Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

IMEX, Taigen & Waltersons Tank News

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

IMEX, Taigen & Waltersons Tank News

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 06:50 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Default IMEX, Taigen & Waltersons Tank News

Hey guys,
Ok so I just got back from a long visit with both Taigen and Waltersons and I even saw Heng Long at the Beijing Hobby Show actually even. I seen just about everyone Now down to news, that is what you want anyways, not the beautiful pictures of the country or the funny stories I have

IMEX: Yes we hear your wants for construction and war vehicles. The current ones we have up are decent and the excavator isn't bad actually but we have big plans for this year including an ALL metal 1/16th excavator that is both high quality and affordable. I've had one I've been testing and helped them make a nice new one with better electronics as well. It will be all plugs and super easy to fix if something goes wrong too. Transmitter has a screen with telemetry (rx/tx voltage and signal strength), and it has plenty of torque to dig a hole. I'll get some video here soon when the workload decreases a bit on the tanks. War vehicles are on our list though I don't have much more to share on that subject yet.
Taigen: I have the Leopard at the warehouse and will get some pictures of it soon. New upper hull with sliding hatch, all new metal turret, and of course our metal lower hull to match. It will be here July/Aug or so though of course I'll try to push for asap. They were on the production line when I was there. The Leopard now has magnets for the turret passive wedge armor and it works pretty well actually and looks good. Turret is smooth, everything is on plugs. It will have the newest electronics including a new Leopard sound card to go with it too. The JS-2 is awesome and the hinge system works really well. It will also have the newest electronics and it's own sounds too. It is using a new type of more durable paint and also has some great texture to it too. Switches are on the inside, latch in the front bottom, seems pretty secure and should be easy to open and swap batteries. The T-34 has received a small quality of life update and the lower chassis had an update to remove the switch panel from the bottom outside of the hull and is now mounted on the top of the bottom hull and is accessible from the front hatch. This should be seen later this year hopefully. Found out what is coming after the JS-2 and wow was that a surprise. Not ready to announce that yet but definitely a good one.
Waltersons: Waltersons recently purchased both VS Tanks and Forces of Valor. This includes both the model and RC division of FoV. FoV will be getting upgrades to both design and electronics and will also be making lots of new models. There will be lots of new 24th scale tanks, the next two are the Pershing and King Tiger though there is also a MLRS and at least 6 more or so I'm not sure I can say of yet (I'll ask him on that one). FoV will also have lots of models and diecast stuff for us to play with too. VS Tanks will be continuing and getting the same treatment of updated molds, better electronics, and new models. They purchased a whole new huge factory to deal with all the new stuff and are about ready to start pumping out some stuff at full speed. The T-72 has all kinds of new stuff coming. In fact it is all new. Every bit of it. Nothing shared with anyone or other tank manufacturer. The design of the gearbox is similar to others in the way it operates mechanically, but doesn't look the same and materials are chosen for that specific purpose. Smoker is completely different, sound system is very rich and is a custom ported box, separate up and down elevation with current sensing for detecting max travel, all new firing systems, separate sound card like Taigen does (with planned Open Panzer compatibility!), torsion bar suspension, on/off switch built into the battery bay, and a special turret feature soon to be announced. They are going all out on this one, it is going to be both super nice and well priced. It is going to be offered in a diy kit form and RC version too with the possibility of multiple types such as static, base, upgraded, plastic, etc depending on demand and such. The kit is expected to be done June/July and we should have it shortly after that. The RC version will come after that, though the model kit can be RC'd. I'll get more details on how the release for that will unfold as it gets closer. The T-72 is on the last external mold now, just getting the final details on the turret, the cast texture is proving hard to get 100% accurate which is his goal. Then the small stuff!

Let me know if you got more questions!

T-72 Early attempts for texture, almost there!

Pictures before paint, accessories, and power switch.

Pictures before paint, accessories, and power switch. This picture also has the front fenders removed too.

Taigen T-34/85 Switch Panel Update
Old 04-24-2018, 07:14 PM
armornut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the update. I like that T 72. Looking forward to all the cool things to come!
Old 04-24-2018, 07:21 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good info...thanks.

If I'm reading it correctly, the T-72 is from Waltersons and not Taigen or HL, correct?

The new V3 board and sound cards...
- what sound cards are available? PzIII, Tiger, Pershing, Abrams, etc?
- when the switch is flipped to turn off the track recoil, does it also turn off the sound for the cannon firing?

Any chance anyone is thinking about correcting the HL/Taigen Pershing or Bulldog?
Old 04-24-2018, 07:47 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by armornut
Thanks for the update. I like that T 72. Looking forward to all the cool things to come!
Agreed!
Originally Posted by philipat
Good info...thanks.

