Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

A.C.E/AAF Tank Museum Battle Weekend. March 16-18 2018.

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

A.C.E/AAF Tank Museum Battle Weekend. March 16-18 2018.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:52 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1qaz
Thank you for the education Benny B! Also those are some fantastic photo's of the battle field. I am scared that if the wife & I go to another AAF event I will leave with another new tank kit in the car! To me the fun part is building and airbrushing the model, I am looking to add another tank to my arsenal of destruction But which one?
Thanks again for the good info,
No sweat Larry, If you want my opinion I'd go Pershing or Panther. Both solid runners out of the box and would add a heavy tank to your motor pool. Also don't worry who's hosting, just get to events that you can. This last ACE event we went back to basics and just rolled out team working as the main scope of the weekend. Only had CO's/platoon leaders, no XO's and no recoveries, minefields, refueiling, etc. Want to get operators excited about how you can have some real fun working as a team and crushing through the enemy. Once we get people up to speed again we'll start adding variables if the crowd is progressing and having fun.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:08 AM
1qaz

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Thank you BennyB, I have one last question then I will stop bothering you. Does anyone at Danville have any experience with the Tamiya JS-2 tank kit? I am thinking about going with the JS-2 because it seems like Tigers & Panthers are very popular at the event. I find it really hard to believe that Tamiya does not make a T-34 since it was the predominate Russian tank during WWII.
Hopefully Brenda & I will see you guys at the next Danville event
Old 03-21-2018, 09:12 AM
TheBennyB

Yes, there are a couple IS-2's people have built and battle at Danville. Only big issues is with the turret, you glue it together so getting back in to fix a recoil, elevation unit, IR base, etc. is kind of a pain. I've seen some people window out the bottom of the turret so they can get screwdrivers in to adjust or fix anything inside the turret.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:52 AM
Maccrage

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Lol.
If I didn't know better, I'd swear those horses were real and posing for you.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:37 AM
manchu9inf

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't forget the next Danville battle weekend is Saturday April 21. it will be here before you know it!
Old 03-26-2018, 10:46 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Great photos thanks for sharing them!!!
Old 03-27-2018, 04:14 PM
TheBennyB

Best of those photo's for me are when Colin stepped up to be CO ( early teenager in green vest.) He did a great job coming up with a game plan and checking in on his platoon leaders during the battle to see where he needed to adjust. Always hard to get volunteers especially for a leadership role. Great job Colin!

Last edited by TheBennyB; 03-27-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:45 AM
skip2a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBennyB
Best of those photo's for me are when Colin stepped up to be CO ( early teenager in green vest.) He did a great job coming up with a game plan and checking in on his platoon leaders during the battle to see where he needed to adjust. Always hard to get volunteers especially for a leadership role. Great job Colin!
I was so proud of him! I love museum weekends with him. I can let him be his own person and not have to hover over him like a hawk to make sure he is safe. Every time we attend an event I see a change in him: he is making new friends, doing his own thing, having fun, learning and growing mentally.

He has been researching Panthers and is ready to start his build. I am excited to watch him complete the project.

He really wants an ACE shirt (Just sayin').

Skip

Last edited by skip2a; 03-28-2018 at 04:46 AM. Reason: additional info