RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hello from SD

Old 02-13-2018, 12:22 PM
GUTS

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hello from SD

Hi fellows, I'm the new guy here to hang out with you. I bought a HL Abrams last summer and thought it was a blast so I have since bought six more. I've got a decent back yard so I have a pretty good time tanking around there. So far I've put a little over 2000 rounds of good bb's through the Abrams, Tiger I, Tiger II, Sherman, and the T34. They have all held up fairly well. I had to fix the gun on the Sherman when I got it but all the rest have worked fine. I replaced the tracks, wheels and sprockets with metal on the Tiger I and I have run the crap out of it since last summer and the original plastic gears are still working. The King Tiger never has shot very well, the bb's sometimes hit the muzzle brake. The Abrams, ZTZ99, Tiger I, and the Leopard shoot the best, easily 75ft(that's how long my backyard is)enough to shoot at the squirrels when they sit on the fence. I just got the ZTZ99 and the Leopard last week so I haven't had them outside(it's still winter here)but I have driven them around the garage, they work real well. I ordered the T90 a few days ago and I can't wait to check it out. As soon as it gets nicer out and the snow leaves I will be battling it out in the back yard. I'm 60, retired and I restore motorcycles for a hobby and I look forward to hanging out with you guys,

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1617_zps2movve5x.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	2254506

Name:	IMG_1619_zpsbikvgzzc.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	2254507

Name:	IMG_3058_zpsvquegxgf.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	2254508

Name:	IMG_3063_zpss3nfome9.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	2254509

Name:	IMG_1964_zpsplxerk4l.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	2254510

Name:	IMG_1969_zpsc0itpaq9.jpg
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	2254511

Name:	IMG_1883_zpszgovcir7.jpg
Size:	269.1 KB
ID:	2254512

Name:	IMG_1860_zpswn854jce.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	2254513
Old 02-13-2018, 12:49 PM
Shorty54

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Ho neighbor!
Welcome to the forum.
Nice bunch of tanks you have acquired!
Plenty of help and advice here when you need it.

Shad
Old 02-13-2018, 03:48 PM
GUTS

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks! Your only 250 miles east of me, practically neighbors. For now my plastic tanks work great for what I do with them. I put all the metal on the Tiger I just because I couldn't resist having at least one with some metal on it. I do want to replace the gear box because from what I've read it will fail at some point from the extra load, which is the best currently? I have been thinking of replacing the main gun on a couple of them but after lots of searching I can't seem to find anything but stock replacements. I may have to go the modify it route. I ran the Abrams gun through my chronograph and through 5 shots it was from 99 to 101fps, pretty slow. Is there a good replacement gun or is modifying the stock gun the only option?
Old 02-13-2018, 05:48 PM
Shorty54

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Your best bet for upgrades would be through Taigen Tanks https://www.taigentanks.com/ Erik works there and is a good guy and is active on the forum.
Check out their website, they are out of Florida. Their newer gearboxes are good upgrades.
I can't help you much with the guns, as my Tanks are IR. You should get plenty of help here on the forum though.
Just ask away and be patient, many of us still have full time jobs, lol. Maybe start a thread on a specific question
otherwise the responses will be all over the place.

Search this Thread