If I'm reading it correctly, the T-72 is from Waltersons and not Taigen or HL, correct?

The new V3 board and sound cards...
- what sound cards are available? PzIII, Tiger, Pershing, Abrams, etc?
- when the switch is flipped to turn off the track recoil, does it also turn off the sound for the cannon firing?

Any chance anyone is thinking about correcting the HL/Taigen Pershing or Bulldog?
That is correct, Waltersons is making their own stuff from scratch with nothing shared. Please don't plan on purchasing other stuff and it fitting is what I'm trying to say such as electronics or other stuff like gearboxes. Waltersons is now a considerable player in the RC tank business, however their reach in the 1/16th is just this tank atm.
The V3 boards... yes first of all I am sorry for the wait on those. We ran out of V2 as well and that was the delay... there were none More sounds are coming, The Leopard is first, then JS-2, though the Panther, M4, and one other are pretty close to being done. I'm pushing for these too. The switch does not turn off the sound for the cannon, just the recoil from the tracks. Just remember if you dry fire to either rotate the turret or move the tank a bit. I'm 50/50 on this one but you guys want it so best to just give the option right? Seems like the best and simple option, no software and just on or off option. And the M-41 or Pershing I would just have to see how many requests I get You would be surprised at what is popular and not, I know for sure more US stuff is coming, that is confirmed and happening.

Last edited by Imex-Erik; 04-24-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:20 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik

That is correct, Waltersons is making their own stuff from scratch with nothing shared. Please don't plan on purchasing other stuff and it fitting is what I'm trying to say such as electronics or other stuff like gearboxes. Waltersons is now a considerable player in the RC tank business, however their reach in the 1/16th is just this tank atm.
It's a nice looking tank. We'll have to see how it runs and how the electronics hold up. Will it be IR-only, or will there be an airsoft option? Oh, and given the number of mods that get produced by this forum's users, you may have just thrown down the gauntlet. ("...don't plan on purchasing other stuff and it fitting...")

The V3 boards... yes first of all I am sorry for the wait on those. We ran out of V2 as well and that was the delay... there were none More sounds are coming, The Leopard is first, then JS-2, though the Panther, M4, and one other are pretty close to being done. I'm pushing for these too. The switch does not turn off the sound for the cannon, just the recoil from the tracks. Just remember if you dry fire to either rotate the turret or move the tank a bit. I'm 50/50 on this one but you guys want it so best to just give the option right? Seems like the best and simple option, no software and just on or off option.
Simple is always a good solution. Usually the most durable, too. Hopefully, your video or a cheat sheet will offer a complete run-down of what is different between the V2 and V3 boards. A detailed side-by-side comparison would help to decide if I should upgrade. Heck, throw in the comparison with a V1 and you might convince a few more.

And the M-41 or Pershing I would just have to see how many requests I get You would be surprised at what is popular and not, I know for sure more US stuff is coming, that is confirmed and happening.
I have both hands in the air for both tanks. Don't know if that counts for anything. haha
Old 04-24-2018, 08:49 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by philipat
It's a nice looking tank. We'll have to see how it runs and how the electronics hold up. Will it be IR-only, or will there be an airsoft option? Oh, and given the number of mods that get produced by this forum's users, you may have just thrown down the gauntlet. ("...don't plan on purchasing other stuff and it fitting...")
Simple is always a good solution. Usually the most durable, too. Hopefully, your video or a cheat sheet will offer a complete run-down of what is different between the V2 and V3 boards. A detailed side-by-side comparison would help to decide if I should upgrade. Heck, throw in the comparison with a V1 and you might convince a few more.
I have both hands in the air for both tanks. Don't know if that counts for anything. haha
-I just meant the Waltersons tank is all new and nothing is reused or inspired from. Everything is all new and is meant to be a killer from the start. Not everything has to be metal as you guys know but some things do. I think this one has a pretty darn good mix of both. The speakers, smoke unit, electronics, and even connectors are different (good though, moving away from old Tamiya/Molex!). This is a good thing, I'm pretty sure you guys are always asking for something new right?
-Pretty sure the 1/16th available in either option. I can't comment much more than that atm, but I did just send him a message and asked, should know by tomorrow.
-Yea remember its only a few tanks I've had an issue with, I can't recreate it across multiple batches. I've not had a ton of reports though we have made a new receiver that seems to fix most user's issues. I will however go over it though in a separate thread and we can discuss it there were I can gather info on the boards themselves and we can check solutions. I myself went to the factory with problem boards in hand sent to me by customers but when we tested stuff from the same batch they had there the issues were not present and the boards could both hit and receive. It is possible some may be defective or the receivers are at fault, this is what I need to figure out and fix for you guys. I'll start a thread soon when I get settled down. My first task is to catch up on missed people and dealers and make sure everything is good and then I can get onto this and a few other stuff.

