Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Superglue debonder?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 10:42 AM
maillemaker

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Superglue debonder?

I would like to remove the tools from the hull of my plastic Heng Long Sherman as part of a repaint. Will super glue debonder work? Will the debonder attack the plastic hull and tools?

https://www.amazon.com/Bob-Smith-Ind.../dp/B0000DD1QS

Steve
Old 04-16-2018, 02:40 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Steve It all depends on the age of your Sherman.
If it is an old model then the tools will be moulded on and will have to be cut off using an exacto blade and a file and a lot of patience,
, A tip if you do have to cut moulded tools off a Tank the first thing to do is to surround the area with Duct tape, that way you wont damage the surrounding parts of the tank.
if it is a newer model then the tools are not glued on and can be POPPED off by getting a blade underneath the tool and lifting it free,
Of course if you glued them on then I would recommend "ZAP 7" Debonder but other debonders are available just make sure that it is not for separating glued fingers and other parts of your person as the formula is different..
Old 04-16-2018, 05:10 PM
maillemaker

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

They are glued on because I glued them on during assembly.

So you recommend Zap 7 debonder?

Steve
Old 04-16-2018, 11:48 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Yes BUT I suggest you remove the Tank Body and apply the debonder quite freely from underneath the tools before you think of using it topside,
Once it has been applied gently I SAID GENTLY!! start to work the item needing removal and it will come free,.
And with debonders it is very important that you clean it off any surface of your Tank once you have finished with it.