Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

DKLM/OKMO 1/16 Churchill MK.VII is now for order

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

DKLM/OKMO 1/16 Churchill MK.VII is now for order

Old 08-18-2018, 08:52 PM
Longsheep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DKLM/OKMO 1/16 Churchill MK.VII is now for order

The OKMO Churchill is now ready for sale. It seems that in response to popular feedback the price has been lowered and a set of prototypical metal track is included.

As OKMO is formed by a group of designers, T28/95, M60A3 and this tank are lead by different designers. This is Carson of DKLM's debut work, evolved from the drawings he started years ago. He has good attention to details and asked me to research and purchase reference material on my trip to UK back in June. Metal is used only on essential parts, but from my inspection the hull is plenty strong due to the prototype's smaller size and construction design.

Low-speed gearing DKLM gearbox is recommended for prototypical speed and realistic steering. Variants of the Churchill including the Crocodile are planned for future release.

https://www.dklmrc.com/product/ccmk7

Old 08-18-2018, 09:09 PM
RichJohnson

Received 372 Likes on 237 Posts

Very nice work. Impressive like the M60.
Does this kit come with instructions or are you on your own like the m60?
Old 08-18-2018, 09:24 PM
Longsheep

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
Very nice work. Impressive like the M60.
Does this kit come with instructions or are you on your own like the m60?
I don't know Rich, I only helped Carson on the project as a friend.
I always find little use for an instruction as I am already familiar with tanks I build, Ludwig kits do not often have it either.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:36 PM
RichJohnson

Instructions or just photos of the assembly would help a lot. Something as simple as hand drawn diagrams with parts identified and lines to where they go, like which particular screws should go where would really have helped as we have some confusion there. If you review the m60 thread going on, I put screws in the bottom of the tank to hold the brass torsion bar locks in place. We do not know if that is correct, it just sort of fit. Were also not sure what screws are supposed to hold the torsion bars in from the top, I got two sets of wheel screws and the other fella did not and had to supply his own set screws for the torsion bars. You can see our confusion here.
The Cromwell looks very complicated and without a parts diagram it would be tough I think to get right, and when you spend this kind of money, frustration breeds anger. Im just saying. Im very happy with my m60 kit, but Im also frustrated having only build Shermans before.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:47 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Bloody good! After all these years we finally have a proper kit featuring British armor & the price ain't bad, either!
Old 08-19-2018, 12:39 AM
Longsheep

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
Instructions or just photos of the assembly would help a lot. Something as simple as hand drawn diagrams with parts identified and lines to where they go, like which particular screws should go where would really have helped as we have some confusion there. If you review the m60 thread going on, I put screws in the bottom of the tank to hold the brass torsion bar locks in place. We do not know if that is correct, it just sort of fit. Were also not sure what screws are supposed to hold the torsion bars in from the top, I got two sets of wheel screws and the other fella did not and had to supply his own set screws for the torsion bars. You can see our confusion here.
The Cromwell looks very complicated and without a parts diagram it would be tough I think to get right, and when you spend this kind of money, frustration breeds anger. Im just saying. Im very happy with my m60 kit, but Im also frustrated having only build Shermans before.
Hi Rich, just heard back from Carson, instruction for M60 will be done in a few days and Churchill will come with one.

The Taiwanese M60 designer cannot reply directly in English and did not record his build, so it took some time to make instruction.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:50 AM
RichJohnson

That is wonderful news. Thank you a lot for relaying that to us. I am still waiting on upgrade parts to arrive before I really jump into my build. ive just been fitting the new wheels and torsion bars and locks in to see what screws fit where etc. Still need to sand and putty just a little bit of flaws in the side of my hull some more. The 3d printing is amazing work and looks great except for a couple spots that need to be addressed.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:40 AM
RC_BobM

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

That is a great looking model - me wants one! What sound board is used in the demo model. Very cool.
Bob
Old 08-20-2018, 02:11 AM
Longsheep

Originally Posted by RC_BobM
That is a great looking model - me wants one! What sound board is used in the demo model. Very cool.
Bob
Hey Bob, a dedicated sound board is being made, but I think the PzIV sound might be used here. At least that is what I suggested as they are both straight 12 engine IRL.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:32 AM
Majordisastor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to see some classic British armour up for grabs.
It really does look impressive!!
Old 08-23-2018, 05:45 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Please do say there is more to come in the way of neglected British armor. Personally, I'd love to see a Matilda and another cruiser tank besides Ludwig's Cromwell; a Crusader or Comet would be nice.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:21 AM
Majordisastor

Hmmm ...Crusader gets my vote !
Old 08-25-2018, 01:54 AM
Panzerjaeger66

Received 106 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by herrmill
Please do say there is more to come in the way of neglected British armor. Personally, I'd love to see a Matilda and another cruiser tank besides Ludwig's Cromwell; a Crusader or Comet would be nice.
here you are; a Matilda from Christian Ludwig:

Old 08-25-2018, 07:59 AM
Longsheep

Some updates with the many working hatches:

Old 08-27-2018, 02:22 AM
Majordisastor

Nice very nice ..Good level of detail on both models.

Handy to have all the hatches operational as well.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:30 PM
ChuckATruck

I seen the video for it on YouTube it looks awesome running
Old 08-31-2018, 02:50 PM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Just ordered mine today from DKLM.
Hope to get you guys a evaluation and build review when get it.

Should be a fun and really different type of build, look forward to the suspension setup.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:36 AM
Longsheep

Originally Posted by heavyaslead
Just ordered mine today from DKLM.
Hope to get you guys a evaluation and build review when get it.

Should be a fun and really different type of build, look forward to the suspension setup.
From my observation the Churchill definitely went together better than the M60! Carson built the prototype in about half the time.
It is really a change from most existing RC tanks. Very different shape (narrow and long) and construction.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:34 PM
heavyaslead

Just got the kit, delivered in less than a week!

Some pics.

Gearboxes ordered separately

Track back pattern

Box

Parts bags

Gearboxes ordered separately

How the power plant fits - perfect

Upper hull

Lower hull
Old 10-26-2018, 06:36 PM
heavyaslead

More.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:54 PM
RC_BobM

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Really nice looking kit. The 3D print looks awesome. Love those tracks too. I thought the Sprockets would be metal though. Hmm.
Very cool!
B
Old 10-29-2018, 02:44 AM
heavyaslead

The tracks are really nice, some of the best manufacture I have seen. Fitment is precise and strong.

Need to find a caster to get the sprocket/Idler in metal...
Old 10-29-2018, 02:57 AM
Longsheep

Originally Posted by heavyaslead
The tracks are really nice, some of the best manufacture I have seen. Fitment is precise and strong.

Need to find a caster to get the sprocket/Idler in metal...
Yeah the tracks are remarkable, Carson was also surprised by the precision of the casting.
The plastic used on sprocket/idler is very strong and hardwearing, much better than ABS. The prototype shows zero wear after hours of off-road running. However metal does has that heavy feeling that plastic can't give.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:23 AM
heavyaslead

The casting of the plastic (not sure what type) is strong but brittle compared to ABS. Actually cracked a piece off the upper hull latch mechanism removing the upper hull.

The material also strips out with more than moderate screw tension, so be careful.

Even the instructions warn against heavy driving as the material is not as resilient as ABS.

All-in-all I am very satisfied with it as the castings are very well done, precise fit and no flash, bubbles or other casting remnants.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:25 AM
heavyaslead

The material is also recommended to use JB weld for all parts permanent attachments, super glue or cement will not work (tried it).

That's OK, I used JB on my Maus and its rock solid, just more tedious in the application and cleanup.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.