Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

issues on new taigen gen 3 mother board !!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

issues on new taigen gen 3 mother board !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 05:46 PM
luv2flywarbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default issues on new taigen gen 3 mother board !!!

i replaced my taigen tanks with new gen 3 taigen mother board with new gen 2 radios
on my taigen m26 ( this tank has no smoke switch so smoke is always on) everything works fine.
on my taigen panther g plastic however when i connected all wires same as m26 but i get no tank sound when i fire the cannon and smoke is not working, mech. gun sound works and there is tank sound when i move the tank. i even connected new smoke unit and its still not working. i tried puting smoke wires in different slot but it dors not work.
i tried rebinding also but no luck...
anyone has any idea???
Old 05-07-2018, 05:51 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

OK so I'm having a bit of trouble understanding there but from what I guess you are having problems with your airsoft gun sounds and the smoke unit. Ok so let's try these steps first:
  • Look at this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isKaNdsuN0Y&t=1s which explains how to adjust the recoil switch. It is what controls the tank sounds and even the recoil after firing. From time to time it will need adjustment, though not often. You can also find where to insert that cable on our manuals page here: https://www.taigentanks.com/taigen-user-manuals/ (the 2 pin cable goes into slot E on the motherboard, same for V1/V2/V3). That should solve your cannon issue there.
  • Try swapping transmitters from a known working one to the motherboard in question. Remember the smoke unit will only run when the tank engine is running and if you have the toggle switch on the right pulled towards yourself. Away is off.
  • Remove the smoke unit from your previous tank with the working smoke unit and install it in the new tank. Please NEVER insert something in a plug it does not go, doing so can break the item or can be dangerous.
  • If you haven't emailed us please do so here: https://www.taigentanks.com/support/ and I'll get to you asap. I will be away from the office this week on a small well earned vacation/business trip but will still be answering emails and talking with the office while I'm gone so I will be watching.
Let me know if this fixes your issue or if you have any other questions!
Old 05-07-2018, 08:34 AM
luv2flywarbird

i know the functions and have tried all that you mentioned recoil sound on/off and etc. as i discribed above it works correctly on m26 but it doesnt on panther g and its pluged in same way as m26... i only plug in differnt slot when i tried everything else and it didnt work...
no firing sound for turret and no smoke
Old 05-07-2018, 08:50 AM
luv2flywarbird

when i plug back the old mother board smoke and cannon sound works on panther g
set up on m26 and panther g was same, wires in same plugs.
only difference i see between them is pather has smoke switch and m26 doesnt.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:26 AM
gp100

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy a better board.. You'll be happier in the end..
Old 05-07-2018, 10:31 AM
luv2flywarbird

Originally Posted by gp100
Buy a better board.. You'll be happier in the end..
hahaha thanks
it worked on m26 and sounded much much better then old taigen mother board sound though..
Old 05-08-2018, 03:29 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

OK well if that didn't fix it send us an email over on our support page and as long as you got it from us I'll I get you fixed up in no time!