Remember to use the promo code: RCULOVE to get a free gift on our site if you order and leave me your RCU name so I can put a name to a name
Old 04-24-2018, 09:14 PM
Maccrage

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Are the skirts on the T72 the rubber they appear to be?
Old 04-24-2018, 09:19 PM
armornut

-I just meant the Waltersons tank is all new and nothing is reused or inspired from. Everything is all new and is meant to be a killer from the start. Not everything has to be metal as you guys know but some things do. I think this one has a pretty darn good mix of both. The speakers, smoke unit, electronics, and even connectors are different (good though, moving away from old Tamiya/Molex!). This is a good thing, I'm pretty sure you guys are always asking for something new right?
-Pretty sure the 1/16th available in either option. I can't comment much more than that atm, but I did just send him a message and asked, should know by tomorrow.
Interesting. Can't wait to hear and see more on this one.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:05 PM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the update Erik
Old 04-25-2018, 05:22 AM
tiger rampage

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Maccrage
According to the Waltersons facebook page the skirts are rubber.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:27 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Maccrage
Correct, the black pictured is a tough rubber compound. Not too hard but still a bit flexible.
Originally Posted by armornut
Interesting. Can't wait to hear and see more on this one.
I'll have it before anyone else if all goes well here in the US for testing and more. Oh and confirmed both airsoft and infrared versions are coming, talked to him this morning.
Originally Posted by Markocaster
Thanks for the update Erik
Of course! If I got it and can share it I will.
Originally Posted by tiger rampage
According to the Waltersons facebook page the skirts are rubber.
Confirmed If there is something else you want to ask them let me know and I'll see what I can do as well. I can't promise an answer to all but I'll bother them here and there for everyone.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:35 AM
Shorty54

Questions on sound cards;

1- Is each "Tank Sound" a different card? Or will new sounds be able to be downloaded to card?
2- Do the sound cards include incoming, hit, and destroyed sounds?

Thanks,
Shad
Old 04-25-2018, 08:42 AM
Roboticus_Prime

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I eagerly await more news.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:14 AM
trackmech81

Im kinda excited about the excavator. Any ideas on price range? Not asking about exact but .....less than $500?
Old 04-25-2018, 12:12 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Can you elaborate on what future US tanks/ vehicles are in the works?

Changing connectors from tamiya/ molex?.... bad idea. Those are a standard that most use and most batteries come with them. We’re not the race car hobby. Most of the guys in our group all run stock connectors.
Changing new tanks makes a backwards compatible issue for existing tank owners.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:29 PM
BcuriousR

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Waltersons rant: Last year I bought a 1/24th Tiger from Imex/Taigen. It had a bad gearbox. I was told to contact the manufacturer. So, through facebook I began a conversation in June. Waltersons said they would replace the gearbox. Each consecutive month they said it was on it's way. On Dec. 31st they said it had been shipped and would give me a tracking number. I have not heard from them since. I send them monthly messages just to remind them I'm still here. I've bought all 4 of their current 1/24th offerings, but will not buy anymore. Maybe the wrong thread for this comment, but when you've been slighted you share it where others may benefit.

Last edited by BcuriousR; 04-25-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:06 PM
tiger rampage

Looking forward to all the new releases but still hoping for an M-60 or Centurion.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:14 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

If your a builder ludwig offers a centurian kit, just looked it over today. But its more costly than a tamiya.
dklm is supposed to release their m60 any day. IF its not a ridiculas price im considdering it.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:24 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update Eric, is the 1/16 excavator going to be in the price range of the Huina?
Old 04-25-2018, 07:38 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi Erik
"I have both hands in the air for both tanks. (M41 & M26)" - Me too!

Also for Bulldoggers - there's a new Bore Evacuator & Muzzle Brake available from Shapeways, fits a 3/8in (9.53mm) K & S Brass tube, that slips over the airsoft gun alloy tube, its much more to scale than the HL version.
Did a review on it - M41 T Muzzle Brake & Bore Evac - X 3D Kits via Shapeways -

Mal
Old 04-25-2018, 07:45 PM
tiger rampage

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
If your a builder ludwig offers a centurian kit, just looked it over today. But its more costly than a tamiya.
dklm is supposed to release their m60 any day. IF its not a ridiculas price im considdering it.
I have seen those Rich but they are a bit cost prohibitive for me. I’m hoping for a rtr from taigen or Heng Long.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:15 AM
Crisaman

Hi Erik

Any photos of the Leopard 2 Metal Edition?
Old 04-26-2018, 11:20 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Shorty54
Questions on sound cards;

1- Is each "Tank Sound" a different card? Or will new sounds be able to be downloaded to card?
2- Do the sound cards include incoming, hit, and destroyed sounds?

