Drilling machine, dremel, circular file, 4mm and 10mm drill, screwdriver, 1.55mm / 2mm
Allen key, important: use screw lock for the adjusting screws.

Step 1.
Remove the diffuser, then remove the sprue on the u-pan

step 2.
detecting boreholes, drawing and drilling. Drill the existing hub of the guide wheel to 4mm, insert extender and turn it to about 11:00 o'clock, drill the determined point to 10mm, in it later the tension bush sits. on the left side at about 13:00 o'clock (reversed).

Step 3.
Determining the fixing holes, the clamping bushes can be used as a drilling template. Install and screw in the bushings (left / right beacthen).

Step 4.
Imports of the eccentric and brass shafts, press the collar against one side and screw it tight.

Step 5.
Draw up the cogwheels and chains, then align them.
The achsstift of the Leitrader must be shortened.

Important: the enclosed washers are intended for alignment, the discs are placed between the bush and the exenter.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:22 PM
maillemaker

I found this thread here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-t...r-install.html

With a translation.

It looks like to find the location of the main axle hole, after you grind away the original plastic mounting boss you position the main axle of the Henntec unit over the original hole location, and then rotate the swing arm to the 11 o'clock position. The hole from the swing arm thus becomes the drill point for the main Henntec axle unit.

Is this right?

Steve
Old 01-12-2018, 03:38 PM
maillemaker

I'm not sure I received the right axle, though it is labeled right. Mine does not have the big silver washer on it shown here:

Name:	bbWcWaG.png
Views:	50
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	2250860

Here is mine:

Name:	5g8jzd7.png
Views:	93
Size:	669.2 KB
ID:	2250861

Steve
Old 01-12-2018, 04:04 PM
maillemaker

In this thread here you can see a guy doing a plastic HL Jagdpanther and see the big silver washer he had:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-t...l#post10077523

My kit does not have that. The instructions just show the main black housing on the outside of the tank hull, and the nuts on the inside.

Steve
Old 01-13-2018, 05:06 AM
sturmgescheutz

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Steve,

be happy,because you have bought the updated tensioner. The tensoiner became an update 2016,forgebear had not updated his fotos in ebay.

The installing is with the updated version much more simple and the screws are bigger and more stable.

Have a look in my shop,there you can see the actual items.

regards,Guido
Old 01-13-2018, 07:57 AM
maillemaker

Hi Guido,
I was examining the item last night, and noticed that with the built-in flange on the outside of the tank, the height works out exactly to the height of the original plastic mounting boss. So I can see how it works without the backing washer.

Thanks!
Steve
Old 01-17-2018, 07:00 AM
maillemaker

I received my Taigen Jagdpanther G drive and idler wheel sets from Imex. The idlers are very nice with bearings and shaft pre-installed and they are nice and tight.

The drive wheels seem to match exactly. The idler wheels are slightly larger than the Heng Long originals. Did I get the right ones?

I suppose the slight size difference won't matter especially with the tension adjustment.

Name:	JB5fP1S.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	2251425
Old 01-17-2018, 09:47 AM
yellowshaker

Size won't matter in this case. One may be an early version, but not sure about that.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:23 AM
maillemaker

I've got a late-model Heng Long Jagdpanther.

Steve
Old 01-20-2018, 08:04 PM
maillemaker

So my installation of the Henntec tensioner is progressing along. I will make a full English write-up with pictures when I'm done. It is important to note that there are left and right main bushings. You want to install them so that their set screw is facing rearward so that it can be manipulated when the assembly is finished.

I can tell already that there is far less slop in the idler wheels than with the stock idler.

Two questions:

Does anyone know what size Allen wrench I need for the tiny set screw that holds the wheel and collar in place?

Also, does someone make a tiny nut driver for the screws that go through the hull? It's hard to get them tight with pliers. I know they do not have to be very tight but I don't want the nuts coming loose. I will probably put a drop of super glue on the shafts when done so they can't come off.

Steve

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.