Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Mato Sherman gearbox question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Mato Sherman gearbox question

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 07:45 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Mato Sherman gearbox question

I have a Mato Sherman with stock gears, motors, sprockets and tracks. I would like to upgrade it to metal gears and sprockets. What aftermarket gearbox and sprockets will fit? Will I need to change out the tracks too?

Thanks for any help.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:21 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I can't help you with your question, Paco, but I hope you'll post the results when you figure it all out because I have a Sherman just like that. Sounds like a great opportunity for me to let you do all the work.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:51 AM
Pah co chu puk

Originally Posted by Crius
I can't help you with your question, Paco, but I hope you'll post the results when you figure it all out because I have a Sherman just like that. Sounds like a great opportunity for me to let you do all the work.
LOL OK, that's two of us that would like this question answered, anybody out there who can help?
Old 05-11-2018, 09:52 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

I had considered that too with mine, but nobody has really talked about them failing and a plastic tank even with those heavy tracks as seemed to be reliable. I investigated it but decided not to pursue it. Almost wish had kept the tank, I put a 3d printed okmo T23 on it that looked better than the stock one.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:03 AM
RichJohnson

Also, those tracks are really nice and I have not gotten them to run on any other sprocket even the metal mato one. I would just leave it alone until it breaks.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:14 PM
Pah co chu puk

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
Also, those tracks are really nice and I have not gotten them to run on any other sprocket even the metal mato one. I would just leave it alone until it breaks.
Good advice. Very true. My son has managed to break the plastic gearbox twice, once in an IR battle at DAK, and once at a 6th grade science fair. I bought replacements, and spares, but would like to upgrade it if I can. I understand not surviving the 6th grade science fair, but the DAK battle was just normal wear and tear type duty, it should have survived that.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:55 PM
RichJohnson

speaking of dak, im headed over for the night battle next week