Thanks,
Shad
1- Yes, new sounds for each board. The sounds cannot be changed on each card, they are programmed at the factory.
2- Yes
Originally Posted by trackmech81
Im kinda excited about the excavator. Any ideas on price range? Not asking about exact but .....less than $500?
Somewhere around that price range. It is an ALL metal excavator and all new electronics and boards too. Been working with them to keep it simple and work on the QC at the same time.
Originally Posted by RichJohnson
Can you elaborate on what future US tanks/ vehicles are in the works?

Changing connectors from tamiya/ molex?.... bad idea. Those are a standard that most use and most batteries come with them. We’re not the race car hobby. Most of the guys in our group all run stock connectors.
Changing new tanks makes a backwards compatible issue for existing tank owners.
Nope, cant talk about anymore than that right yet unfortunately, but definitely one is coming soon and I'm not talking about an Abrams
The connectors I personally hate, the molex (Taimya) is the worst connector I've EVER used. Around 20A or so it starts to melt and insertion rates are drastically low to even a Deans/T-Plug connector which is also super dangerous if you have it on a charger or on a octopus cable while charging without a cover. A better one would be either an XT30/60 or an EC3 plug even. However the big issue with that is most of those plugs are for lipos and many customers would use lipos instead of the recommended batteries and start many fires. Even hobby shops have trouble charging batteries these days (one BIG one burnt down last year because the tech charged an incorrect battery on a setting) so I think we might be stuck with the crappy Tamiya connectors for a while. However if I ever get a say it WILL be changed to at least a Deans/T-Plug. It is a horrible design and is very due for an update. An adapter is cheap as beans or better yet I would sell the plugs on the site for cheap for those who need to switch, in fact I already sell Deans/T-Plug power cables on the site we make here
Originally Posted by BcuriousR
Waltersons rant: Last year I bought a 1/24th Tiger from Imex/Taigen. It had a bad gearbox. I was told to contact the manufacturer. So, through facebook I began a conversation in June. Waltersons said they would replace the gearbox. Each consecutive month they said it was on it's way. On Dec. 31st they said it had been shipped and would give me a tracking number. I have not heard from them since. I send them monthly messages just to remind them I'm still here. I've bought all 4 of their current 1/24th offerings, but will not buy anymore. Maybe the wrong thread for this comment, but when you've been slighted you share it where others may benefit.
That is a strange one, they are usually very good about that. Send me an email and forward me your email with them in it and I'll talk to him myself ok?
Originally Posted by tiger rampage
Looking forward to all the new releases but still hoping for an M-60 or Centurion.
There are two people working on an M-60, wouldn't make sense for us to make one at this point IMO.
Originally Posted by TheBennyB
Thanks for the update Eric, is the 1/16 excavator going to be in the price range of the Huina?
The best I can say is around the $500ish mark. Might be more, might be less, I wish I could be more specific there. We are still working on a redesign of the electronics so it depends on that and also a few other small changes. We are also working on a front end loader too, all metal and proportional as well
Originally Posted by afv aficionado
Hi Erik
"I have both hands in the air for both tanks. (M41 & M26)" - Me too!

Also for Bulldoggers - there's a new Bore Evacuator & Muzzle Brake available from Shapeways, fits a 3/8in (9.53mm) K & S Brass tube, that slips over the airsoft gun alloy tube, its much more to scale than the HL version.
Did a review on it - M41 T Muzzle Brake & Bore Evac - X 3D Kits via Shapeways -

Mal
Looks nice! Wish it was thingiverse so I could print it here though....
Originally Posted by Crisaman
Hi Erik

Any photos of the Leopard 2 Metal Edition?
Yes! A teaser for now, I just am catching up on emails today. I am about to start some videos and then will need to edit them together and then I'll get some more pictures of the Leo. Here is is a quick teaser of the magnetic turret doors, they work pretty well actually
Old 04-26-2018, 01:00 PM
wsn123

"I have the Leopard at the warehouse and will get some pictures of it soon. New upper hull with sliding hatch, all new metal turret, and of course our metal lower hull to match. It will be here July/Aug or so though of course I'll try to push for asap"

Are any improvements in Taigen Leopard lower hull suspension also expected ?
Old 04-26-2018, 01:08 PM
tiger rampage

Erik, when you say there are 2 people coming out with an M-60 do you mean manufacturers like Heng Long, hooben or waltersons?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.