Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

AeroPanda RC ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 11:15 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default AeroPanda RC ??

Just bumped into these by accident. AeroPanda??

https://www.aeropanda.com/

24 channels?? $2400 bucks ??
This revolutionary, digital, 24 Channel (24 Channels & 8 Remote Commands), 2.4GHz & 900MHz, dual frequency, triple redundant (2x 2.4GHz, 1x 900MHz RF Modules) frequency hopping radio system is fully designed and manufactured by Jeti Model in the Czech republic. This is one of the most advanced radio systems on today's market. With their solid CNC aluminum case with a fully integrated five (5) antennas, a mini USB port, built-in speaker, headset jack. Metal transmitter gimbals with Hall sensors (4096 step resolution) and integrated vibration feedback (Stick Shaker), 9 ball bearings for precision movement, a large 320x240 color, backlight display and many other features the Jeti DC/DS-24s are sure to become the new standard in transmitter performance.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!
Old 02-03-2018, 05:56 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Yep. What about them?
Old 02-03-2018, 08:05 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Yep. What about them?
At this time with quite a few options of good quality systems at relative low prices a $2400 system of a
relatively little known brand from Czechoslovakia rather stands out...

I'm not saying they aren't worth it and I'm sure if one has $10-15k (or more) in the air you want to know the control system
is the best their is.

It's a study in contrasts. Many here in this hobby blanch at the thought of forking over a few hundred for anything...

jerry
Old 02-03-2018, 08:29 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

I gotcha.

Well they aren't unknown, the flying guys have been using them for several years and many with many thousands invested in jets and such fly them. Holding them they feel like a fine German motorcar in your hands.

They are also a bit complicated to wrap your head around the programming, have excellent telemetry and integration with things like the Demon Cortex gyros, fuel flow meters etc.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:53 PM
armornut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I wouldn't blink an eye on that if I had many thousands of dollars in the air...tanks generally don't vaporize when there's a crash...these super cool jets and helicopters they turn into pic up sticks pretty quick.

I still would pay more for a radio like the F 14...that was a cool set up for tanks and constru tion equipment
Old 02-04-2018, 10:06 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More TX's that aren't quite so bling are the Servonaut, Brixl, Graupner stuff. I'm currently looking at a Servonaut for my excavator. Like most of these high channel Tx's you can do it by "levels" Have your 12 or so channels and a simple hit of switch sets selected gimbals and switches to a new "level" of new command channels. Essentially you can daisy chain 2 RX's or slave off of one and lose 1st level while controlling 2nd level. Also this is still minded towards r/c construction with the sliders for track movements. You can also up grade for not much to true 3D sticks so you have a rotating stick to control things such as tracks or door gunner, fire hose, etc.

Last edited by TheBennyB; 02-04-2018 at 10:17 PM.