Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

taigen 360 roation kit...didnt work well

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

taigen 360 roation kit...didnt work well

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 01:59 PM
luv2flywarbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default taigen 360 rotation kit...didnt work well

i put taigen 360 roation kit on my plastic panther g tank... it work for a little while and then turret was getting stuck...i followed direction and placed the wires with double sided tape inside of turret (i tried 3 differnt locations inside turret rt side, back and lt side. 360 deg roation was working ok until i put the barrel up down and moved all direction. one time 360 roation wire got stuck inside turret gear...
i even tied the 360 roation kit wire on top of the tank thinking it will float inside the tank, it worked little while but got stuck again. disapponted...now i am to orginal 320 rotation kit
i will try it on tigen plastic tiger1 later

Last edited by luv2flywarbird; 03-02-2018 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

The 360 kit comes with a gear ring that holds the slip ring and wires in place. Did you not use this?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TAG120622.1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	2256580  
Old 03-01-2018, 09:49 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Hi Erik, The 360 Turret ring is sold in two variants that I know of,
A metal ring with Three bearings to ease the Load on the Turret and I have not seen one with the Cut out for the "Slip ring",
And the ABS 360 Turret Ring (No Bearings) which does have the Cut out for the Slip ring,
So maybe Mr "Luvtoflywarbird" was using a 360 Metal Ring without the cut out for the Slip Ring.
Just a thought,
. Shaun..
Old 03-02-2018, 05:27 AM
luv2flywarbird

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
The 360 kit comes with a gear ring that holds the slip ring and wires in place. Did you not use this?
i used taigen 360 kit w/o turret mech. gun and for airsoft unit. i used slip ring and followed direction and placed leads with double side tape inside turret but i noticed it comes out sometimes when i move turret up and down and rotate the turret couple of times...
Old 03-02-2018, 06:02 AM
luv2flywarbird

i rotated the the turret to left 3 times, maybe your not suppose to rotate it in one diretion multiple times??? while moving the barrel up and down???
Old 03-02-2018, 06:13 AM
Imex-Erik

Oh so you are saying the daughter board that is placed inside your turret came undone with then got a wire caught? I see now, you should be able to repair the wire with no real issues there. Just when you place that little board back in there add a drop or two of hot glue to hold it in place. The slip ring is made to infinitely spin so you can spin for a whole battery while shooting and elevating if you want. However you want to make sure you don't have any tension on the cables and that your firing unit doesn't put pressure or pull on the cabling as well.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:19 AM
luv2flywarbird

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Oh so you are saying the daughter board that is placed inside your turret came undone with then got a wire caught? I see now, you should be able to repair the wire with no real issues there. Just when you place that little board back in there add a drop or two of hot glue to hold it in place. The slip ring is made to infinitely spin so you can spin for a whole battery while shooting and elevating if you want. However you want to make sure you don't have any tension on the cables and that your firing unit doesn't put pressure or pull on the cabling as well.
no not daughter board the slip ring comes off the socket that is provided in the 360 rotation gear
and yes i made sure when barrel in moving up down the wires are not getting caught in anything.

Last edited by luv2flywarbird; 03-02-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:05 AM
luv2flywarbird

this is from my experience do far...
there is nothing catchng or holding the slip ring from the bottom. slip ring has to be inserted vertically up. for slip ring to not to come out its socket, the location of daughter boared inside of turret has to be near slip ring socket (on the 360 rotation gear) because when you rotate turret and move barrel, placing daughter board in wrong location can pull out the slip ring from its socket. you have to make sure when barrel is moving up & down & when turret is rotating its not pulling any wires.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:21 AM
luv2flywarbird

so in summery
when i moved barrel & turret couple of times i hear clicking noise and barrel or turret gets stuck.
it seems like its worse when i elevate barrel all the way up and rotate the turret. because wheni have turret in mid. and rotate it didnt get stuck. when turret or barrel is making clicking noise and gets stuck i carefully remove the tank hall and looked to see what was wrong, i saw that either slip ring was out of its socket sometimes( i already explained that i tried 3 differnt location for daughter board to see which one is best in relation to slip ring so it dors not come out of its socket) and sometimes slip ring was in the socket but the wires got tangled.

Last edited by luv2flywarbird; 03-02-2018 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:49 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Sounds like you have the turret ring on upside down. It should hold the slip ring with support from the bottom.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:02 AM
luv2flywarbird

thats what i thought too but i tried that way it does not fit that way to the turret, there is no clearance on the turret for it to fit that way, and pic on manual says otherwise
Old 03-02-2018, 12:57 PM
Imex-Erik

Make sure you have a Taigen turret to go with your tank. Do not try and swap brands, things are not going to be made cross compatible anymore
Old 03-02-2018, 02:10 PM
luv2flywarbird

ok i installed same taigen 360 rotation kit that i used in taigen plastic panther g in taigen plastic tiger late version and guesd what it works fine. so may be turret size has something to do with it ? i dont know...i will try installing on taige pershing next
Old 03-02-2018, 04:18 PM
luv2flywarbird

i also placed 360 kit on taigen pershing and it works fine
Old 03-02-2018, 06:55 PM
luv2flywarbird

thank u for all your help gentleman
Old 03-13-2018, 12:20 PM
luv2flywarbird

ok with tiaigen panther g
i shorten the wires coming of the sister board by taping it with tape inside of turret and it seems to ne ok